E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2005 e320 no spark

Old 01-11-2019, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
2005 e320 crank no start

So I went out for break yesterday to start the car. The car started for a moment the sputtered and died. Wouldnt start back up. Only turned over. Fuel pump comes on and theres fuel pressure. Hit it with either and still no start not even a pop. Pulled crank sensor and tested. Tested good. For ****s and giggles I went a got a new one and installed it. Still no fire. I tested that sensor and it too ohmed out at over 1000. I did not actually bolt the sensor back on when I tried to start it I just connected the plug and it was firmly seated in the hole. Pulled the coil fuse and it too is good. I scanned for codes and got the crank sensor code. I went and picked up a Bosch crank sensor and still nothing. Do I need to actually bolt the sensor in or can I just seat in in there to see if it will fire and bolt it down after? Do you guys have any thoughts? She was running awesome before this happened.

Last edited by Pennywise1975; 02-20-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 e350 wagon
2007 e350 wagon

Originally Posted by Pennywise1975
So I went out for break yesterday to start the car. The car started for a moment the sputtered and died. Wouldnt start back up. Only turned over. Fuel pump comes on and theres fuel pressure. Hit it with either and still no start not even a pop. Pulled crank sensor and tested. Tested good. For ****s and giggles I went a got a new one and installed it. Still no fire. I tested that sensor and it too ohmed out at over 1000. I did not actually bolt the sensor back on when I tried to start it I just connected the plug and it was firmly seated in the hole. Pulled the coil fuse and it too is good. I scanned for codes and got the crank sensor code. I went and picked up a Bosch crank sensor and still nothing. Do I need to actually bolt the sensor in or can I just seat in in there to see if it will fire and bolt it down after? Do you guys have any thoughts? She was running awesome before this happened.
I have the same problem. I have fuel but no spark, ignition fuse is good and I have put new crankshaft sensor. Car doesn'thave any codes.
Did you solve the problem? Thank you
Old 01-14-2019, 08:09 AM

E320
Originally Posted by Monty350
I have the same problem. I have fuel but no spark, ignition fuse is good and I have put new crankshaft sensor. Car doesn'thave any codes.
Did you solve the problem? Thank you
nope. Not yet. I’m getting it towed to an Indy today and they hopefully will not drop a huge bill on me. I’ll report back what they say.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:36 AM

2007 e350 wagon

nope. Not yet. I’m getting it towed to an Indy today and they hopefully will not drop a huge bill on me. I’ll report back what they say.
I'll be waiting for your reply.
thank you
Old 01-14-2019, 05:24 PM

E320
I'll be waiting for your reply.
thank you
Well had it towed. The tech said that everything checked out but that the gas looked like water. Hmmm now my ex is divorcing her current husband and he’s never liked me for some reason. That’s the only think i can think of lol. So I’m gonna have them drain the tank($350.00) and see if that will work. If that doesn’t then they’ll swap out the plugs($650.00) and then hopefully we’ll be good to go.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:44 PM

2007 e350 wagon

Well had it towed. The tech said that everything checked out but that the gas looked like water. Hmmm now my ex is divorcing her current husband and he’s never liked me for some reason. That’s the only think i can think of lol. So I’m gonna have them drain the tank($350.00) and see if that will work. If that doesn’t then they’ll swap out the plugs($650.00) and then hopefully we’ll be good to go.
Hmm... that's odd. I can't work on my car until the weekend, because I'm in Oklahoma and my car is in Houston lol. Anyway update me if anything happens or if its fixed.
Thank you
Old 01-16-2019, 10:02 AM

2007 e350 wagon

Hi, did they fix it. Update me please. Thank you
Old 01-16-2019, 02:56 PM

E320
Hi, did they fix it. Update me please. Thank you
yup. Drained the tank and she fired right up. They told me that there was about 2 inches of water in the bottom of the tank...
Old 01-16-2019, 03:04 PM

2007 e350 wagon

yup. Drained the tank and she fired right up. They told me that there was about 2 inches of water in the bottom of the tank...
that's strange because you tried to spray either and it didn't start!!
Old 01-16-2019, 03:25 PM

E320
that's strange because you tried to spray either and it didn't start!!
i know right? Truth be told, I didn’t spray a bunch of it in there because I didn’t want to possibly screw up the MAF. Some cars are really sensitive to that and I didn’t want to create another problem. I just wanted to see if it would bump and it didn’t. because it was basically pumping water through the system.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:31 PM

2007 e350 wagon

i know right? Truth be told, I didn’t spray a bunch of it in there because I didn’t want to possibly screw up the MAF. Some cars are really sensitive to that and I didn’t want to create another problem. I just wanted to see if it would bump and it didn’t. because it was basically pumping water through the system.
I had a bad news my engine is gone, the piston is broken in pieces lol
Old 01-22-2019, 10:42 PM

E320
I had a bad news my engine is gone, the piston is broken in pieces lol
ugh super lame! Well my car no started again at work so I had it towed home. The tech told me that the plug were in really bad shape(127xxx Miles factory plugs) so I ordered a set and the plug boot tool after picked it up from the shop. Got the old plugs out and I was surprised it even ran at all. That special plug boot tool is a must have!! Had all the coil packs and plugs out in less than an hour at a chill pace.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:37 PM

E320
Ok so here’s the sitch. After trying to make it until my plugs came in the mail, the car no started again at my work. I had it towed to my house where I replaced the plugs in my heated garage and finally got it started by holding the gas peddle to the floor because it still most definitely did not want to start on its own. Well sufficed to say it did start albeit it ran extremely rough and was misfiring all over the place. I did get it to idle but like I said, it was running very rough. It was throwing codes for misfires. I shut it down and waited for a few minutes then tried again and boom, smooth start up and idle. YES so I thought and drove it for a few weeks and it was running pretty well I though until Friday....just like before. Came out from work, it started, ran for about 30 seconds and then died and wouldn’t start no matter what I did. I returned the next day after picked up a new scanner and no codes. I tried to start it with the peddle to the floor and it fired for about 5 seconds before dying again and not firing again. I tested the fuel pressure at the rail and it’s got plenty of cranking pressure. It’s just not firing. I’m at a total loss. I’m at the end of my mechanical rope. Any thoughts? Thinking about getting it towed home and trying to get it going in my heated garage again but I’m also on the fence about getting it towed to the same shop that charged me 400 to drain the tank and 650 to do the plugs just to get it diagnosed again