Notices
E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Flat Hood Badge

 
Old 06-22-2013, 07:13 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
igoalie36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 (E320)
Flat Hood Badge

Hi all,
Been looking at forums for long time but first time poster. I have a E320 W211 which I have recently started to do some modifications on. I am looking to replace the standing hood ornament with a flat badge. I really like the Affalterbach emblem. My question is would it look stupid having that emblem on my non-amg car? Also if I were to have it would people think I am a poser trying to make my car look amg?

Note: I just like the look a lot and I do not want to try to pass my car off as an amg.
igoalie36 is offline  
Old 06-23-2013, 01:16 PM
  #2  
Member
 
otto6457's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lubbock, Tx
Posts: 149
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
One of our members sells some really nice flat badges. His thread is here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ack-stock.html

And don't worry about putting the AMG badge on your car. 99% of the people don't know the difference and the other 1% will understand. Plus, if you like them, go for it.
otto6457 is offline  
Old 06-23-2013, 01:22 PM
  #3  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
igoalie36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 (E320)
Thank you for your reply. I assumed as such but wanted to make sure it was not frowned upon. As far the emblem goes I do like the white star emblems from DFWdude but most likely will go with the affalterbach style hood emblem. Such as the one below.

igoalie36 is offline  
Old 06-23-2013, 01:43 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
The Thomas J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 554
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette
One thing I came o reliaze with the MB was that since the car is sold with the AMG sport package as an option it's ok to have some AMG parts & logos on it.

Coming from BMW where the M is a totally separate model & if anyone puts any type of M badge on a non M it becomes a problem.
The Thomas J is offline  
Old 06-23-2013, 04:35 PM
  #5  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
igoalie36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 (E320)
Yeah, I appreciate it and I'll likely get that badge. Although I would never get the ///amg badge on the trunk. Can't stand when people do that.
igoalie36 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:54 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
rickyfanmdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 420
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
Flat hood badge.

I like the flat hood badge look too. Make your car the way you want it! Welcome to the forum, by the way!
rickyfanmdr is offline  
The following users liked this post:
vincris (05-06-2017)
Old 06-28-2013, 07:10 AM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Frederick
Posts: 622
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2000 ML320, 2005 E320 CDI
Looks like a black car...have you seen the black and silver version of that badge? Might want to check it out.

boardboy330 is offline  
Old 06-29-2013, 01:12 PM
  #8  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
igoalie36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 (E320)
Yeah, I am still undecided on which colour to do. I think I my be leaning to the black and white one though, I agree with you it would look nicer on a black car.
igoalie36 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flat Hood Badge


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: