E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 06" radio problem

Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W211 06"
Arrow W211 06" radio problem

OKay first post, hi MB world Names Marko and im from Croatia cheers
I have w211, had original aps50 radio unit in it, then procesor chip burned then i replaced it with other and same happend after 2 weeks, soo guy tells me my motherboard is busted...
After that i decided to buy used APS50 Command, biger screen and have dvd option, so i installed unit and all works fine for 15 minutes, after that radio goes ON and OFF all the time :/

I went to service and they couldn't connect with SDS (i think-diganose computer service) to audio gateway, and they say its something wrong there with that unit( its located in trunk, left side, behind panels)...
This is dead end, what should i do, i also read somewhere that this maybe is causing broken or not working cigar lighter, in my case that dosent work :/

Please help me, for all you guys if encountered with this problem before guide me with this.

Say if you need more info on anything, best regards, Marko

EDIT: today i went to local car dealer and he managed to get me new audio gateway unit and radio unit...
Finnaly this is working, after 2 months of radio silence...
What was problem? :
My audio gateway was malfunctioning and every new radio I insert in car the procesor chip would burn out, so i replaced the audio gateway and replaced radio and its working like a charm...My audio gateway burned 3 times processor chip, and that costs me a lot of money, anyway its solved now.

Last edited by Marko2011; 11-28-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: latest update:
Old 01-12-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by Marko2011
OKay first post, hi MB world Names Marko and im from Croatia cheers
I have w211, had original aps50 radio unit in it, then procesor chip burned then i replaced it with other and same happend after 2 weeks, soo guy tells me my motherboard is busted...
After that i decided to buy used APS50 Command, biger screen and have dvd option, so i installed unit and all works fine for 15 minutes, after that radio goes ON and OFF all the time :/

I went to service and they couldn't connect with SDS (i think-diganose computer service) to audio gateway, and they say its something wrong there with that unit( its located in trunk, left side, behind panels)...
This is dead end, what should i do, i also read somewhere that this maybe is causing broken or not working cigar lighter, in my case that dosent work :/

Please help me, for all you guys if encountered with this problem before guide me with this.

Say if you need more info on anything, best regards, Marko

EDIT: today i went to local car dealer and he managed to get me new audio gateway unit and radio unit...
Finnaly this is working, after 2 months of radio silence...
What was problem? :
My audio gateway was malfunctioning and every new radio I insert in car the procesor chip would burn out, so i replaced the audio gateway and replaced radio and its working like a charm...My audio gateway burned 3 times processor chip, and that costs me a lot of money, anyway its solved now.
Roughly how much did the audio gateway cost you? having the same problem.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W211 06"
hey, i got radio and audio gateway very very cheap, i went to scrap yard and i got that from totaled AMG, radio unit and gateway unit, cost me both 300€.

150€ was each, i managed to bargain and succeeded, was way below price

Anyway i think decent price for gateway is around 100-150€, and that radio unit i can say its around 500-600€ in my country.

hope this helped