Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Buick Lacrosse
First MB Ownership - 06 E500

Mercedes E-500

WDBUF70J76A852882

I’ve been always looking into a MB, but couldn’t find one I would be happy with. I liked the size of the E class, and wanted a V8 MB, but didn’t wanna swallow crazy out of warranty repair costs of an S class or CLS or an AMG variant. I had no idea the e-500 existed to be honest, a V8 version of the E-class sounds perfect to me.

I accidentally stumbled on one - the only one in the area that seems pretty nice, but would like some brief input from more experienced owners.

The only issue is the power steering pump and rack went on it. These parts are replaced when I purchase it. This creates a slight whine in the engine but should go away with the new parts.

Aside from this, I can’t find a single thing wrong with it. Am I crazy to consider this vehicle? All replacement parts are no more than my current 2010 Buick Lacrosse I will be replacing.

I don’t mind maintenance, and I can DIY most of my repairs. The cost of parts is very low compared to my expectations.

I can’t access a Car fax away from the dealer, but the VIN is below if anyone wants to take a look.

WDBUF70J76A852882
              Old 08-10-2017, 11:31 AM

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
              14 550 sedan
              Crazy to consider this vehicle? Nah. Enjoy it, it's a nice vehicle. There's plenty of information on this forum about things to look out for like the SBC brakes and airmatic eventually giving out. If you are a DIY person, maintenance is really not bad at all. Welcome aboard man.
              Old 08-10-2017, 12:05 PM
              Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
              bone stock E55 AMG
              maintenance cost on 500 vs 55 isn't much different...
              Old 08-10-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
              2007 E350, sport & P1
              Unfortunately the entry cost is trivial when compared to the feeding and caring of this car.
              And I owned a E350, not a E500.
              You have to realize you are not buying a $10,000 car, it's a $55-65K car, and the ongoing costs as the car gets older are high.
              Good luck.
              Dave