E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Intermittent Blower

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 ford f150 xlt, '08 ford focus ses coupe, '08 bmw 335xi, '15 ford f150 fx4 ecoboost
Intermittent Blower

❄Hi all, i have an issue that has started once the temps started dropping. I did not have an issue this summer. My problem is that my blower motor works intermittently. If I come out to my car ('04 E500 with 4 zone ATC) after sitting over night, my car will start and the blower will come on after the engine has reached temp or at least a temp that will produce heat inside the cabin. But every restart after that no heat. the HVAC display shows a command for full fan but nothing. shutting the system off/ switching to manual/ restarting the car has no effect. Maybe if Im lucky it'll kick on some time down the road, but I've had a hour rive with nothing. Thank goodness for heated seats and moderate temperatures up to this point. But now that we have freezing temperatures it'd be unsafe to try and drive without a blower working to defrost the windshield....

❄has anyone run into this issue before? id like to have a place to start with my diagnosis and im leaning toward the control module/resistor as there seems to be something to do with heat cycles.

❄Ive commanded the blower on high and spun it up by hand thinking there may have been a bad brush or winding but still nothing.

❄Oh the weather outside is frightful, but powerslides are so delightful❄
❄Driving in a winter wonderland❄
Old 12-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 ford f150 xlt, '08 ford focus ses coupe, '08 bmw 335xi, '15 ford f150 fx4 ecoboost
Also what is this. I pulled down the lower dash pad and found this white tube with a string hanging out. It seems to have a spring and some dampening effect when you pull on but i cannot see where this would connect to.

Last edited by gtferrari; 12-12-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto

Originally Posted by gtferrari
My problem is that my blower motor works intermittently.

Place to start would be blower regulator shop either # in capture used, no longer available new. Damper attaches to glove compartment lid for soft open.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Glove compartment lid.pdf (80.9 KB, 220 views)