E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Has anyone installed this faceplate+bracket , new stereo options.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 07:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G550-2015, ML350 - 2012, e350 wagon 2007
Has anyone installed this faceplate+bracket , new stereo options.

I am looking to bring my stereo into the new decade on my 07 e350 wagon. I am looking to get this faceplate and bracket replacement kit as well as an appropriate head unit to work with it all. Has anyone used this kit before and what head unit were you able to get that worked with the existing controls?

https://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_RMK7_W211.html
Old 01-31-2019, 12:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E500 4Matic Wagon Avantgarde
I'm considering aftermarket stereo options for the future. That dash kit you linked seems to be the only one available right now, and I'm not the biggest fan of it. But if I have to buy it when it comes time, I will.

I'd much prefer the one from this YouTube screenshot I took (pictured below). I think it's the best one I've seen, also the most natural looking as well. I can't seem to find any information on it at all.

Dash kit from YouTube video screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/NqqVmOK.png
The following users liked this post:
azpaquin (04-14-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 10:15 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
'07 E350 (W211)
If you haven't considered it already, you should do a search for Android Headunit W211 and you'll see quite a few options that are much nicer looking than that trim kit. This is the unit I went with, but there are others out there, some with no physical buttons and just a large widescreen.
https://www.belsee.com/belsee-best-a...head-unit.html
azpaquin (04-14-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 08:19 PM

Received 176 Likes on 107 Posts
2016 E350 Sport; Mom Wrecked the 2008 E350; sold the 2002 C320
If you're going with a standard double-din head unit, the dash kit you referenced is what's called the Euro style which is leaps and bounds better than the ones you typically find at stereo shops or online such as this one:
Metra Dash Kit Metra Dash Kit
I have tried both and much prefer the style you're looking at - much better quality than the Metra style that has a thin, square bezel with weak clips that break and then starts flopping around.
I don't know where you're sourcing yours but when I was looking for it, I had to order mine from Europe.

For the head unit, I went with the Kenwood DNX9990HD which was the new thing at the time. Although it's dated already, it still works great and I would go with a new Kenwood if I had to do it over. I know there are much better options nowadays but for me, the Garmin Navigation with maps for US, Canada and Mexico are a winner. If you have the Harmon Kardon sound system and you're not opting for one of the Android units, you'll need an Opti-1 (I think it's also called the NAV-TV) module. Check out my write-up here: Head Unit Upgrade.
Hope this helps and good luck with your upgrade - which ever way you go, I'm sure you'll be very pleased you did.

Last edited by EuroDriverSD; 01-31-2019 at 08:32 PM.
azpaquin (04-14-2019)