E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

can i clean the fuel distributor rail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211
can i clean the fuel distributor rail

i still have uneven idle,and i have changed the injectors,and i have tryed without the serpentine belt,and the uneven idle is still there.
when the car is warm, the idle is ok.

so i think that it can be the fuel distributor rail,that is somekind of glogged??
the car has now 445,000km..

have anybody cleaned it??,is it possible?
the part has nr:a 646 070 03 95

Last edited by larsianer; 04-11-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
This sounds like something that bozo benz would recommend, however prior to following through on your idea------reread your post--I'll help you--when engine is cold=uneven idle, when engine is warm=idle is smooth----now how do you come to the conclusion that the fuel rail is glogged when cold, but unglogged when warm!!

Please help me understand as I have missed your point!!

PS: There are tons of European aftermarket suppliers selling all sorts of fuel delivery system cleaners---have you looked at any of them!!
Old 04-12-2016, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211
yea, i think i have been totaly thinking wrong, i have changed the inntake manifoild, and the injectors,and all the sensors on engine.and all the gasket on the intercooler system.so i am thinking that i should try clean the egr valve again,could be that parts, that is making the idle be weird..
i happens in the gear N,so its not the gearbox or the converter, i have also tryed without the serpentine belt, and the idle is the same..

what you think about the egr, could it be that part that is making the boog??..i have tryed with star, but no codes, and i have tryed with 2 other scanners,no code.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
I forget whether your engine has a pressure transducers that regulate the EGR, but if it does you may want to follow the small air intake line to the end, at the end there should be a small filter---is it clean and make sure that you have a good coolant temp sensor.

However I would agree with your EGR idea!!