E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Bi Xenon Question (pictures)

Old 12-02-2018, 12:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lexus IS
Bi Xenon Question (pictures)

I recently picked up a 2009 e350 4matic with P1 & P2 package which has the oem Bi Xenon option. Not my first car with bi Xenon headlights but this is the first car where when I enable my high beams not only so do i get the motor to raise the low beam become high but I also have the smaller eye headlight, light up white (h7 bulb i believe).

So what gives? Im so confused. I tested this out in front of a window at my house and noticed it. As soon as I flash my high beams, again I see both the low beam module motor raise the bulb up a bit to essentially make everything brighter, but i also have the smaller headlight next to it light up like a basic white halogen. I know there are two bulbs in the smaller headlight. When my cars running without the high beams on, those smaller inner lights are xenon and match my low beams.

Someone help! Click HERE for detailed images of my concern.

Last edited by isosunrise91; 12-02-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,146 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Not sure exactly what you have going on, but it might be as designed. The high beams use a shutter which takes time to move. When you do flash to pass, it takes too long for the shutters to move to high beams which is why you have high beam halogens. Whether someone else replaced those halogens with something else, I can't really tell you based on the pictures. Oh if you're driving in a parking lot, you can crank the wheel from one end to the other and you can see the beams swivel from side to side. They don't move at all when the car is parked.