E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Big Thank You

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 05:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Big Thank You

I would like to thank everyone that answered my 'Uncomfortable Seat' poll.

As a follow up question could anyone with a Left-Hand drive vehicle say if the front seat passenger has ever complained about the transmission tunnel encroaching into the foot well and causing so much discomfort that they could only tolerate journeys of less than a hundred miles?

Those of us with RHD.
Has anyone noticed this protusion and the side effects?

Thanks again, and Thanks Oslo for your attempt at immobilising DVD in Motion (I know you never meant to and actually enjoy having the feature. It is just a good chuckle)

Bye for now,
John
A very misty morning in Torquay
Old 12-11-2004, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by glojo
I would like to thank everyone that answered my 'Uncomfortable Seat' poll.

As a follow up question could anyone with a Left-Hand drive vehicle say if the front seat passenger has ever complained about the transmission tunnel encroaching into the foot well and causing so much discomfort that they could only tolerate journeys of less than a hundred miles?

I read here on this forum that the "tunnel" on the 4-matics (AWD) units were much wider than the rear wheel drive units. There is a noticable bulge on the passengers side thus the elimination of the small cargo net located on the transmission tunnel. Perhaps the complaints (if any) are from these owners... As far as the width in my car, its fine. I have no width issuse's or off set pedal problems for that matter (as mentioned here by a few).

Originally Posted by glojo
Thanks again, and Thanks Oslo for your attempt at immobilising DVD in Motion (I know you never meant to and actually enjoy having the feature. It is just a good chuckle)
I heard if you stand next to your car while pressing and holding the unlock button on your smart key, clicking your heels three times, and inserting your thumb (you know where), this will restore your DVD in motion.......Anyone want to try this and let us know if its true????

Last edited by HELL ONA HARLEY; 12-11-2004 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 320 CDI
I heard if you stand next to your car while pressing and holding the unlock button on your smart key, clicking your heels three times, and inserting your thumb (you know where), this will restore your DVD in motion.......Anyone want to try this and let us know if its true????
I just tried this and all it did was hurt
Old 12-11-2004, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by marcos
I just tried this and all it did was hurt
Hi Marcos,
Look on the bright side, it might stop you sucking your thumb.

Regards,
John
Old 12-11-2004, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
I have noticed the "wide tunnel effect" you describe. Only because I have long legs and have to keep them bent to fit on long trips. Not too bad tho.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Brav
I have noticed the "wide tunnel effect" you describe. Only because I have long legs and have to keep them bent to fit on long trips. Not too bad tho.
Hi Brav,
There has been an article in a British motoring magazine about the shape of the tunnel and how it has a slight bulge on the right hand side. This of course is your front passenger accomodation.

It has been accepted that the shape of the tunnel prevents 4Matic from being produced in right hand drive format, but this article is the first complaint that I have heard about.

Bye for now,
John