SIRIUS is Seriously Annoying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
SIRIUS is Seriously Annoying

I called up SIRIUS today trying to upgrade to the "Premier" Package that included The Virus (huuge O&A fan). Apparently since they switched up the channels I CAN'T GET the extra channels even though my car is an '09. I told them that was very strange as my '06 BMW had no issues getting that channel. I was under the impression that my car had the updated COMAND with all the bells and whistles.

This doesn't include an updated SIRIUS module even though mine has two ID's?
Old 07-22-2011, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Did you get Hijab from Mumbai? Usually I get " I am very much liking to be helping you out today" Trying to explain to someone in a 3rd world country that you need to add a receiver and take one off is a fun time!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Did you get Hijab from Mumbai? Usually I get " I am very much liking to be helping you out today" Trying to explain to someone in a 3rd world country that you need to add a receiver and take one off is a fun time!
Strange. I seem to get North America based support when I call. Clueless people still but it did not seem to be based in India.

By the way your comment lacks understanding of the underlying problem. The problem with the support at outsourced call centers is not necessarily the country. There are certainly very well educated Indians in that country but generally call centers offer very little pay to entice people skilled enough to apply for those jobs (yes, even in India).

Basically just as it is unfair to judge the United States based on the performance of an a hillbilly person barely able to speak (no offence intended to hillbilly persons) it is also unfair to judge the whole country of India based on the people they can attract for the wages they pay at some call centers.

Having said that would be nice to try and help the OP without starting a whole discussion about the merits of condemning a whole country based on the performance of the lowest paid professionals of that country under policies we set here right in the US.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E400, 2015 GLK 350
I've had Sirius in three vehicles since 2004. Worst customer support on the planet. No matter your problem, they just read the script and if the problem isn't solved, too bad. I guess we're stuck, though, I will never go back to poorly-programmed, commercial-laden terrestrial radio again.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 4-Matic, 2004 SL600
I hate em also...but can't complain too much. We called to have the one in ours switched over to our name, but we can't until the previous owner removes it from their account. So we bought the car last April and the satellite radio is still working, and they are still paying for it, the won't let me change it to my account......