MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   Should my mirror dip to park? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/83242-should-my-mirror-dip-park.html)

latent 09-23-2004 02:31 PM

Should my mirror dip to park?

When I select reverse, should my passnger mirror dip to aid reversing (cos it doesn't!) :nix:
Model: 2005 E320CDI

BklynBenz 09-23-2004 02:36 PM

it should and its supposed to go down. with my clk, if the passenger side mirror button isnt pressed down then the mirror wont go down when the car is in reverse.

Barry45RPM 09-23-2004 02:42 PM

For it to do so, you must first...
1. Put the mirror in its downward (parking) position
2. Press M and then the down arrow of the mirror adjustment buttons.
3. Always leave the mirror adjust button for the curb side mirror pressed in.
4. Memorize the seat positions again for driver that you are. (or all 3)
As long as the same memorized driver/key uses the car & all of the above are done. it will work.

outtadaloop 09-23-2004 02:43 PM

check your manual for parallel parking assist or something like that. it should give you the exact directions on how to set that feature.

paulhu 09-23-2004 06:13 PM

You must do the settings from the steering wheel menus. There is an option to set the passenger side mirror to dip when you shift in reverse. It's in the manual somewhere.

moa4r 09-23-2004 06:55 PM

you have to keep the button for adjusting the mirror in the passenger side position (as if you are going to adjust the passenger mirror) this should cause it to lower when you put it in R

BklynBenz 09-23-2004 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by moa4r
you have to keep the button for adjusting the mirror in the passenger side position (as if you are going to adjust the passenger mirror) this should cause it to lower when you put it in R

thats what i said. if that buton is not in, then it doesnt work. its as simple as that

latent 09-24-2004 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
For it to do so, you must first...
1. Put the mirror in its downward (parking) position
2. Press M and then the down arrow of the mirror adjustment buttons.
3. Always leave the mirror adjust button for the curb side mirror pressed in.
4. Memorize the seat positions again for driver that you are. (or all 3)
As long as the same memorized driver/key uses the car & all of the above are done. it will work.

Hmm. I do not have memory seats! It does not show up as an option in vehicle covenience either.

BUT, I assumed that reverse park aid was not dependent upon having memory seat package - IMO it shouldn't be!

andyKen 09-24-2004 05:41 AM

This feature IS only availalbe with the drivers memory seat package (at least on UK vehicles). Even then it is not easy to find out how to set it.

my E430 rocket 09-24-2004 03:50 PM

i thought they all would come with memory?

glojo 09-24-2004 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by my E430 rocket
i thought they all would come with memory?

Sorry,
Different countries, different specs. You have cup holders, we have electric folding mirrors. (cup holders are only an option) Go figure????

Regards,
John
Night time in Torquay