MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   Adapting Aftermarket Stereo to W211 Factory Systems (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/263491-adapting-aftermarket-stereo-w211-factory-systems.html)

moondragon 10-02-2008 01:40 AM

Adapting Aftermarket Stereo to W211 Factory Systems

Sorry if this has been posted before but just thought I'd let those who are interested in integrating aftermarket stereo systems to their factory set-ups. Particularly if you are trying to get the signals from the MOST fibre for RCA inputs for aftermarket amps.

You need to get (lifted off their site)

"Dietz Interface
1580 - IMU (R) MOST Audio-out Interface MERCEDES
The Interface converts the digital tone information of the MOST Ring to an analogue 4-channel preamplifier signal. The original préamplifier is replaced through that. After that you can refit a individual Hifi-system to the OEM Headunit. Compatible devices, see the instructions.

Technical data:

Software release: SW 1.0.0
Power supply: 12 V DC
Working Voltage: 10,0 – 14,6 V DC
Quiescent current: 20 mA
Power consumption: 0,3 W
Temperature range: -40 - +85 °C
Weight: 0,168 kg
Dimensions: 106 x 70 x 32 mm

Scope of delivery

1 pc. instruction manual
1 pc. AUX-Out interface
3 pc. shunt connector, red
1 pc. cable kit

Compatible with / Compatible avec / Kompatibel mit / Compatibel met / Compatibile con / Compatible con:

MERCEDES C-Klasse W203
MERCEDES E-Klasse W211
mit/with AUDIO 20
oder mit/or with AUDIO 50
Comand APS (NTG2 mit integriertem Audiogateway)/
Comand APS (NTG2 with integrated Audiogateway"

moondragon 10-09-2008 06:03 AM

Picture plus site

1 Attachment(s)
Attached pics with web-site

W211Mike 10-10-2018 04:37 PM

Hey, you seem to know a lot about the w211 audio so i was hoping you could help me out. I have a 2003 e320 base so no logic7/hk system. My issue is that I need some answers for a headunit upgrade I want to do, I have an (what appears to be) audio 50 headunit but it doesn’t have nav, it only has that casette player and cd player. I want to upgrade my headunit to a newer doubledin (probably a sony). I don’t know if I need a wiring harness, where to find one/ get one, and anything else that someone doing a headunit upgrade on their stock sound system would need to know.

Onyxthecat 10-10-2018 06:58 PM

10 years later.

Bahnstormer 10-10-2018 07:04 PM

Blast from the past.

mike2187 10-11-2018 08:46 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3fd866e2e.jpeg

Originally Posted by W211Mike (Post 7574247)
Hey, you seem to know a lot about the w211 audio so i was hoping you could help me out. I have a 2003 e320 base so no logic7/hk system. My issue is that I need some answers for a headunit upgrade I want to do, I have an (what appears to be) audio 50 headunit but it doesn’t have nav, it only has that casette player and cd player. I want to upgrade my headunit to a newer doubledin (probably a sony). I don’t know if I need a wiring harness, where to find one/ get one, and anything else that someone doing a headunit upgrade on their stock sound system would need to know.

When I replaced my command on my 2006 with the Harmon Kardon I just cut and butt connected the power and ground from the factory harness. If I remember correctly there’s no ignition power in that harness so I Tapped into the lighter power. I believe your car will also have a audio gateway that you will have to run speaker wire from the new radio to the audio gateway and unplug the audio gateway or pick up the wires in the factory harness for me it was easier just running to the audio gateway. I still don’t have a fm Reception either which isn’t a big deal because I usually listen to my phone or satellite radio. That’s all I can think of right now. I went with the pioneer double din.

ot1 10-11-2018 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by mike2187 (Post 7574723)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3fd866e2e.jpeg

When I replaced my command on my 2006 with the Harmon Kardon I just cut and butt connected the power and ground from the factory harness. If I remember correctly there’s no ignition power in that harness so I Tapped into the lighter power. I believe your car will also have a audio gateway that you will have to run speaker wire from the new radio to the audio gateway and unplug the audio gateway or pick up the wires in the factory harness for me it was easier just running to the audio gateway. I still don’t have a fm Reception either which isn’t a big deal because I usually listen to my phone or satellite radio. That’s all I can think of right now. I went with the pioneer double din.

Mike i have a question about your A/C control, and not to hijack this thread i am going to PM you.

mike2187 10-11-2018 12:58 PM

Ok

W211Mike 10-14-2018 10:21 PM

Anyone know if this wiring harness will work for stock sound system on stock 2003 e320 (https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...che-LMZ40.html)

E63007 11-13-2020 11:30 AM

Does this Dietz Interface work by accepting the MOST Plug that would normally be connected to the Command Amp and then both extend the MOST Signal to the Command Amp while also providing full spectrum analogue output to either a DSP or Aftermarket Amps! Or does it take the Command Amp out of the MOST Loop? If it is the prior, then I imagine this would allow one to connect Aftermarket Amps (preferably via DSP) to the OEM wiring provided one splices into the OEM wires properly thereby allowing full use of navigation DVD, Bluetooth, XM/Sirius as well as those channels driven by the Command Gateway Amp (say Center Channel and surrounds in rear deck)!!! I have an Audison SPM-4 which takes the front mid/tweeter (4) signals intercepted from the Gateway Amp and mixes it into (2) to allow the leads from a DSP wiring harness to be connected the remaining rear "Full Pass" signals if the front is 2 way or from both the rear and the front Woofer if front is 3 way component as the DSP harness has (6) leads. My 2007 E63, I'm afraid doesn't have the "2 way" independent component, rather it has 1 channel feeding 2 speakers via a capacitor connecting the tweeter from the woofer's mount, so the SPM-4 may not serve me as I had intended!! So in order to harness the full MOST signal, this unit could be a good call. Otherwise, now that there is a 3-way MOST Cable available on E-Bay that theoretically could connect (female) to the MOST and and feed (male) into the Command Gateway AMP in first position (assuming there isn't a return signal lead incorporated into that original MOST Plug?!?) and then (male) connect into a MoBridge DA-1 or Audison BIT DMI which both will connect to the DSP via Optical Toslink, I wondering if any of you had tried this in order to retain the Command Gateway functions and center channel, and surrounds, while making your front stage 3 way component??? This is what I'm endeavoring to do, but that MOST Plug is the key! If it has a return signal incorporated into the Plug, then that's a deal breaker!!