MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   New 09 E350 4Matic in Colorado (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/257994-new-09-e350-4matic-colorado.html)

Z356 08-24-2008 10:32 PM

Leased New '09 E350 4Matic in Colorado

4 Attachment(s)
Just leased a '09 Arctic White/Cognac brown & Black E350 4Matic Sport. P02 Premium II Package, Designo Burl Walnut trim, Pano Roof, Split Folding Rear Seats & Sport Package. MSRP was $62,255. We tried to get one that had all of the options above plus Parktronic & electronic trunk closer. But there was none such built in Netstar for August delivery in USA or at port. As it was, we had to get this car from a dealer in Connecticut and shipped it to Colorado! The catch was finding the 'split rear seats' option - which I would have thought was more often configured that way than it actually is by dealers when ordering. The interesting thing is that this car has the Burl Walnut trim (an extra cost option) instead of the normal Black Birdseye Maple interior trim (no additional cost) you see in most E Sport models. I think the Burl Walnut looks better with the Cognac Brown interior and worth the $300+ expense. Worked out a good deal with Greg Weiler of Mercedes Benz of Westminster (303) 618-8764, one of our MBWorld sponsors. I strongly recommend to all of you this fellow - he was very straight forward and professional. Traded in two cars - a 2007 BMW 650 Vert and a 2005 Mini Cooper S Cabrio, for which they handed me a check since I owned them outright. Then we leased the new '09 E350 under very favorable terms. We needed to have a more practical car for our new home in Vail Valley at 7,600 ft of elevation. MB is currently promoting a special lease on the E350 (both RWD and AWD) which is hard to pass up. It is our first lease ever, so we will see how it works out for us. It is just 24 months, so we can see how the new E class will look like in MY2010 and wait until the bugs are worked out in MY2011 before we decide what to get next for the mountains. We are keeping our other Mercedes - a 2007 CL600 - at our second home in Carmel (CA). The new '09 Comand in the E class is great, similar to the one on the '07 CL class. My only complaint so far, coming from the sporty Mini and the BMW 650, is the seemingly over-boosted power steering on the E. On the other hand, the Panoramic roof, contrasted by the Arctic White body color, is truly awesome. It is the perfect roof to have in the Rockies to see the great outdoors year-round. The right side rear view mirror doesn't dip when put in reverse. I had the guys at Westminster try to see if the Telematics could allow it, but it couldn't be done. So we are going to program the 3rd position in the seat memory. We miss the ventilated, massaged & dynamic seats on the CL, but we didn't have any of that on the BMW or Mini, so it is good enough for our short trips around Vail, Beaver Creek and Edwards. We will also miss the heads up display from the BMW and the distronics-type cruise control we had on that car. Most MB dealers are pretty sharp with their pencils on the E class / both leftover '08 and the new '09s. But MB of Westminster in Denver beat them all and we came away very satisfied at our deal. Regards, Z356.

K-A 08-24-2008 11:34 PM

Gorgeous car. I usually wouldn't like that color for an interior, but this car pulls it off beautifully.

What's your Monthly payment?

Z356 08-25-2008 12:04 AM

Cognac Brown Interior

1 Attachment(s)
Cognac is one of my preferred interior leather colors, although my all time favorite is Armagnac (which is a rare Designo leather color currently not offered by MBUSA). Our '07 CL has the Cognac leather interior (a standard color still available), but in the more upscale 'Exclusive' leather of the S/CL 600 class. That CL600 has the exterior in 'black', so there are only two colors to deal with there. We took a chance on the Arctic white exterior color with the E350 because of the Panoramic roof option we wanted on the car. Most Cognac interiors on the Sport E350 are ordered by dealers with the black exterior color. However, the contrast with the Arctic White is the most startling! So that appealed to us...and we were able to find one configured as such! The monthly lease payments depend on the deal you negotiate with your dealer regarding the 'selling' price of the car. Let me just say that the finance charge for the entire 24 months is less than $700, so most of the monthly lease payment is depreciation. The residual is fixed by MB Financial at around 61% (from memory) so it is extremely 'optimistic'. High residual value and extremely low finance rate (money rate .00030) = low monthly lease payment. This is one extremely subsidized lease, trust me. And all of you can get it on a '09 E350 from MB Financial, if your credit is in order. Z356

Kar don 08-25-2008 12:15 AM

so what is your payment and terms (mileage, down, etc.)

Untertürkheim 08-25-2008 12:26 AM

Absolutely beautiful interior! I strongly prefer the burl walnut with both the cognac/black and sahara/black E-sport interiors. I understand your love of parktronic, I consider it a must.

Z356 08-25-2008 12:33 AM

Terms of our Lease

Term is 24 months. 10K miles per year. The advertised (see Special Leases at MB website) suggest 'capitalized cost reduction' of around $3,500 by lessee.
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/MBHome...OffersCurrent/
We elected to pay zero down (so required acquisition fee is financed in the lease) since the money rate was so low and negotiated down the 'selling price' of the car with MB of Westminster. Our drive away charge was just our initial lease payment (paid up front, as is normal in a lease). Regarding our actual monthly lease payment, we will keep that confidential. But call Greg Weiler of Mercedes Benz of Westminster (303) 618-8764 and see what is the best he can do for you. Z356

Z356 08-25-2008 12:48 AM

Parktronic

We couldn't find an E350 4Matic with Parktronic and the other options we wanted in the entire national inventory of '09 cars in MB's Netstar, at dealers or in port. This lease special I have described is just for this month (approx until Sept 2nd), and we couldn't take a chance it might not be as attractive in the next few months. I was also trading in two cars and they (MB of Westminster) needed to have them ASAP to sell since they were convertibles and summer is ending. So we couldn't wait until the 'perfect' configuration E350 showed up or be specially custom ordered. One more thing about Parktronic. We find the system that MB uses less useful than the one BMW currently employs. In our '07 BMW 650 & our previous '04 745i, we had an overhead representation of the vehicle in the NAV display screen which showed how close we were to obstructions (waves of colors surrounding the corners of the car). In our CL600, we just have the rows of yellow and red lights in dash and rear overhead, which gives you LESS specific information than the current BMW technology. On the positive side, there are no circular Parktronic 'plugs' in the bumpers of the CL600, unlike those in the lesser S/CL 550 & E models. It is all done via radar hidden beneath the bumpers as part of elaborate Distronics Plus system, so it is all pretty trick. Interestingly, the Mini Cab has standard (no cost) Parktronic-like system in the posterior bumpers due to poor rear visibility issues in that convertible model. Z356

Dema 08-25-2008 01:37 AM

MB parktronics bars are also invisible in bright sun. So I guess BMW has much better technology. Climate control display is also had a bad visibility at bright light. Only W212 will have display position similar to BMW with good visibility of all information. I think it is the reason that MB has much better lease rates, for similarly equipped BMW 535 my lease payments should be $200 more.

BRABUS_E500 08-25-2008 02:21 AM

Congrats on the new car. That color combo is to die for :eek::y:y White with black pano roof and that interior...all it needs is some BRABUS stuff to put the cherry on top :D

K-A 08-25-2008 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by BRABUS_E500 (Post 3014860)
Congrats on the new car. That color combo is to die for :eek::y:y White with black pano roof and that interior...all it needs is some BRABUS stuff to put the cherry on top :D

I dunno man, IMO even with the fact that M-B WHORES their AMG kits on everything now (standard on E and C Classes, etc.), I still think they are the ideal look for these cars, just flow perfectly.

Either way, whether OP keeps it stock (with some blacked windows of course at least ;) ) or Brabuses it up, it's a damn wicked ride :y

F_Porsche 08-25-2008 02:16 PM

sweet jesus! thats a nice color combo:y

MB Fanatic 08-25-2008 05:34 PM

Greg is a wonderful gentlemen to make a deal with. I got an amazing deal on my E320 Bluetec. Your car looks amazing btw. :D

Maddic 08-25-2008 08:06 PM

Wow! STUNNING! :D
What a coincident. Actually, I was building that same EXACT car minus 4Matic over the weekend on MBUSA. And I was a bit concern with that combination w/o see it real. ...For sure I am getting one if i can find one soon...:drool:
Thanks for sharing!

Z356 08-26-2008 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the compliments on this color combination. And yes, dealing with Greg Weiler at MB of Westminster was a very good experience. It turned out that two weeks ago (when we had to decide) there were only two E350 4Matic vehicles available (not customer's orders but for general dealer inventory) in the entire MB NetStar computer system for the USA with Cognac/Black and Premium II, Pano, Sport and split rear seats. One was Indium Grey and the other one was Arctic White. The Arctic White had Burl Walnut as an extra cost option. I had done a search at this MBWorld site reference the two wood interior choices and was aware that the Burl Walnut could be quite attractive with the sport leather interior colors that Mercedes offers in the US market. Almost 100% of the Cognac Brown/Black interior cars are ordered with the Black Birdseye Maple since MB makes that a no cost 'extra' for the sport interior E class cars in the US - so it's a no brainer for the dealers. We just think that the Burl Walnut enhances the color of the Cognac Brown leather interior on this E class. And we got lucky that this one was ordered in this unusual combination by some dealer with (in our humble opinion) a bit of flair & good taste. By the way, Premium II cars with Keyless Go and the Bi-Xenon lights are quite rare too. Most 2009 E cars are being ordered by the dealers with just Premium 1 to keep the MSRP down at a more affordable level (under $60K). We wanted the Bi-Xenons for safety reasons and the Keyless Go for the convenience. In addition, most of the '09 E class are coming to the US now with MB Tex interiors (quite attractive with the perforations and all) and not with real leather. So, we were very happy we found a P02 'loaded car' with the Cognac leather interior and most options, although we would have loved to have had (in addition) Parktronic, electronic trunk closer and illuminated door sills. Z356

musicmax 08-26-2008 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 3014698)
I usually wouldn't like that color for an interior, but this car pulls it off beautifully.

I'd have to see it in person. The pics are giving me flashbacks to the basketball/pumpkin vibe of Palomino.

Love the white with the pano, tho.

Maddic 08-26-2008 02:04 PM

One thing i love to add to the beautiful interior is Wood/Leather Steering Wheel...Then, u have all in ONE package :).

Untertürkheim 08-26-2008 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by LM3 (Post 3017097)
One thing i love to add to the beautiful interior is Wood/Leather Steering Wheel...Then, u have all in ONE package :).

From what I remember, the wood wheel is not available with the new AMG sport package.

MB Fanatic 08-26-2008 03:57 PM

Yup, you can't have wood wheel and paddl shifters at the same time.

Z356 08-26-2008 07:47 PM

Regarding wood/leather sport wheel...

That appears to be correct...that the AMG pkg in the 'lesser' E's require you to have the all leather wheel with the paddle shifters. On these '09 E's, I believe it comes in only two colors - black or sahara beige leather. I might be unusual in this respect but I don't like wood steering wheels on modern cars. I have garage walls full of period 1950's & 1960's Nardi's & VDMs wood steering wheels, some of which you can see behind the '09 E class in the photo of my Colorado garage. So I do appreciate the wood's beauty! But they just don't feel right on today's cars (perhaps too Lexus-like), especially a German vehicle with 'sporty' aspirations. In fact, I removed the beautiful wood/leather wheel that came standard on my '07 CL600 and replaced it with the all leather AMG sport wheel from a '08 S63/CL63. This, in my opinion, is the BEST sport wheel currently available for a Mercedes at this time and is 'meatier' than the one provided on this E. It does share the same look & perforated leather over-all design. Yet it's thicker and feels much better, trust me on that! You can see that S/CL63 AMG sport wheel on the photo I have included earlier in this thread re: the Cognac interior in my '07 CL class. You will see that this wheel has the aluminum (not plastic) shift paddles. The other funny thing is that I had to give up the heated function of the steering wheel on this CL600, which is standard equipment on that car, to go with the sport AMG wheel. On the OEM wood/leather wheel, only the leather portions (9 & 3 o'clock) are wired for heat. The AMG wheels is not wired for heat, period. To my knowledge, no AMG wheel comes wired for heat. Certainly not those that come on the very expensive S63 and CL63 to date. Don't know why. My BMW Sport steering wheel (fat & all leather) in the '07 650 came heated so it must be an AMG purity 'thing', part of their heritage of undiluted sport. Z356

mbe3504matic 10-07-2008 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Z356 (Post 3014772)
Term is 24 months. 10K miles per year. The advertised (see Special Leases at MB website) suggest 'capitalized cost reduction' of around $3,500 by lessee.
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/MBHome...OffersCurrent/
We elected to pay zero down (so required acquisition fee is financed in the lease) since the money rate was so low and negotiated down the 'selling price' of the car with MB of Westminster. Our drive away charge was just our initial lease payment (paid up front, as is normal in a lease). Regarding our actual monthly lease payment, we will keep that confidential. But call Greg Weiler of Mercedes Benz of Westminster (303) 618-8764 and see what is the best he can do for you. Z356

I don't understand why you brag you got a good deal but yet won't share the lease price? Isn't this forum for sharing info. Next time keep it to yourself and only talk about your car and not brag how great a deal you got since you don't want to share that info.:nix: I have no problem sharing my lease price. I got it last year October 2007 for 499/month 12000 miles/yr for 27 months 2500 out the door. Black 2008 E350 4matic Nav, HK w sirius, xenons, sport package, ipod, leather, sunshade, bluetooth puck and all weather mats I get to keep because I paid for it otherwise it would only have been 2000 out the door. This deal required a control number which most sales people at the end of a given month would share with you to get another car out. That's what I was told but I but I just wanted my payments under 500. There now that wasn't so TOP SECRET or CONFIDENTIAL..

Tymah123 10-07-2008 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Z356 (Post 3014609)
Just leased a '09 Arctic White/Cognac brown & Black E350 4Matic Sport. P02 Premium II Package, Designo Burl Walnut trim, Pano Roof, Split Folding Rear Seats & Sport Package...... Regards, Z356.

Z356, I have a question for you. Since you seem to have 4Matic and the AMG sport package can you tell me if your wheels are staggered or the same width on all 4 corners? MBUSA lists them as staggered but forum members claim that we can't have staggered set-up on 4Matics. What are your specs?

007_e350 10-07-2008 11:59 AM

Good lease but...

Congrats on the new car! Nothing beats that feel!
Dont wanna disappoint you but I read some threads here that MB is discounting as much as 12 grands on the new 08s i.e. For about 42k you can buy a new 08 .... leasing, however, a fast-depreciating car is better than buying, there are ppl who bought theirs for 62k and after 3 yrs its under 30 grand

... To check for staggered wheels on 4matics, I built the car on Mbusa.com & when you select sports pack, it puts 245s on all 4 wheels, non-sport has 245s front, 265 rear ... if that helps!

Tymah123 10-07-2008 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by 007_e350 (Post 3093581)

... To check for staggered wheels on 4matics, I built the car on Mbusa.com & when you select sports pack, it puts 245s on all 4 wheels, non-sport has 245s front, 265 rear ... if that helps!

That helps but MBUSA was wrong in the past. I would want to hear from the actual 4Matic owner with the AMG aport package. Appreciate the response though.

220S 10-07-2008 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by mbe3504matic (Post 3093226)
I don't understand why you brag you got a good deal but yet won't share the lease price? Isn't this forum for sharing info. Next time keep it to yourself and only talk about your car and not brag how great a deal you got since you don't want to share that info.:nix: I have no problem sharing my lease price. I got it last year October 2007 for 499/month 12000 miles/yr for 27 months 2500 out the door. Black 2008 E350 4matic Nav, HK w sirius, xenons, sport package, ipod, leather, sunshade, bluetooth puck and all weather mats I get to keep because I paid for it otherwise it would only have been 2000 out the door. This deal required a control number which most sales people at the end of a given month would share with you to get another car out. That's what I was told but I but I just wanted my payments under 500. There now that wasn't so TOP SECRET or CONFIDENTIAL..

I'm wanting to know, too. I'd like to know what is the actual price of the car. There is a $3600 return to the dealer for a lease, and a $6000 return for marketing support. That can make the car an exceptional deal if the dealer will work with you to get it off their lot. Should be way below invoice, depending on geographic location. It's early October, but I don't know any dealer that's going to even come close to any MB predicted sales figures.

p.s., and also what they gave you in trade. Wholesale prices are sinking like a rock esp, on something like a 650.

Okay, never mind :rolleyes: Now I see the OP was back in August and so all numbers are pretty irrelevant today. But I'm am curious what the selling price on that vehicle was.....

Dema 10-07-2008 02:23 PM

Accordingly september sales numbers, MB tops all luxury segments. And it is very strange if it is below expectations. It means other makers are doing even worse however not willing negotiate too much. I wanted to buy 535, but got stuck with a dealer so switched to MB.