E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Low fuel pressure no start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Low fuel pressure no start

My 2006 E320 CDI. Quit. Low pressure fuel on the rail. Car has just under 300k. Rebuilt injectors installed at 220k when fixing Black Death. . Went from 40 mpg to DOA. This is what I have done

1. Replaced in tank LP fuel pump. Still working but lines were brittle. Replaced with Bosch. Simple install, les than an hour. Test out to 58 PSI capacity is 20oz in 15 seconds. Sounds good

2. Sent out high pressure fuel pump to be rebuilt. Good reviews

3. replaces all 3 pressure regulator,sensor,

4. Tried both keys. Turns over, will not try to start. Good flow of fuel through the return line.

purchased MBII icarsoft ran the codes and diagnostics and did not see anything out of ordinary Here are my questions
Are the injectors controlled by the main CPU (ECM, PLC etc)?

Can I apply 12 volts DC to the fuel control regulator on the High Press Pump (HPP) to try to make it work?

can I test the injectors electrically?

FYI
every time I unplug a regulator or injector and try to start, I get a code on my dash the corresponds with what I did

i have been troubling shooting industrial equipment for years, and this has just kicked my ***. I drove this almost 200 miles a day between Denver and Colorado Springs and it did its job. I gave it to my sister when it could not pass emissions, and it died. May be it missed me and died from a broken fuel heart.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:14 AM

Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts
2006 E280
Did the scanner show any pressure? Does the glow plugs work?
Old 03-31-2022, 02:28 AM

2006 E320 CDI
No fuel pressure no start

Thanks for the reply. I did not see any pressure on the scan. It gas not run for a year. Also the glow plugs were not the best, but I left for work at 335 am, and always plugged it in when below freezing and it started great
Old 03-31-2022, 01:15 PM

2006 E320 CDI
Low pressure no start

Update on testing. Voltage at both fuel pressure regulator is at 8.5 volt. Pressure sensor on the rail is 4.8 volts. Will test voltage at injectors next