MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   My New 2009 E350 Sport! (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/261258-my-new-2009-e350-sport.html)

pmb600 09-18-2008 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by murman (Post 3059939)
Interesting... so the storage unit (behind the motorized door) that used to be included under the "no changer" option no longer exists?

Yeah unfortunately it is gone. The panel is now fixed.

pmb600 09-18-2008 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by gaazmon (Post 3059987)
That's why after I wash I pump the brakes a lot at low speeds to get the rust off.

Yeah I don't really brake any differently than usual but they get all the rust off within the first drive after washing. Do you think that repeated rusting of the rotors is bad for them or will shorten the life?

Maddic 09-18-2008 04:28 PM

It's weird cause i believe the 07-08 doesn't have that rust after a wash. Is the 09 acquires a lot of break dust after driving a bit cause the 07-08 doesn't. Also, break dust normally get dustier in the front, but in the case of the E, the opposite happens...is anyone seeing that? :confused:

rob13572468 09-18-2008 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by pmb600 (Post 3060215)
The main advantage of hard drive based nav is speed. It reads off the drive much quicker than a DVD. Also I am not having the experience you do with the radio button. In my car if you push Radio once it brings you to the radio band you last were listening too: e.g. AM/FM/Weather Band/Sirius. As you push the button it scrolls through the different radios. Or just use the voice control, pull the lever and say "AM or FM or Sirius." You should check into this because every 2009 E-Class I have tried works the way mine does, not the way you report it does.

I agree. the new command is light years ahead of the previous years model and is now on par with any other system out there. The issues brought up are purely interface issues which can easily be changed with telematics updates. The nav also updates using a DVD update just as before. The big difference is that the map system can now be bigger than what a single dvd can hold which allows the system to hold far more info.. and yes it is faster as well.

On top of this the new command has significant A/V features that arent even used yet. You can add a reverse camera to it, you can add A/V inputs and outputs to the unit. you can add rear seat entertainment in the back and feed the front DVD to the rear system. Its really a very cool system.

Barry45RPM 09-18-2008 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by pmb600 (Post 3060215)
...Or just use the voice control, pull the lever and say "AM or FM or Sirius." You should check into this because every 2009 E-Class I have tried works the way mine does, not the way you report it does.

On my '07 there's no voice command to get to Sirius.

Dema 09-18-2008 11:26 PM

Indeed, I rechecked and radio button works in the way, it scrolls between different radios. However I found another problem, if the radio in Sirius, then I can't scroll between channels using steering wheels buttons (it switches me in weather band), or I can't enter directly channel # using numeric keypad. Very weird.

pmb600 09-19-2008 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM (Post 3060458)

That is because the 07 has the older system. All 2009 models have the new navigation system which has far enhanced voice control. You can now enter full addresses by voice and you do not even have to spell the entire word. The system in the E is actually even more advanced than the S/CL C-Class it just doesn't have a control knob.

pmb600 09-19-2008 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dema (Post 3060910)
Indeed, I rechecked and radio button works in the way, it scrolls between different radios. However I found another problem, if the radio in Sirius, then I can't scroll between channels using steering wheels buttons (it switches me in weather band), or I can't enter directly channel # using numeric keypad. Very weird.

That is strange. I can enter any channel directly by pressing # and then the station number I want. I will have to check but the steering wheel buttons in my car scroll through the presets.

Dema 09-19-2008 02:36 AM

You are right. I checked manual. Steering wheels buttons work only for presets as keypad buttons without pressing #.

RyRoRyan 09-19-2008 10:16 AM

So my question is...does it allow you to TYPE in a location without knowing what category it is in? The one thing I HATE on the MB compared to my wife's Saab 97-x (GM Nav) is that she can just press destination then just type in the company or POI she is looking for and it finds it. It makes me mad that things like wal-mart grocery centers and wal-mart supercenters are in different categories and unless you know what category a certain business is in, you are not going to find it. The other thing I wish for in MB Nav is better POI icons on the screen...like hers will give the icon of the business, like McDonalds will have their M, and chilis has the pepper and what not. Lastly I wish that it would give actual street names in views larger than .5 miles. Does the new Nav have any of that?

Barry45RPM 09-19-2008 10:17 AM

Can you type in a zip code instead of a town name?

Dema 09-19-2008 02:29 PM

POI feature is really weak in the latest command. Yes, you can just say or type name of destination, however it will more likely connect you to business location as head quarter, or something like that. For example if you say Wal-Mart, then more likely you get an address of Wal-Mart corporative office instead of closest Wal-Mart store location. Shopping is presented only as shopping centers, like malls and grocery stores.
Yes, zip is supported, you can type zip instead of city name. Actually voice recognition of new command is good, so more likely you will succeed just in saying city name.

born4sky 10-27-2008 10:48 AM

Great car how much are you paying for it?

ygohome 10-27-2008 11:43 AM

Very nice! I love black on black mercedes. The command and sound system looks pretty sweet! Nice features

Ben

ygohome 10-27-2008 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by born4sky (Post 3131719)

lol. my dad always taught me A) never ask a man how much money he makes... B) never ask a man how much he paid for such and such... :D

Tymah123 10-27-2008 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by ygohome (Post 3131852)
lol. my dad always taught me A) never ask a man how much money he makes... B) never ask a man how much he paid for such and such... :D

Your dad was wrong about "B". Isn't that how we get great deals, by comparison shopping?

LaicepsYdobon 10-27-2008 03:59 PM

Congrats; car looks great ! Need to drive it some to get the rust off your breaks :) I hope you got it at Globe in Fairfield...

ygohome 10-28-2008 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tymah123 (Post 3131981)
Your dad was wrong about "B". Isn't that how we get great deals, by comparison shopping?

its just kindof rude., you know what I mean? "how much did you pay for your house?" those types of questions. Doesn't mean a person shouldn't comparison shop or do their research. but to ask a dude outright. But this is the interweb, who cares right? lol

this car is sweet though. Congrats to the op.:y

Dema 10-28-2008 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by ygohome (Post 3131852)

Unless you work for IRS.

JRAMGV8 10-30-2008 05:13 PM

She's beautifiul, I can't wait to trade in my car later next year for E550.

webada 10-30-2008 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by born4sky (Post 3131719)

yes, please let us know!

My dad is looking for one after a freak accident which total his car.... insurance deemed total lost.

Long Islander 10-31-2008 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM (Post 3060458)

Hey Barry, can you use Voice Command to skip to the next song when it's playing iPod music?

born4sky 10-31-2008 09:42 AM

Congratulations on the purchase, Love your car because I have exactly the same one ... no I have different license plate.

You cant skip iPod songs, but you can skip CD track

AMGTTV8 10-31-2008 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by pmb600 (Post 3061033)
That is because the 07 has the older system. All 2009 models have the new navigation system which has far enhanced voice control. You can now enter full addresses by voice and you do not even have to spell the entire word. The system in the E is actually even more advanced than the S/CL C-Class it just doesn't have a control knob.

Glad to hear you like the system but unfortunately your facts aren't right so i must remark...

The C has the newest technology, version 4.0.
E/ML/R/GL/CLS/G/CLK/SLK/SL version 3.5
S/CL 3.0

AMGTTV8 10-31-2008 11:02 AM

also did i see correctly in the picture of the command screen that there is a backup camera? wasnt aware that was on the e...

thx