MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   Flat Tire - Where to get Raplacements (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/83015-flat-tire-where-get-raplacements.html)

Barry45RPM 09-21-2004 06:59 PM

Flat Tire - Where to get Replacements

Michelin Pilot. Tire stores don't stock it. now what? Wait a week to order it?

khaug 09-21-2004 10:33 PM

www.tirerack.com. They're most likely to have it in stock and can do an expedited shipment if you're willing to pay for it.

weinschela 09-21-2004 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Michelin Pilot. Tire stores don't stock it. now what? Wait a week to order it?

Barry. I sent you an email. I can help out. Have the tires you need, almost new.

Barry45RPM 09-23-2004 02:36 PM

Thank You Tirerack.com !!

So NOBODY's got this damn tire in stock, (Not even local MB Dealership) & I'm getting crazy...I can't stand & won't drive around with the "donut" on the car, waiting for a 3 - 5 day delivery time to the tire shop, so the car sits on the driveway...

Went to Tirerack.com, they had it in stock at a better price than anyone here could do (if they had them). They shipped it UPS Ground for NEXT DAY DELIVERY within an hour of my placing the order from their warehouse in Delaware to Long Island NY.

The tire came in 11am, the car's at the tire shop an hour later, I'll have it back in an hour or so.

I'm done shopping around for tires. This was easier, cleaner, cheaper, and an overall better experience! Thank You Tirerack! Who Knew?

Also...Thanks to Weinschela (above) for offering the tires he has. It would have been a good deal for me but his car has the Sport Package & came with a slightly different Michelin tire than mine & I didn't want to mix 'n match. There are some nice people on this Forum!

BudC 09-23-2004 03:50 PM

I live in the Phoenix area. Nobody in the entire valley had V-rated, Pirelli summer tires to fit my 300E. Discount tire told me they could order them from LA and it would cost more than $100/tire.

I ordered them from Tire Rack and got them the next day from Reno. Cost was $74/tire.

I've been buying tires from Tire Rack for many years and have never been disappointed or screwed.

I recommend anyone needing tires to get them from Tire Rack. You can have them mounted and balanced at most tire shops for about $50.

Barry45RPM 09-23-2004 05:49 PM

Here on Long Island at STS Tire (a local NY/NJ chain Tire/Alignment shop) they charged me $28.00 to mount/balance/install & pack away the donut spare. NICE!

...and youre right, these tires aren't on every car, so it really doesn't pay to waste precious time looking. The deal was good & thexperience overall was EZ.
-Barry

CaptMike 09-24-2004 10:59 AM

Does the tire have a hole in it or did it loose its bead (chrome wheels)?

Barry45RPM 09-24-2004 11:43 AM

Tire was punctured by a 1/4 x 7 inch bolt with a nut on one end, and curved like a fish hook on the other due to stretching/failure. It looks like it might have been a bolt that held a truck body onto the chassis rails.

It went into the tread & then curved across the tread inside the tire.

...But I got my new tire & am back on the road again.

CaptMike 09-24-2004 12:30 PM

Ok,
sorry I don't have further help. I had the "lost it's bead" problem on one of my tires, but it was a chroming problem...and was fixed by just cleaning/buffing the chrome wheel thoroughly