E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2006 E-350 Integrated Satellite Installation/Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E-350 Integrated Satellite Installation/Parts

Ok, I have read dozens of threads with scores of suggestions and part numbers. No two threads or posts say the same thing or agree. It would seem this question has been asked and answered a milloin times. But for the life of me, I cant figure out the FINAL answer. Im hoping to get the absolute answer here ans resolve this.

I have a 2006 E350 that IS NOT prewired for satellite radio or Bluetooth phone. It DOES have the NAV install, but none of the other COMAND parts - it seems. As I traded in my Acura RL, which had everything, I am a bit disappointed. Not so much with the car itself, but with Mercedes and the availability of parts.

As I test-drove the E350, I asked the salesman if it DID, in fact, sport the integrated satellite radio and Bluetooth phone solution as did my RL does. Hey, I know, I saw the SAT and TELE buttons on the console. But I asked just to make sure. He said, with an emphatic, YES. This car has satellite and Bluetooth phone. As we all know by now, those buttons are there, but that does not mean the car was ordered with that equipment. Who orders a car like that and skimps out on a few last oiptions??

Well, as to the reason I am here. I am desperate. The dealer will install the factory satellite integrated solution, but the parts are simply not available. So they say.

Do these parts sounds right? Some? All?

6-7-83-0089 SDARS POWER SUPPLY
6-7-83-0091 SDARS fibre optic

6-7-83-0058 SDARS SPLITTER
6-7-83-0060 SDARS receiver
6-7-83-0084 SDARS antenna
6-7-83-0069 SDARS install kit

6-7-83-0073 SDARS KIT

I am told we can get everything but the power supply and the fibre optic cable.

WHAT IS THE TRUTH??

What parts do I really need?

What is the availability of these parts?

HELP!!!!!

Oh yeah, as for the phone. I hear its very expensive to retrofit with the original stuff.

What EXACTLY do I need to get to have the FACTORY integrated Bluetooth phone equipment installed? I want it through the stereo and up on the NAV display.

They want to throw me the new Mercedes Bluetooth Portable Hands-Free kit. “BQ 6-8-20-9811”

HELP?!?!?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
You can have the same as factory without all the BS in parts. Read up on our iTronicBT. It COMPLETELY replicates the factory system, but gives you more options for less costs and hassle. Designed from the ground up as a bluetooth phone solution vs. the factory was designed as a phone dependent wired solution with bluetooth as an afterthought.
You can also get SAT with an iTronic SAT.
Since you may be new to the MB arena... we started our whole company doing better things for Mercedes than Mercedes was doing themselves.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E500 & 2000 S430
Funny, I just traded in my 04 RL for an 06 E500as well. I'm in the same boat with the satellite radio. Was comptemplating have the stealer install the sat. I'll do the factory phone install myself - just purchased it as a kit on eBay. I wanted the external antenna and amp vs Bluetooth - but I have the puck if I want to switch. Used this guy for my wife's S500 before- easy as pie.