E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Transmission After RESET

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E350
Transmission After RESET

hello everyone, I have a w211 e350 MY 2005.
Basically some time ago I felt my car had been shifting 'a little' abruptly, in the 'C' mode, so I decided to test it in the 'S' mode. The S mode was worse, witnessed hard down****s too. Hence I reset the Transmission, by following the procedure listed in this forum. After the reset I have noticed a few changes. All of the following observations are in C mode:
1. Sometimes the shift are smooth, but sometimes they are pretty abrupt. For example the car was shifting abruptly last night when I took my wife out to dinner, but today morning when i was driving to work the car shifted fine.
2. There is a jerk as I am braking to come to a complete stop. I press the brake pedal, the car slows down, and just before coming to a complete hault the jerk occurs. I believe its a jerky downshift as the RPM rises slightly and then drops . (very annoying )
I regret reseting the transmission now.
Questions:
1. Could this all be due to adaptive Transmission 'learning' my driving style after the reset? If so how long does it take to smooth out the shifts?
2. The downshift before braking never occured before the RESET, is there a way to rectify this?
3. Is there a possibility of Glycol Contamination in MY 2005 models?
4. Symptoms of other Tranny issues, like Valve Body?

Thanks In advance.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 W211 E350 AMG Sport PKG
I've had the same problem! I took it in multiple times to the dealer and had them hook it up to the OBD II to run for some codes, but no luck. I've even had my friend (sales @ benz) drive my car and he felt the knock as well. I've also called MBUSA with no luck. They did however, take down the information for future reference. The next step will be to have a service manager sit in the car or even drive my car so they can witness that annoying tranny knock. Best of luck to you.