E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Which device to read out SAM moduless ? recommend any Launch, iCarsoft, Autocom ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s211
Which device to read out SAM moduless ? recommend any Launch, iCarsoft, Autocom ??

hi guys,

my 220cdi troubles with any electronics. no glow indication light, not cranking (igniton swich tested, ok) somtime if failure happen the engine vent blow at high rpm
in 9 from 10 case failure, 1oth time it starts as nothing has been

engine control unit has been at an repair shop, they tell - no mistake

i´m going on to try, its possible, go into the ECU to read out error codes if failure happen. if so ( and can went into the ecu to read out logs) thats again confirmation, engine ECU has no trouble

but if done that - and i await its possible to read out ECU - wahts next step ???
i just own simple Launch OBD reader. can you guys recommend any other device ? i dont want spent time to "learn" SD....

wellcome any help !

Tom
Old 12-10-2018, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 e500
I personally use maxiecu. you buy the software($50) then the module($25) and the mpm-com reader($100). It does the job and can read about 40+ of the different modules in my car and can reset them all. I chose this over others because if I have another brand of car i can just buy the module for $25) and keep going. It does not do SCN coding, only STAR can do that from what i've read