E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Bogus Tail Light / License Plate Light warning --Rear SAM Module?

Old 09-29-2014, 02:21 AM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
Bogus Tail Light / License Plate Light warning --Rear SAM Module?

Hello!

I have a 2004 E320 Wagon and we've been plagued by an erroneous message that our tail lights are out, as well as the license plate lights. They are working fine. We took it to our local MB mechanic and he said our Rear SAM unit needs to be replaced.

Does this sound correct? And is this a DIY type of problem?

p.s. not sure if it's related, but the fuse for our heated/cooling seats keeps blowing within 1-3 weeks of being replaced. We just gave up on it altogether.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
When your dentist says you have a cavity-----do you run and whine to a forum and ask---gosh I can still chew---does that sound correct---WAFJ

If you don't trust your so called MB mechanic----why not ask the neighbors wife for advice!!

FYI without the diagnostic tools it aint a DIY!!
Old 09-30-2014, 02:15 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
Plutoe--

I've read your responses here on the forum for a few years, and I have always respected the advice you give to forum members. I was even looking forward to you chiming in on this issue since I read a thread about a similar issue where you were helpful.

But your reply is a real let down. It's incredibly rude and unproductive. I've been on this forum for over 10 years and have never had a reply like yours directed at me.

Not that you're interested, but we don't trust our local MB mechanic. We've been given bad advice before, but they're ok for standard services, like oil changes--which is what brought the car in. I wouldn't have posed the question on here unless I felt doubtful about their advice, which I do.

For the record, most posts on this forum qualify as "whining" by your definition.

Last edited by hecdog; 09-30-2014 at 02:17 PM.