E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Can I upgrade alloys on pre-spec car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I upgrade alloys on pre-spec car?

I pick up my new E320CDI a/garde on 4th September. It is pre-specified and should come with the five spoke alloys. I would quite like the twin 5 spoke alloys. DO you think the dealer will change them on a pre-spec car? though of course at a cost! Not sure whether Many UK dealers keep spare alloys in stock.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by latent
I pick up my new E320CDI a/garde on 4th September. It is pre-specified and should come with the five spoke alloys. I would quite like the twin 5 spoke alloys. DO you think the dealer will change them on a pre-spec car? though of course at a cost! Not sure whether Many UK dealers keep spare alloys in stock.
they probably will, but truly, i would rather go to a rim/tire shop, and get new rims from there, because they will be much cheaper, and you will get to keep your old rims, and then you can sell them. i believe some shops can even get MB rims, not to sure in the UK though, GL with it, congrats on your new car!!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If its already biult then you can't change it at the factory.

But since you haven't paid for the car yet you are still in a good negotiation position. I would just pay upgrade price for twin spokes but you might get discount. If you don't need a tyre change then go for it. I have the 5 spoke and personally i think they look better than twin-spoke and are easier to clean...i would go for 17" myself on the 5 spokes....but its personal pref.

Unless you like the twin spokes a lot you may want to upgrade to the designer ones later...Brabus, lorinser etc.........If you can get a good deal go for it....otherwise stick with OEMs.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
US dealers will swap them off another car new in stock and add the price he would have charged you had he ordered them on the car from the factory (not the parts department price). They wont take a set of AMG wheels off an E55 to swap, but they will from a car that might have been equipped with your wheels. The next guy might not care about fancy wheels & appreciate the savings off his sticker. If he wants that car with the twin spoke wheels, the dealer will swap them off another car on hand for HIM.