E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Average Dealer Discounts???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Average Dealer Discounts???

Ok I was wondering like MRSP for the E500 in U.S. is $55,570. And if you get the E3: Sport Package , E5:Heated Steering Wheel/Front Seats, Distronic , harman kardon , Factory Installed CD Changer , Keyless Go , Panorama Sunroof , Chrome Door Handle. Total Pice comes out to $65,464.00 (according to "bulid your own" on www.mbusa.com) What do you think the average dealer discounts will be on this. I know i should contact a local dealer but i was thinking of waiting for the 2004 E-500 since my lease will be up in September in 2003. So i don't want to go and sound like a fool..... So if you help by just letting me know average dealer discount on these configerations.... If you could also tell what do you consider "good discount" as you get a lot of than average and what do you consider not that good discount..
It would be great you can help
Old 02-15-2003, 06:26 PM
mco

ML430, E500
Re: Average Dealer Discounts???

Average dealer discounts on the west coast on E500 is about $2,500 to $3,500. I went on the last day of the month and got $3,660 off mine. I have heard of people getting within about $250-500 of invoice price as well.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:40 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
I secured $1500 off from my San Antonio Dealer and when calculating shipping from the West Coast or East Coast where I secured $3000 discounts, I decided to give the sale to my local guy. Shipping is abouty $1500 in closed transport. One issue I felt could arise later with a shipped unit is that, if, upon delivery, I noticed a flaw or ding of any kind, while it may all be well and good to blame the shipper or the dealer, I would have limited options. Technically you have accepted the car BEFORE it ships to you. I much rather walk away at the local dealer than have to try to send a car back... This after several detailed discussions with several shippers and MB themselves.

So if you can get $3200 off and no need to ship, great. If shipping is involved- BE CAREFUL

IMHO
Old 02-15-2003, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Re: Re: Average Dealer Discounts???

Originally posted by mco
Average dealer discounts on the west coast on E500 is about $2,500 to $3,500. I went on the last day of the month and got $3,660 off mine. I have heard of people getting within about $250-500 of invoice price as well.

Was this discount off an E on the lot or one you ordered?
Old 02-15-2003, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
I got $3,615 off MSRP on an E320 without really having to try very hard (probably could have done better.) They had to do a dealer-to-dealer trade to get the car, but I got delivery the day after my initial call to this particular dealer (after waiting FOREVER with another dealer). I also purchased on the last day of the month.

Actually, my deal was $500 over dealer invoice (which worked out to $3,615 off MSRP). I got the invoice numbers from edmunds.com, a very useful site, and those figures were exactly what the dealer had! The dealer actually will give you the invoice if you ask for it. So with all of your options, it would be even more off MSRP. This was for a purchase. They would have sold right at dealer invoice if I had leased the car.

MSRP and dealer invoice prices on individual options:
http://edmunds.com/new/2003/mercedes...Mercedes-Benz*

If you enjoy haggling and want your very best deal, you might try a seasonal marketplace dealer in their off season. I bought my last Mercedes from VIP Motors in Palm Springs on August 31 after a whole month of 110 to 120 degree days. They were desperate to get their sales figure up! By the way, I didn't even go there to buy the car. I bought it over the phone, and they drove it to me in Los Angeles. I did the paperwork in my kitchen! And they didn't charge any extra for delivering it to me.

Last edited by rickyfanmdr; 02-15-2003 at 11:16 PM.