MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   Urgent Help - E350 07 (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/569365-urgent-help-e350-07-a.html)

silentmerc 12-30-2014 06:45 PM

Urgent Help - E350 07

I need some help mechanics are closed for xmas/new years. Basically started the car put it into reserve and car just goes spastic when put into gear major shake and noise from the rear? When i put it in D again same thing only time it doesn't shake or make a huge nose is in park or neutral?

What is this?

silentmerc 12-30-2014 07:21 PM

Car shakes/noise and feels like something is about to fall apart? on the dashboard it came up not activated or something like and went away

emilnat 12-31-2014 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by silentmerc (Post 6278666)
Car shakes/noise and feels like something is about to fall apart? on the dashboard it came up not activated or something like and went away

Could it be the rubber flex joint on the prop shaft going bad?

vettdvr 01-01-2015 10:48 PM

Motor mounts. If you drive it does it smooth out. If so you probably can drive it. I did when mine failed at 80,000 miles.

silentmerc 01-07-2015 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by vettdvr (Post 6280501)
Motor mounts. If you drive it does it smooth out. If so you probably can drive it. I did when mine failed at 80,000 miles.

What happens is

- Start car - normal
- Once you move into gear in that process the whole car shakes/vibrates then lands into gear, in neutral/park it goes into gear fine without any shaking or vibrating.

So once you have it in 'D' and driving the car stays in same gear? just drives on one gear kind of....

silentmerc 01-07-2015 07:18 AM

Error message came on the dashboard but didn't have time to read the message as i was busy seeing what was happening and message went away and never came back, but the car is still the same.

My mechanic is back from holidays on the 19th...anyone know if this is a serious problem?

silentmerc 01-07-2015 10:35 PM

When i drive it is smooth driving but stuck in one gear and going sluggish but no clunk what so ever....i then put it into gears manually and going from 1 2 3 4 gears car feels the same speed doesn't feel like its changing gears?

vettdvr 01-08-2015 09:43 AM

Does the tac show changes in rpm after you change gears while holding cruise speed?

silentmerc 01-09-2015 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by vettdvr (Post 6287857)
Does the tac show changes in rpm after you change gears while holding cruise speed?

Nope, when i drive it in auto the taco moves but it is stuck in one gear no matter how much you accelerate its stuck and doesn't pick up speed. I even tried changing gears manually on the dash it is showing as changing gears but the revs stay on one gear, revs don't go up or down during gear change.

Kind of like froze in one gear and going sluggish in one pace. Any idea?

silentmerc 01-09-2015 01:55 AM

Probably gearbox is dead right? cars only done 110000 km, if it's done a gearbox at this km what a disaster of a car Mercedes is.

vettdvr 01-11-2015 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by silentmerc (Post 6288891)
Probably gearbox is dead right? cars only done 110000 km, if it's done a gearbox at this km what a disaster of a car Mercedes is.

You are probably right on both counts.

dhuddleson 01-12-2015 03:40 PM

These are electronically controlled transmissions, and the "limp home" feature will try to protect against disastrous failure, so I very much doubt you have a massive expense like a complete transmission. You need to have a competent mechanic with correct diagnostic equipment (Mercedes capable) to fully diagnose. This could be as simple as incorrect (low) fluid level, a stuck solenoid or perhaps the Electrical Conductor Plate. Still could be a few hundred dollars to fix, but compare to thousands for a transmission.

Get a proper diagnosis on it!

silentmerc 01-19-2015 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by dhuddleson (Post 6292540)
These are electronically controlled transmissions, and the "limp home" feature will try to protect against disastrous failure, so I very much doubt you have a massive expense like a complete transmission. You need to have a competent mechanic with correct diagnostic equipment (Mercedes capable) to fully diagnose. This could be as simple as incorrect (low) fluid level, a stuck solenoid or perhaps the Electrical Conductor Plate. Still could be a few hundred dollars to fix, but compare to thousands for a transmission.

Get a proper diagnosis on it!

It's at the workshop now, the mechanic said car is in limp mode and he won't know what is wrong until diagnostics. He said these cars have the transmission computer or whatever it is inside the actual gearbox and when the oil heats up it causes these problems.

I will probably know what the exact problem is tommorow.. he said anywhere between couple hundred dollars to $2000

VirginiaF1 01-19-2015 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by silentmerc (Post 6278618)
I need some help mechanics are closed for xmas/new years. Basically started the car put it into reserve and car just goes spastic when put into gear major shake and noise from the rear? When i put it in D again same thing only time it doesn't shake or make a huge nose is in park or neutral?

What is this?

G'Day..
Sorry for your issues but glad your mech has returned to duty.
When you bought your car in July '14:
1. What was the trans fluid maintenance history from the previous owner?
2. What was the current mileage at that time? (now having about 66,000 miles (110,000kms)
3. And to clarify, is it a 2006 (as your 07/2014 post indicated) or a 2007 E350 ?
Wishing good news for ya.. :)
Cheers, mikey

silentmerc 01-24-2015 05:37 AM

Ok so i have an update. Spoken briefly with the mechanic and he mentioned a few things wrong with it.

stuck solenoid or perhaps the Electrical Conductor Plate <--- this is what is causing the problem along with other things which will be explained once i go to him.

It was time for a major service which i will be doing brake fluids,coolant,oil change,spark plugs,air con filter? or whatever it is, exhaust clip or support bracket is broken so will be fixing it. A few other things are getting changed which i forgot when he mentioned it will know when i go to collect the car.

Total cost $2k

Car is dec 06, registered march 07.