MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   VMI Request (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/230833-vmi-request.html)

Polar Bear 02-14-2008 06:18 PM

VMI Request

Is it possible for someone to run a VMI on a car I am considering purchasing from a dealer? Of course, personal information can be removed...

Please reply or PM me if possible.

Thanks!

lkchris 02-14-2008 08:57 PM

VMI is run by Mercedes dealer. There is no personal information in VMI. All VMI is going to tell you as regards service is which campaigns have been performed and which are pending. You'll get a list of installed options, too. This is something the dealer salesman should be willing to show you in order to sell the car.

Polar Bear 02-15-2008 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by lkchris (Post 2655131)
VMI is run by Mercedes dealer. There is no personal information in VMI. All VMI is going to tell you as regards service is which campaigns have been performed and which are pending. You'll get a list of installed options, too. This is something the dealer salesman should be willing to show you in order to sell the car.

Hi,

I understand what it is, but the dealer that has the car is not a new Mercedes-Benz dealer, so they don't have access to it. The local Mercedes-Benz dealer will not provide that information because it contains "personal information" such as perhaps the last owner's name and perhaps contact information. I know they could mark that out and provide me with the options and service performed under warranty, but they are being "by the book" and will not provide anything on it unless I provide proof of ownership. I was hoping someone here on the board works in the service department of a Mercedes-Benz dealership that could check it for me.

Thanks

KYBENZ 02-15-2008 09:49 AM

PM me with VIN

konigstiger 02-15-2008 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by KYBENZ (Post 2655753)
PM me with VIN

Thanks Ron :y BTW the parts quote I requested a while back, MBUSA took care of it "on the arm".

Polar Bear 02-15-2008 04:09 PM

PM me with VIN

PM sent. Thank you very much!

jimmydagreek 02-17-2008 12:15 AM

Same here, dealer will not pull the VMI for me. KY, does your offer still stand for another member, me???!!! ;)

KYBENZ 02-17-2008 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by jimmydagreek (Post 2658470)
Same here, dealer will not pull the VMI for me. KY, does your offer still stand for another member, me???!!! ;)

pm me as well.

eurotrash13 06-10-2008 03:51 PM

KYBENZ, are you still able to pull VMI?
Dealer will not pull VMI because of privacy reasons. Carfax only has a history up to 15 miles and the car currently has almost 42k.

No problem if you can't. :bow:

lkchris 06-10-2008 05:06 PM

There's nothing "private" in a VMI.

I bet dealer would run one for you if you purchase a PPI from them.

eurotrash13 06-10-2008 06:46 PM

I am not sure what a PPI is, but the dealer i am buying the car from is not a MB dealer.

Polar Bear 06-10-2008 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by eurotrash13 (Post 2875860)
I am not sure what a PPI is, but the dealer i am buying the car from is not a MB dealer.

Pre-purchase inspection.

Ask them to mark out the sections they deem "private" and provide it to you.

The radio code is on there, as well as the current/previous owners name and possibly address. That's what they consider "private."

06E5004ME 03-26-2012 10:30 AM

I apologize for digging up an old thread in advance.

Could somebody provide me a copy of a VMI? I e-mailed my local dealer asking if there are any recalls for my car. The rep told me there were 0 recalls on my car, which I find hard to believe as I have SBC brakes and at least she should have mentioned that there is a recall for that. Regardless, anyone with this info would really help me out.

Thank you.

PortAxePlayer1 03-26-2012 10:50 AM

I Have The same issue, but my dealer (only one in the country - Lebanon) doesn't want to run my VIN and send me the VMI because it's an American car :\ Any help would be appreciated !

Thank You In Advance :)

tintelben 05-03-2012 09:26 AM

Hi, could you run VMI report for me? It seems that there is problem with it.

tmc929 07-22-2014 08:10 PM

VMI Request

Hello Folks -
I am the proud owner of a pre-owned 2007 R320 CDI...desperately need a VMI for my vehicle to be exported from US to Canada. Can someone help?
:zoom:

MBKake 12-09-2014 07:01 AM

Can anybody on here run a VMI for me. PM me if you can help me out, greatly appreciated

baopee 08-06-2015 08:53 AM

Can Someone please help me to run a VMI for me,

WDDKJ7DB0FF296207

thank you very much

Edit: Talked to Merc live chat, they were able to email me VMI.

http://mercedes-benz.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

DaveC0llins 02-07-2019 10:22 AM

Is that PM offer still available 11 years later... same situation. They won’t release

Can you still do the same? Mercedes won’t give me the information -

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 2656325)
PM sent. Thank you very much!

DaveC0llins 02-07-2019 11:36 AM

PM me with VIN

Are you still able to retrieve this info? As I'm having the same issue right now.. let me know & I'll PM you the VIN. Thanks in advance

Polar Bear 06-28-2019 07:07 AM

Update regarding disconnect between customer and dealer employees

Since this comes up often, I wanted to take a second and explain that there has been renewed pressure from some of the brass at least in the United States regarding releasing this information. Access to it has been greatly limited within dealerships, and the ones with access are very reluctant to break the rules as the document has said “FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY” for years, but violations of this is becoming more and more disciplined, at least at many dealers.

I am not sure I buy the privacy argument as that could, obviously, be easily redacted. I think it is more likely that MBUSA feels it could expose information that could potentially set them up for a legal issue under a lemon law type lawsuit as the VMI could help the plaintiff illustrate trends in an attempt to resolve a complaint that have been performed and have not had from the customer perspective resolved the original complaint. They have likely been advised by attorneys to not provide any ammunition that could be used to win a lawsuit against them.

That is just my thoughts on it and may or may not be correct.

scotterikson 06-28-2019 09:12 AM

Huh. My local dealer had 0 problems sharing info about my car with every Tom, Dick, or Harry that would listen. Had I not been there solely to get my SBC replaced at absolutely no cost, I would have raised holy hell with them

Polar Bear 06-28-2019 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by scotterikson (Post 7790230)
Huh. My local dealer had 0 problems sharing info about my car with every Tom, Dick, or Harry that would listen. Had I not been there solely to get my SBC replaced at absolutely no cost, I would have raised holy hell with them

It varies dramatically from dealer to dealer. If you have developed a good relationship with your dealer it would have a significant influence on their decision to provide it. Most will let you view it on their computer monitor but resist if you request a printout.