MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   Automatic trunk will not close (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/569254-automatic-trunk-will-not-close.html)

Shark59 12-29-2014 08:29 PM

Automatic trunk will not close

The "red" automatic close button and red lock buttonon my trunk lid will not work!
I removed my driver side inside trunk panel and inspected the wires and none were severed.
Any ideas what to do next to fix this problem?:confused:

Tolik412 07-06-2015 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Shark59 (Post 6277589)
The "red" automatic close button and red lock buttonon my trunk lid will not work!
I removed my driver side inside trunk panel and inspected the wires and none were severed.
Any ideas what to do next to fix this problem?:confused:

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem.

cetialpha5 07-07-2015 12:18 AM

It would probably help if you had a few more details. Are the buttons lit? If not, it's probably a break in the wires and you'll have to trace it to find out where, probably somewhere in the hinge, probably wrapped in the bundle.

On the other hand, I'm having this same problem right now. Button is lit, I hear the motor make some noise, but the trunk doesn't move. Same thing with the button on the driver's door, it will pop open an inch or two, but the power opener doesn't work and it doesn't close when pushing down. Might need to hook this up to a star diagnostic machine. Some other threads mention it might need to be normalized or the controller might be bad.

Tolik412 07-08-2015 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by cetialpha5 (Post 6488704)
It would probably help if you had a few more details. Are the buttons lit? If not, it's probably a break in the wires and you'll have to trace it to find out where, probably somewhere in the hinge, probably wrapped in the bundle.

On the other hand, I'm having this same problem right now. Button is lit, I hear the motor make some noise, but the trunk doesn't move. Same thing with the button on the driver's door, it will pop open an inch or two, but the power opener doesn't work and it doesn't close when pushing down. Might need to hook this up to a star diagnostic machine. Some other threads mention it might need to be normalized or the controller might be bad.

It wasn't working and red buttons weren't lighting up. I found some severed wires by the hinge and repaired them. So now the buttons light up but the trunk lid still won't close on by pushing the button.

cmriv 07-08-2015 04:23 PM

normalize that joint!

cetialpha5 07-08-2015 05:09 PM

Couldn't really figure out to normalize it, but the battery had died a few days earlier so I opened and closed the sunroof, held the button for a few seconds after it was open and close, did the same thing to all 4 windows and now the trunk closer opens and closes now with both the buttons in the trunk and the one in the driver's door.