E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

brake problems. Recall on MB cars??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
brake problems. Recall on MB cars??

Has anyone heard anything about a huge number of recall on the mercedes S, E, and C class due to problems w/ their brake system??
My brake has been making funny noises the past 2 days.... I called the dealer and they totally deny any recall on any cars.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
use the search button, and you will find everything you need. GL
Old 06-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,447 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
A call into MBUSA to see if my VIN was included in their list for the recall rendered: (MBUSA) "There is absolutely no problem with the SBC here in the U.S., in fact Mercedes is demanding an apology from all publications (i.e.: WSJ) that ran this story. There is no list available to reference." - So how about the letters that are being sent out to owners? (MBUSA) Yes we are sending letters to those who we think may be involved. You'll have to simply wait to receive one if you’re on the list." - But you said there wasn't a list. In the words of a Mr. Ralph Kramden: “Shaddap!, Get Out! , You...are a mental case!"

Ask your dealership to perform an inspection for the "alleged" recall. I did, and 'they' did free of charge. No problems found and best of all, it’s documented in writing to visit in the future if need be.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 CDI Elegance auto
Hi

I mentioned the recall to the service guy here and he acknowledged that there was a problem But he did not say if my car was affected. I must check.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
I took mine in for service today and mentioned the SBC Recall. Service Advisor said he had heard something about it and would check it out and do whatever is necessary.

I won't know the outcome until he calls me tomorrow to pick up the car. I had some other things for him to check and take care of. Included the Oil Sensor seeping oil (told about this on earlier visit, replace the Bellypan which after the last service came loose on the way home and Road Service came and put some screws in it to hold it up, still pulling to the right, drivers seat leather is rippled on one panel. Small stuff but I want it right.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:16 PM

only amg
brake recall update

cars currently being released from ports of entry into the u.s are being updated at the vpc (vehicle processing center,) all others that this recall apply to will be updated at the dealer, only a small number of cars will be affected by this recall in the u.s this kind of sums up the netstar message that was recieved in tech data, will provide more data as it becomes available
Old 06-09-2004, 10:27 PM

06 C 350 2014 GLK350
I don't believe anything they say on the subject. When I picked up my CDI car at the factory the technician when questioned said they had only "One Incident." I said that someone is not telling the truth. There may not have been any failures in the US but a number of reports in Germany indicated over a thousand failures apparently all on taxis. Some apparently resulted in crashes. We deserve an honest and complete answer. An official statement would certainly be in order.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
They flashed out my ECU modification!!!

I talked to 2 service advisor at 2 different dealers(one near my work, one where I bought my car). Both said they know nothing about any SBC recall. But, I still took it in for service today, since my car brake did make squeeking noise the past 2 days. I also had them checked out why the car jerks when going into a stop or driving from a complete stop.
After a whole day of working on it. I got my car back. The guy told me 1st. they saw some hot spots on the rotors and decide to replaced the front brake pads and see what happens. I haven't heard anything driving home today(maybe because I had the music on too loud). 2nd. They re"adjust" some the computer software so the JERKING should be fixed. I noticed they did "ADJUST IT" they flashed my ECU chip mod!! I can tell it's not as quick.. less power and responsive. shoot!!! I have to take it in to the tuner to get it chipped again.. k. that's the complete story. keep me update on what you guys find out from the dealer about the recall.

Last edited by yxc145; 06-09-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Got my car back today. I asked the Service Advisor about the brake recall and he said it was an update they performed on my '03 E320 (May '03 build/purchased in Sep'03.) They performed DTB P-B-42.46.32A which from reading the invoice it included two Return Line and 1 Brake Hose. 3.3 hours of labor.

I think this is an earlier update and not related to the mystery recall being discussed here.

He said he was not familiar with any recall at this point in time. Will just have to wait and see if I receive a letter from MBUSA.

On another note, why does it now take MB so long to perform service. I had some other minor stuff looked at and they replaced the oil sensor plug (1.0 labor) and they had the car 3 days! I have owned MB's since 1977 and whenever I had services taken care of (major or minor) I never exceeded one day in most instances.