E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

08 W211 E300 Brake System Replacement Help

Old 05-05-2018, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E300 Sedan
08 W211 E300 Brake System Replacement Help

Hello all,

I'm planning to change my brake rotors and pads and I have no prior experience in this at all and I was hoping someone here could point me to the right direction. I'm looking to buy the parts and have my mechanic install them but I need to make sure I have the right parts. So here are my questions:
  1. How many wear sensors do I need? People on different forums are saying 2, some say 3 one mechanic who gave me a quote was charging for 4 sensors.
  2. Do I need vented or solid rotors for the rear axle? I know my front is vented but the rear looks like solid but I can't really tell. Or does it even matter if I get either one?
  3. Do I have single or double piston calipers? (this was a question I was asked when checking for parts)
  4. Also, I'm considering to buy a Max Advanced Brakes kit which seems reasonably priced. Do you think they'll be a good match? Or anyone had any experience with them?
I have read the user manual for my car and have spent many hours online trying to figure these out with no luck. I have attached some pictures hoping they'll help. One more question, based on the pictures, do you think I need to change my calipers too?
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-24-2019, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 ML500
Nearly a year ago and no replies? UGH!! Did you eventually go with the Max Advanced Brakes? If so, how do you like them? My brake sensor warning light just started lighting up today in my 2003 ML500, and so I need to get at least the front brakes done (I've known about that for a few months now. But, this is the first time the lights have come on).

There's sure a big difference in pricing between the Max Advanced and the Bosch parts the MB shop wants to put on!!

Robert