MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   Navi DVD vers. 4.0 for W211 available now (EU) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/82367-navi-dvd-vers-4-0-w211-available-now-eu.html)

Oslo 09-15-2004 05:21 PM

Navi DVD vers. 4.0 for W211 available now (EU)

Navi DVD vers. 4.0 for W211 and W220 should be available now. At least here in Norway....

bmms8 09-15-2004 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Oslo
Navi DVD vers. 4.0 for W211 and W220 should be available now. At least here in Norway....

hey oslo, have ou tried it, if so, did ou notice a major difference? thanks in advance

Oslo 09-15-2004 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by bmms8
hey oslo, have ou tried it, if so, did ou notice a major difference? thanks in advance

Not yet, will get it tomorrow. Will report back.

user 708290782 09-16-2004 05:18 AM

Please let us know if it works with TMC? Is TMC data broadcast in Norway?

Oslo 09-16-2004 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Daisy

I don't know which version of TMC you use in UK. This version have TMC 2.5, but around Christmas, there should be a version with TMC 3.0.

glojo 09-16-2004 08:31 AM

Is this the latest updated map software?? If so surely it is replacing a DVD that was only released in March of this year????

How many upgrades per year??? and most important how much will this version cost???

Bye for now,
John
Cloudy and overcast Torquay

Oslo 09-16-2004 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by glojo
Is this the latest updated map software?? If so surely it is replacing a DVD that was only released in March of this year????

How many upgrades per year??? and most important how much will this version cost???

Bye for now,
John
Cloudy and overcast Torquay

Here is the part #: 2118276759

According to my sources, it contains updated maps. Not sure if it's other things that will be updated as it was in ver. 3.0. They didn't have it in stock over here, but I will probably get it next week. I think the prise is EUR 400-450 (if you must pay for it....).

glojo 09-16-2004 04:35 PM

Here is the part #: 2118276759

According to my sources, it contains updated maps. Not sure if it's other things that will be updated as it was in ver. 3.0. They didn't have it in stock over here, but I will probably get it next week. I think the prise is EUR 400-450 (if you must pay for it....).

:y Thanks very much, I will make some enquiries.

Regards,
John

user 708290782 09-17-2004 04:08 AM

:y Thanks very much, I will make some enquiries.

Let us know what you find out as my dealership is useless for providing information on the Nav DVD and on TMC capability/availability.

glojo 09-17-2004 04:27 AM

Let us know what you find out as my dealership is useless for providing information on the Nav DVD and on TMC capability/availability.

Hi Daisy,
Are you sitting comfortably :) :)

The stores department have not got any in stock, nor are there any available in Germany yet. (I suppose this confirms what Oslo has already said)

Anyway the nitty gritty part is £315-08p PLUS VAT :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I explained that I did not want to but the complete system, just the DVD, but he said, "No sir, that is just simply for the DVD ROM"!!!!!!!! Well I suppose that he at least called me sir.

Even if I was VAT registered I would still object to paying that amount for a 'six monthly upgrade'.

£315-08p the Rabbi would ex-communicate me and I would be thrown from the nearest cliff!!!! (Even a syndicate of four would need a contribution of £93 each)

Just had a thought. I wonder what European country is the cheapest supplier of this obviously Gold Edition?????

Regards
John
Wet, damp, and dismal Torquay

Oslo 09-17-2004 11:38 AM

Look here

http://www.vegvesen.no/trafikk/rds_t...elsk/index.stm

user 708290782 09-18-2004 06:37 AM

£373.74 (inc VAT) that's unbelievable!!!! For that price I'd expect it to have an autopilot capability to drive me home (avoiding the traffic jams) while I have a snooze!

Oslo 09-18-2004 08:08 AM

For that price I'd expect it to have an autopilot capability to drive me home (avoiding the traffic jams) while I have a snooze!

Like "Driving miss Daisy"....

user 708290782 09-18-2004 01:44 PM

Like "Driving miss Daisy"....

Yes, very funny.....

user 708290782 09-23-2004 06:55 AM

I called the Mercedes Benz Customer Assistance Centre yesterday to find out what the latest news is on TMC availability in the UK.

They told me that “Mercedes Benz has been unable to find a suitable and competitive provider for the service in the UK”. I happen to know that ITIS Holdings are the largest provider of this capability in the UK and that they provide the service for BMW, Ford, Land Rover, Lexus, Nissan Renault, Saab, Subaru, Toyota and Vauxhall. I think it is ridiculous that a premium brand car manufacturer is using this excuse when all these other manufacturers have signed up with ITIS already. MB has been providing the same excuse ever since the new E-Class was launched in the UK!

I think we should start letting MB know that we are unhappy with the lack of TMC support in the UK, especially when it is available in all the other major European countries. I'd like to propose that as many people as possible email the MB CAC to make their feelings known and demand that MB provide TMC support. Their email address is: customerservice.uk@mbcac.mercedes-benz.com :mad:

glojo 09-23-2004 08:49 AM

I'd like to propose that as many people as possible email the MB CAC to make their feelings known and demand that MB provide TMC support. Their email address is: customerservice.uk@mbcac.mercedes-benz.com :mad:

[/color]

Excellent idea and count me in. I wonder though if the conventional 'snail' mail might not be the better route?

Are there are Directors of 'big' business reading this that can comment?

Has a conventional letter got more chance of being read by 'an executive' compared to an e-mail complaint?

Daisy,
I am still going to comply with your excellent suggestion.

Regards,
John
Sunny, but windy Torquay

Oslo 09-23-2004 09:14 AM

Has a conventional letter got more chance of being read by 'an executive' compared to an e-mail complaint?

Yes! (from experience....)

glojo 09-23-2004 09:27 AM

Yes! (from experience....)

Thanks Oslo,
That has always been my experience.

DaimlerChrysler UK Ltd
Tongwell,
Milton Keynes,
Buckinghamshire
MK15 8BA

Daisy,
My letter has been posted to the 'Managing Director'

Regards
John
Sunny and nice Torquay

Oslo 09-23-2004 11:29 AM

UK guys. Take a look here !! https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics/39940-uk-tmc-here.html

user 708290782 09-23-2004 12:17 PM

Olso,

I've already read that thread and it comes to the same conclusion - MB do not yet have a contract with ITIS!

user 708290782 09-23-2004 12:18 PM

Thanks Oslo,
That has always been my experience.

DaimlerChrysler UK Ltd
Tongwell,
Milton Keynes,
Buckinghamshire
MK15 8BA

Daisy,
My letter has been posted to the 'Managing Director'

Regards
John
Sunny and nice Torquay

Thanks glojo, I will get a letter to the MD in the post tomorrow.

mike82y 09-25-2004 11:49 AM

just bought 3.0 earlier this year.. now there's 4.0 already.. what are the major updates?

mike

Oslo 09-25-2004 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by mike82y
just bought 3.0 earlier this year.. now there's 4.0 already.. what are the major updates?

mike

Please put into your signature where you are located. Different countries = different answers :)