MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   Drive Dynamic Passenger Settings (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/82507-drive-dynamic-passenger-settings.html)

lyrixmajor 09-16-2004 07:13 PM

Drive Dynamic Passenger Settings

Is their anyway to set the Drive Dynamic settings for the passenger to come on automatically once someone sits in the seat.

the driver seat always retains that setting but i have to turn it on everytime someone sits in the passenger seat..

fazooley 09-16-2004 07:49 PM

I find that so utterly aggrevating. If you look in the settings on the instrument cluster it shows settings for dynamic drive, I always set both of them to on, passenger and driver; the driver one always comes on automatically but the passenger one never does. It's annoying because passengers have no idea how to turn that on. And how corny is it to reach over there lap and be like.. Oh let me turn on the dynamic seating for you; lol. Way too much work involved to impress someone.

Fazooley

Barry45RPM 09-16-2004 09:57 PM

This works...
1. get someone in the seat
2. adjust seat to desired settings
3. activate the dynamic seats at front of seat
4. press mem 1, or mem 2, or mem 3. or memorize all 3 of them

Whenever someone gets into the car ALL of the seat's settings will be remembered including the drive dynamic function. Anytime someone manually adjusts the seat, that will be the setting remembered when you start the car, so if someone did move the seat manually have someone press the # 1 or 2 or 3 to restore that set of memorized settings when the drive dynamic setting was on.

In other words, it uses the last set of settings in use when you last shut down. If drive dynamics was on, it will boot up "on".

khaug 09-16-2004 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
This works...
1. get someone in the seat
2. adjust seat to desired settings
3. activate the dynamic seats at front of seat
4. press mem 1, or mem 2, or mem 3. or memorize all 3 of them

Whenever someone gets into the car ALL of the seat's settings will be remembered including the drive dynamic function. Anytime someone manually adjusts the seat, that will be the setting remembered when you start the car, so if someone did move the seat manually have someone press the # 1 or 2 or 3 to restore that set of memorized settings when the drive dynamic setting was on.

In other words, it uses the last set of settings in use when you last shut down. If drive dynamics was on, it will boot up "on".

Is this so for the PASSENGER seat as well as the driver's seat?

Brav 09-16-2004 10:49 PM

I'm pretty sure you have to turn it on everytime, unless you want to hit a memory button. Otherwise the seat would be moving in and out with no one in it.

Barry45RPM 09-16-2004 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by khaug
Is this so for the PASSENGER seat as well as the driver's seat?

This is for the passenger seat as well as the driver. If you memorize the position with drive dynamic on, everytime you press the number, the seat will revert to that programming. If no one plays with the seat manually ever it will remain memorized with drive dynamic "on" when someone sits in it. If they do move it, well then, thats a new seating position & preferences.

Whenever someone gets in my passenger seat, it is on. Unless my wife moves it, then my son would have to press the memory number to restore his settings when hes gets in up front with Drive Dynamics on.

And isnt it stupid that MB put the red indicator LED for drive dynamic function facing forward towards the firewall? Why wasn't it put facing the headliner. Its a tiny LED!

ENEM 09-18-2004 03:47 PM

Does anyone actually use (or like) their drive dynamic seats

These came fitted to my used E320 CDI. And I am not impressed, just pleased that I didn't specify them and pay for them!

Perhaps I have not mastered how to use them? On my car, the sides of the seat back appear to 'inflate' pretty much at random. Go round a sharp bend and nothing happens, cruise gently round a long curve and it sometimes works. On the passenger side they almost never do anything (yes it is switched on).

I could find virtually nothing in the manual on this option. Any thoughts, comments or opinions welcome.

Barry45RPM 09-18-2004 04:43 PM

Be sure that you have adjusted the bolsters with the switch on the tunnel side of the seat before you drive away. If they are adjusted too "close in" to your body, you will feel too much squeezing, too far out, and you will only feel the most extreme inflations.

They are not a mandatory option in order to get from place to place, but more of a pleasant reminder that the car is "watching you". Mine work well as designed, I ordered them because I wanted THIS car to be everything I ever wanted, hoping that I would keep it for more than 2 years...Now THATS expensive! I can't believe I didn't order the trunk floor cargo mat because it was $40 list more & I thought the car was expensive enough. Needless to say, I boiught it 2 weeks after delivery at the parts counter. (stupid me!drive shaft )

Alex Veksler 09-19-2004 12:24 AM

Dynamic seats clicking

Is anyone experience clicks coming from the backrest of the Dynamic seats.

I can hear it with engine idling, series of 4 clicks, every 5-6 seconds.
All seats functions are off. Can not hear during drive due to road noise , but can hear when stop at the traffic light.

Took the car to the dealer, they verified clicks and telling me that this is normal operations and there is nothing to repair. I just can not believe it!

Before I can think of the next steps, I need to know from the other users, if the same issue is indeed common on 2004 e320 (?)

Thanks,
alex

F1Fan 09-19-2004 05:27 AM

Yup I can hear some clicks now and then from the seats. I only hear them in the garage with the engine off but the key is in.

glojo 09-19-2004 07:38 AM

No 'clicks' or anything else untoward from ours.

Sorry

Regards,
John
Sunny with clouds in Torquay

luxury1 09-19-2004 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Veksler
Is anyone experience clicks coming from the backrest of the Dynamic seats.

I can hear it with engine idling, series of 4 clicks, every 5-6 seconds.
All seats functions are off. Can not hear during drive due to road noise , but can hear when stop at the traffic light.

Took the car to the dealer, they verified clicks and telling me that this is normal operations and there is nothing to repair. I just can not believe it!

Before I can think of the next steps, I need to know from the other users, if the same issue is indeed common on 2004 e320 (?)

Thanks,
alex

YES! I hear them, two from the right seat and then two from the left about every 5 seconds. I only hear it when the car is virtually silent (no radio or road noise). What is that???

Miguk_Saram 09-20-2004 09:48 AM

Yup!

I got 'em, too. Dealer gave me the same response: "Normal operation"..

Hudson 09-20-2004 01:21 PM

I hear clicks when I have the active ventilation turned on - this is coming from the fan built into the seats.

Stupid question - where is the active ventilation "on" switch on the seat itself. I know there's the pulsating on/off and several seat position switches under the front part of the under-cushion. I have the drive dynamic turned on throught the steering cluster but not sure about an "on" switch on seat itself - perhaps this is why I don't feel the dynamic seats in action.

Barry45RPM 09-20-2004 01:37 PM

On my '04 The on off switch for the active seats (not the ventilation) is in the plastic trim of the seat in front of and below the switch pod with all the lumbar/bolster/pulse settings. It faces the accelerator pedal & has a red indicator light which no one has ever seen. Put your face in the footwell, turn to face the rear of the car & you will see it. Ridiculous!

When you press it on from your normal seated driving position, the cluster will display a message that you have turned the seat on. If you leave it on & memorize positions 1,2&3, it will always be on.

The seat ventilation fan switch is on the dash/console in the movable door which covers the cd changer it has a blue indicator LED.

Hudson 09-20-2004 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
On my '04 The on off switch for the active seats (not the ventilations) is in the plastic trim of the seat in front of and below the switch pod with all the lumbar/bolster/pulse settings. It faces the accelerator pedal & has a red indicator light which no one has ever seen. Put your face in the footwell, turn to face the rear of the car & you will see it. Rediculous! When you press it on in the normal driving position, the cluster will display a message that you have turned the seat on. If you leave it on & memorize positions 1,2&3, it will always be on.

The seat ventilation fan switch is on the dash/console in the movable door which covers the cd changer it has a blue indicator LED.

thanks barry - ridiculous is right. I've had the car for several months now and just find this out. I'll check to see if on/off this evening. I bet "off" and is the reason I've felt nothing. Guess I should have read this section of the manual.

lyrixmajor 09-21-2004 01:19 AM

is it a click or squeak....

i had a squeak....

sitting in the seat or the seat adjusting was rubbing against the light cover underneath the seat....they either have to remove, replace the light cover or put a thin piece of cloth around it....

that crap isnt normal...they say anything when they dont know...

ENEM 09-21-2004 01:34 PM

Ridiculous...

Ridiculous is an excellent description of the Drive Dynamic Seats, especially the highly accessible controls. And don't worry about the manual. It tells you next to nothing :mad:

luxury1 09-21-2004 08:28 PM

I really love the dynamic seats but you are right, they probably could find a better place for the controls. With this said I am SO glad that MB hasn't switched to i-drive. I HATE i-drive because I love all of the little buttons (especially when they are lit at night). This was one of the biggest reasons I did not buy three BMW's in a row...

lyrixmajor 09-26-2004 07:41 AM

it works...

once i have the passenger turn on the drive dynamic and then save the settings it always works when once the seat isnt moved....

MB should add an option on the drivers side to turn on his only, or both....or even add than option in the odometer menu...

Barry45RPM 09-26-2004 09:41 AM

...because, once someone moves the seat, its a new passenger/driver in the seat with no default memorized settings. Once you press the memorized position 1,2 or 3, its all right back...no need to reactivate (as long as you memorized all 3 when active was turned on the 1st time).