E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MP3 Folder limitation in W211 (54 reg)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:02 PM

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
'07 GL450
Originally Posted by monstaloc
Miguk Saram, are you Korean?
Nice catch, but nope. The nick says it all.

The gf, however, is.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 E500
haha..nice miguk saram...

just a check..what are the burn speeds of all successful burns? I've read 4x for dvd. How about cd-r? If anything, I want to test cd-r's first just because they are faster to write and cheaper to toss.

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 E63
haha..nice miguk saram...

just a check..what are the burn speeds of all successful burns? I've read 4x for dvd. How about cd-r? If anything, I want to test cd-r's first just because they are faster to write and cheaper to toss.

Thanks.
To burn CD mp3s just use XPs burning software. Pop in the blank CD into your burner and allow XP to open up a window. Then just copy and paste whatever folders with mp3s that you want.

For DVD mp3s, Nero is the easiest program to use. Nero 7 is great but Nero 6 will work as well. I have tested many types of dvds and found that most DVD+R work and most DVD-R do not work in the euro command. In the euro command manual it says to burn using udf but that is false since the euro command doesnt accept udf. I have tested and failed many times. I have about 20 coasters. Just pop in a blank DVD+R disc. Then open up Nero burning rom. I am using Nero 7. Then choose DVD-ROM (ISO). You should not have to change any of the settings but I will list them anyways just in case. In multisession, choose start multisession disc. Under ISO, file system is ISO 9960 + Joliet, file length is max of 11=8 + 3 chars ( level 1). Character set is ISO 9660 (standard iso cd rom). 3 checkmarks for allow path depth, allow more than 255 charcters, and allow more than 64 characters. Under label tab, you can name your ISO anything you want. Nothing is necessary in dates tab. Under mis tab, both boxes should be checked and it should be 64k. Under burn, the Write box should be checked and everything else unchecked. You can set the write speed to a lower speed if you want but I always leave it on maximum. Number of copies is up to you.

Now click on New button at the bottom and it will open up a Windows Explorer looking window. Just drag and drop all your songs and put them in folders to your liking. Just watch the meter at the bottom that will tell you how much space you have left on the disc. After you are satisfied, click on burn, then click on the Burn button. Should take about 7-10 minutes on a full disc. After the burn, test it and it should read fine in the euro command. Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:01 PM

'03 E500
gdestiny,

that is probably one of the best how -to's i've ever read. and I've read thousands of em. I'm going to try it. ONce i get this working, I'll repost this all with screen shots for those that cannot follow.

I noticed that the people that have successfully burned seemed to have left the multisession open. Can someone confirm other wise? THanks.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:09 PM

'03 E500
gdestiny, i copied your settings exactly, even burned my dvd+r at 2.4x. Still get dvd error. At this point, I will have to assume it has something to do with my comand. Maybe I should email steve at mbenznl about this since I did get it from him to see if he has any advice. Thanks for all of your help.

This process shouldn't be this hard unless there is something out of my control, like the software. We'll see what happens.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 E63
gdestiny, i copied your settings exactly, even burned my dvd+r at 2.4x. Still get dvd error. At this point, I will have to assume it has something to do with my comand. Maybe I should email steve at mbenznl about this since I did get it from him to see if he has any advice. Thanks for all of your help.

This process shouldn't be this hard unless there is something out of my control, like the software. We'll see what happens.

To answer your question, you should finalize your disc but usually that option is not even available to check. Nero should just create the lead out on the disc and you should not be able to burn to it anymore.

If you can play dvds and play cd mp3s, then it sounds like the command has the correct software loaded on it. I know that Steve updated the command after installing it with the mp3 decoder. Im sure he did the same for yours. There might be a problem with it though. I would not know though. One other thing you can try is buying the discs that I have tried. I have used Imation, Verbatim, and Memorex. I can also send you a copy of one of my dvds so you can try in your command. That way you can see it really is your command. Another forum member did that for me in the past. PM me if you want it. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:04 PM

'07 GL450
monstaloc:

What bitrate are your MP3s at? I typically burn 192 kbps.

If you're up for it, I can setup an FTP for you to upload your MP3's. I'll burn one of my DVD+RW's for ya, test it on my w211, and mail it over to ya if it reads ok.

If one of my DVD's works on your w211, then that would eliminate the COMAND unit being the problem and would definitely point toward an external factor (burn-ING and/or burn-ER speed, DVD quality, software parameters, etc.).

Alternatively, I could just send you one of my DVD's with some Korean MP3's and see if it works. PM me with an address to send the DVD+RW to if you're interested (don't worry about s&h, a few bucks ain't gonna make or break me).

GL.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:24 PM

'03 E500
miguksaram,

comawuh...kun deh...gldestiny has already shipped me out a disc. my mp3's are either at 128kbps or 192kbps. I'm almost for certain it's the software on my comand. We'll see once I get those discs. I do apprecaite your help with this matter and please let me know if i could be of any assistance to u in the near future.

- Tony
Old 04-14-2006, 08:58 PM

'03 E500
well..i'm sad to report that the disc gdestiny sent me did not work. at this point is definitely pointing towards my comand. well..next time steve comes out, i'll have him to an upgrade. thank you all for your help.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:24 AM

'07 GL450
monstaloc:

I've been playing around with a new MP3 DVD and have not had any success with NERO (I thought I had used NERO to burn these things before.. apparently not). Don't know what it is about our COMAND's, but they don't seem to like what NERO's doing; anyway, try using Acoustica's MP3 CD Burner:

http://www.cdburner.com

This is the software that I've used to successfully burn DVDs that are readable on my Euro COMAND. I think you can download the software with a 7 day demo license (and pay US$19.95 if you like it). It takes a while to complete, especially if you use some of the enhanced features (fading, mixing, truncating, volume adjustments, etc.), but it works!

I'll keep playing around with NERO and see if I can pinpoint a winning combination; once/if I do, I'll post it here.

If anyone else decides to try the Acoustica software, please report back here and let us know (for posterity).
Old 06-06-2006, 07:23 PM

03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
Is there any resolution to this yet? I am suffering the same problem with Steve's Euro Command unit, I'm wondering do I need a software upgrade. I can play mp3s with 99 tracks in the cd changer but cannot play them in the command slot. Let me know guys thanks.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:32 PM

06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
Just for the record.....

I went to see if I could upgrade and play DVD mp3's on my '06. Nope, it ain't gonna happen. Thje cd mp3's are no problem.

Then I talked to my parts guy and asked him if there was a different part number between '05 and '06 COMAND. Not only is there a different part number, ther are SEVERAL different numbers over the course of two years. THAT explains why some people can play them and some can't. It seems that MB is all over the place with COMAND.

Last edited by Spartan; 06-06-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:35 PM

06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
Originally Posted by Miguk_Saram
monstaloc:

I've been playing around with a new MP3 DVD and have not had any success with NERO (I thought I had used NERO to burn these things before.. apparently not). Don't know what it is about our COMAND's, but they don't seem to like what NERO's doing; anyway, try using Acoustica's MP3 CD Burner:

http://www.cdburner.com

This is the software that I've used to successfully burn DVDs that are readable on my Euro COMAND. I think you can download the software with a 7 day demo license (and pay US$19.95 if you like it). It takes a while to complete, especially if you use some of the enhanced features (fading, mixing, truncating, volume adjustments, etc.), but it works!

I'll keep playing around with NERO and see if I can pinpoint a winning combination; once/if I do, I'll post it here.

If anyone else decides to try the Acoustica software, please report back here and let us know (for posterity).

Chances are that it has nothing to do with the burning. I used a free program and Nero on my '05 and it played DVD mp3's just fine.