E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

04 e320 weird starting noise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mercedes Benz E320
04 e320 weird starting noise?

Been a hell ride since I've gotten this 2004 Mercedes E320. SBC Pump replaced once, battery replaced twice, roof controls draining battery, srs light, check engine light. All within a year and a half. But most importantly, my driveway is a bit of a hill. I had it parked on the slope since I was planning on going somewhere. When I put the car in reverse, there was a loud clunk, but drove fine after that. 2 hours after that, in a parking lot. I plan to leave and decide to let someone else drive. So I go into the passenger seat through the driver seat for some odd reason and go to start the car. It sounds like the car is turning over and starts. But none of the gauges are working. And then there was an air siren like noise that got louder and louder until it seemed to not get any louder. So I turned it off. Through a series of locking and unlocking the car with my key remote (I originally got into the driver's door with the manual key) and trying to start the car, the same thing was occurring. So I decide to go to the driver's seat and press on the brake and start the car, the same thing happens. I open the hood and try to start the car again, and it started fine. Now there is a check engine light on my dash. No idea what is going on. I drove home fine.