E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Lowered & Styling - Wagon Owners pls Help

Old 06-28-2015, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 Avantgarde Wagon
Lowered & Styling - Wagon Owners pls Help

So I am progressing with my W211 / T211 Wagon Build thread but one of the things that's holding me back is finding parts for this vehicle and there's not much information that I could find online.

So my first question to everyone would be about lowering and my second question to Wagon owners is about styling.

I've so far lowered the car on links, fitted the E63 bumper and face lift headlights etc etc.

The E500 is an 04 model so it isn't new. Were the shocks changed in the past I don't know but a day after fitting them, the rear left shock started leaking oil. I dont know if it's because I played with the lift airmatic a lot to test out fitment or not. Anyway. A new shock ordered and fitted and while it arrived today, I went to fit it and found out the left rear one too started leaking so will also need replacing.

Perhaps because they're 11 years old this happened. Perhaps it's purely related to the links? I doubt that but am sure it had an impact. My question is this, will the new Bilstein OEM shocks hold out at least for 18 months or so or will being lowered likely to make them go again within months of getting them fitted because they're not cheap? Do shocks need to be replaced frequently on these lowered wagons or was it just a big coincidence?

I am running on HREs 20 x 9 and 20 x 10 but these were only just fitted and the link came on the last set I had on which were 19 x 8.5 / 9.5 and very close to OEM offsets so don't see that is what caused the leak.

Now sorry for the long explanation but the last thing I want to do is fit 2 new rear shocks at around 1000$ to only have them go again in a matter of months.

Regarding styling to the wagon owners out there, please let me know any resources you have? I am really struggling to find a rear diffuser and smoked tail lights. I think here the most likely outcome will be fitted facelift smoked LEDs and either play around with the wiring or fitting a new SAM module? Has anyone here done this and if so, can you advise of the best way to fit 07 to 09 lights on an 04 w211 without getting the wiring codes? Seems the SAM module is a plug and play without complications but the more expensive option. Fitting resistors is the cheaper but more complicated method?

Are there any unique roof spoilers out there without going OTT.

Appreciate any help with the current main focus on shocks.

Thanks everyone
Attached Thumbnails Lowered & Styling - Wagon Owners pls Help-20150628_115135_resized.jpg   Lowered & Styling - Wagon Owners pls Help-20150628_115338_resized.jpg   Lowered & Styling - Wagon Owners pls Help-20150628_115240_resized.jpg   Lowered & Styling - Wagon Owners pls Help-20150628_115145_resized.jpg   Lowered & Styling - Wagon Owners pls Help-20150628_115058_resized.jpg