MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   P0743, P0730 2005 E55 AMG HELP! (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/580579-p0743-p0730-2005-e55-amg-help.html)

bcurtis 04-04-2015 05:21 PM

P0743, P0730 2005 E55 AMG HELP!

I had transmission issues a few months ago and needed to change the conductor plate. This solved my issues until yesterday. Now I have different symptoms than I did before. Now I am getting codes P0743 (failed torque converter clutch solenoid), and P0730 (failed tranny solenoid). The car will not shift from 2nd gear. When at 35-40 mph in comfort mode the rpms are around 3000+. I doubt the oil is low or dirty since I just had that done when the conductor plate was changed. The mechanic said no metal shavings were found when he changed out the conductor plate so I doubt there are any internal issues with the tranny.

3 months ago the car wouldn't move at all and I heard a loud whine when revving up the motor (changing the conductor plate fixed this).

Now I can't shift out of 2nd but the car will still move, just not fast.

It has to be either the TCC solenoid or the transmission solenoid. Are these cheap or expensive parts and easy or difficult to fix? Please advise.

Plutoe 04-04-2015 06:11 PM

The conductor plate is much like a mother board and the solenoids are the devices that make the transmission shift-----------like you say you changed the conductor plate--now you say you have solenoid problems------if that is the case you have know which ones are causing the problem and change them, they cost about 50 bucks each.

Then after the installation they have to be adapted to your transmission with the aid of DAS Xentry or equal

bcurtis 04-04-2015 06:18 PM

interesting

Not sure how to figure out which one is causing the issue but since they are both inexpensive changing them both might be cheaper than getting a diagnosis done. Do you know where these two solenoids (tcc clutch ,transmission) are located?

konigstiger 04-05-2015 01:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If using OBD2, P0730 is generic before pulling conductor plate revisit pilot bushing for peace of mind
P0743 is y3/6y6. Only way to definitively diagnose/identify malfunctioning solenoid is to use MB DAS if steadfast on guessing replace y3/6y1 through 6.

E55Greasemonkey 04-05-2015 11:26 PM

How many miles on the car? Have you checked the TCU for fluid intrusion?

bcurtis 04-06-2015 12:45 PM

E55Greasemonkey: I only have 79k miles. I haven't checked the TCU and can't remember if the mechanic who changed the conductor plate checked the TCU. Would it be easy for me to check this (I don't know too much about cars but I can try)?

E55Greasemonkey 04-06-2015 05:46 PM

The TCU is located under the passenger footwell, inside the car. Pull the carpet back, look for a large metal panel, remove the 3 black plastic 10mm screws, fold the panel down. The TCU is bolted there, you can unplug the connectors and check for fluid on them. 79k miles is unusual for transmission problems. However it sounds like your front pump is bad. Make sure the fluid level is correct, before all else. You'll need a special factory tool/dipstick to do this. The level should be halfway between the marks, idling in park, at room temperature.

sam koek 05-15-2019 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by bcurtis (Post 6390308)
E55Greasemonkey: I only have 79k miles. I haven't checked the TCU and can't remember if the mechanic who changed the conductor plate checked the TCU. Would it be easy for me to check this (I don't know too much about cars but I can try)?

Hi mate, my e55 have exactly same problem like your , P0743. After replaced Conductor plate, new connector, new fluid and the car still wont shift gear from 1. Tell me how you solve your problem? Plesse.

sam koek 06-12-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey (Post 6390638)
The TCU is located under the passenger footwell, inside the car. Pull the carpet back, look for a large metal panel, remove the 3 black plastic 10mm screws, fold the panel down. The TCU is bolted there, you can unplug the connectors and check for fluid on them. 79k miles is unusual for transmission problems. However it sounds like your front pump is bad. Make sure the fluid level is correct, before all else. You'll need a special factory tool/dipstick to do this. The level should be halfway between the marks, idling in park, at room temperature.

Hi mate, did u fix the P0743 problem? Pls share

sunnybenz45 10-30-2019 09:39 PM

Try this...

It's your TCC soliniod. Replace everything while your at it. All 6 solinoids, get the blue top pressure solinoids for a firmer shift, there not that much, conductor plate, plug, drain bolt, gasket for drain bolt and pan. Also change your diff oil too. I used liqui moly oil for everything, but i believe Mercedes uses pentosin atf. You can get all the parts on fcperuo.com, lifetime warranty. If that doesn't fix your problem change the upstream oxygen sensors those may not even throw a code and cause simular symptoms.

sam koek 10-30-2019 11:37 PM

Thx Sunnybenz45, I already solved the problem, my car problem is the transmission module, I bought a second module from 2005 CLS55's from ebay and plug into my E55 . Plug and play.
All good now bro. Thx for your replied.