MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   Squeeking noise from front driver side suspension area? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/345689-squeeking-noise-front-driver-side-suspension-area.html)

no_clue 04-06-2010 11:23 PM

Squeeking noise from front driver side suspension area?

Please bare with me, I know nothing about my 7-year-old cars. E320 regular ( or how to explain it clearly for that matter )

Recently, I noticed squeeking noise from front-driver-side suspsension area.
It happens when suspension going up-and-down.
It doesn't happen when I turn steerling wheel left and right. (standing still, or driving )

If I push down the car (front-driver-side) by body weight, I can hear it.

*today, I dropped by local gas station and they had my car lift-up. No rust, no oil leak, (Mech say, it looks like in perfect condition) and Mechanic spray some yellow stuff on all joints. But the squeeking still happen.

What can be the issue? tks~~~

crazypotato 04-07-2010 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by no_clue (Post 4021193)
Please bare with me, I know nothing about my 7-year-old cars. E320 regular ( or how to explain it clearly for that matter )

Recently, I noticed squeeking noise from front-driver-side suspsension area.
It happens when suspension going up-and-down.
It doesn't happen when I turn steerling wheel left and right. (standing still, or driving )

If I push down the car (front-driver-side) by body weight, I can hear it.

*today, I dropped by local gas station and they had my car lift-up. No rust, no oil leak, (Mech say, it looks like in perfect condition) and Mechanic spray some yellow stuff on all joints. But the squeeking still happen.

What can be the issue? tks~~~

This could be hard to solve. I would take some silicon lube and spray each joints/bushing one by one to eliminate the noisy bushing one by one.

Diesel Benz 04-07-2010 01:52 AM

It must be one of the joints, those wear quite easily on a W211 and often it is pretty hard to figure out the worn joint. Having the front up, both front wheels off ground may help to find some play on one of the joints. My first guess would be the lower main joint, the upper one would be the next candidate.

no_clue 04-07-2010 02:03 AM

Thanks for your advice~ I will give it a try when it stop rainning.
If you have other suggestions, please do let me know.

thanks again,

vettdvr 04-07-2010 02:36 PM

You have a bad ball joint but just haven't found it yet. Mine went around 70,000 or so miles. Common problem. Just throw some $$ at it and it will fix the squeek.

no_clue 04-07-2010 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by vettdvr (Post 4021952)
You have a bad ball joint but just haven't found it yet. Mine went around 70,000 or so miles. Common problem. Just throw some $$ at it and it will fix the squeek.

Thanks, assuming it is a bad ball joint, do you happen to know the part number / price? ( price done in dealer? )

thanks again,

vettdvr 04-08-2010 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by no_clue (Post 4022483)
Thanks, assuming it is a bad ball joint, do you happen to know the part number / price? ( price done in dealer? )

thanks again,

Just do a search at any of this forum vendors for your specific model part and price, then add about $300 labor.

no_clue 04-08-2010 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by vettdvr (Post 4023099)
Just do a search at any of this forum vendors for your specific model part and price, then add about $300 labor.

Greatly appreciated~

braizedtofu 09-06-2010 06:06 PM

I have the same squeaking from my front driver side. I've replaced the ball joint with the meyle HD one from autohausz and its still squeaking.

From what ive gathered, its from the up and down movement of the suspension. could the control arm bushings be the cause?