MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   First Post (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/82763-first-post.html)

jakesbigbro 09-19-2004 11:28 AM

First Post

Hi guys, this is my first post and i was just wondering how long delivery time took when you order your E-Class? and what do you guys think of the color Melanite on an E?

Thanks Guys :)

Oslo 09-19-2004 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by jakesbigbro
Hi guys, this is my first post and i was just wondering how long delivery time took when you order your E-Class? and what do you guys think of the color Melanite on an E?

Thanks Guys :)

Hi there, and welcome!

Please put into your signature where your'e located. There are many nations represented here, and there are different answers for different countries.

jakesbigbro 09-19-2004 12:02 PM

sorry about that...i'm from Australia.

glojo 09-19-2004 12:30 PM

Sadly, to add to your confusion different countries give different names to the two standard shades of blue that are available for the E-class.

UK = Teallite Blue (As in my signature)
Tanzanite Blue (which is darker)

Regards,
John
Clouds with the sunny spells in Torquay

jakesbigbro 09-21-2004 04:36 AM

thanks for the reply guys. :)

glojo 09-21-2004 07:36 AM

I must be cracking up as I could have sworn you mentioned the word 'blue' in your post? :crazy: I will have to blame the morphine.

Melanite is one of two metallic blacks, (not counting Green Black)

Thanks to the modern nano paint technology that is used on the newer 211 series, dark colours no longer suffer from the 'swirl' marks that were all so often seen.

Is black a practical colour for the warmer parts of Australia??? No doubt the climate control will cope though.

The majority of subscribers to this excellent forum are based in the US and hopefully now they know you are talking about a metallic black you might get a better response.

I also enjoyed looking at the first thread on this forum that shows dozens of pictures of various coloured E-class

:) Are you sure you did not edit out the word blue in your original post :)

Good luck with your choice of colour,

John
Sunny with cloudy spells Torquay

MBE55AMG 09-21-2004 04:20 PM

Welcome, buddy!

My wait for my W211 was about a good 8-9 months. Shouldn't take that long for a regular E, though.

Enjoy your stay on the forums.

jakesbigbro 09-22-2004 10:29 AM

Thanks for the reply MBE55AMG, Its just that ive been waiting for my E320 for about 3months now....and ive got one more month of waiting and just wanted to see how long it took for everyone...Thanks for the reply. :)

Oslo 09-22-2004 01:24 PM

Thanks for the reply MBE55AMG, Its just that ive been waiting for my E320 for about 3months now....and ive got one more month of waiting and just wanted to see how long it took for everyone...Thanks for the reply. :)

I think it’s me that probably still holds the record. I ordered my car (see specification below) on September 5, 2004, and picked it up in Sindelfingen on October 2, 2004
:y

marc777 09-22-2004 01:55 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I had a very early UK car and had to wait about 6 months -

It was worth waiting for.......good luck and enjoy

Marc

W211 Ryda 09-22-2004 04:02 PM

Ordered mine Oct. 23, 2003 and picked her up January 20, 2004.

jakesbigbro 09-24-2004 04:21 AM

Thanks for the reply guys. Looking forward to driving my new car in a couple of weeks. :y