Lowering Links, Damage AirMatic??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
Lowering Links, Damage AirMatic??

I'll try to make this brief but I finally got everything with the car squared away and the new rear AirMatic springs installed. However I ran into a bit of a concern by my mechanic, he stated that the front lowering links would create too much stress upon the sensor or some other part he mentioned that it would end up breaking the sensor or another part if I were to put the car on the lift due to the downward travel on the wheel when weight is taken off of it.

So I called AdvancedPerformance and talked to mike and he explain to me - in technical terms I was having a little trouble following as he was getting very specific about suspension geometry - why it wouldn't affect certain parts, so I called my mechanic back and told him of this but he is still not convinced that the links won't damage the front AirMatic shocks. So the concern is that if the parts were installed, it would damage itself if weight were taken off the wheels.

What do I do? Can anyone explain this to me as my mechanic and the part manufacturer are in disagreement?

Thanks.

Last edited by AMGAffalterbach; 01-25-2013 at 05:01 PM.