E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New E Coupe 2010 Question + More...All Over the Place...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK, CLK, CLS
Exclamation New E Coupe 2010 Question + More...All Over the Place...

Hey guys,
I have a few things I'd like to have cleared up if possible.
1. When will the new E Coupe be released in Canada? What will be the price in CDN $?
2. I just took delivery of my GLK less than 4 weeks ago, and I'm very very happy. However, I'm starting to fear that I made a mistake. The reason is I think the GLK is a "family car", and it's not for a 21 year old like myself. What do you think? Do you think it was wrong for me to buy a GLK? I really like the C Class (as well as the SLK & CLK of course), but I figured the C Class with Sport Package would have a hard time plowing through snow, whereas the GLK is expected to handle it.
But, now that the E Coupe is coming, I was thinking maybe I should've gotten that (assuming the price will be in line with my GLK, which is about $61K after taxes). So to cut it short, I want your opinion on this. I feel what I've done was really stupid (because of the type of the car and my age).
3. Hypothetically speaking, let's say I want to "trade in" my 4 week old GLK back to the dealer and get the E Coupe...how much do you think I've lost on it??? It's got 1700 KM on it.
4. Does anyone know if there is a HARD TOP CONVERTIBLE Mercedes planned for any time soon??
Thanks guys...appreciate it.

Last edited by GLK 2010; 05-30-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Don't lose too much sleep over this. You mentioned the need to "plow snow" and the E Coupe probably won't ever be available with 4matic. I say probably because the original intent was for it to replace the CLK which has never been offered in 4matic. But recent articles point to the E Coupe going upscale making way for a CLK replacement (C Class Coupe) in 2011 or 2012. Such a move could result in 4matic being offered in the E Coupe much like the CL got it standard for 2009.

By the way, I took a look at the Canadian MB site and the price for a GLK starts at $41k, you apparently checked every option box available lol. Don't think pricing has been announced, but in the States the CLK has a $3k price increase over the E Class sedan and the Canada site says about a $4k difference, so around $70k for a E Class Coupe seems about right.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK, CLK, CLS
Exclamation

Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Don't lose too much sleep over this. You mentioned the need to "plow snow" and the E Coupe probably won't ever be available with 4matic. I say probably because the original intent was for it to replace the CLK which has never been offered in 4matic. But recent articles point to the E Coupe going upscale making way for a CLK replacement (C Class Coupe) in 2011 or 2012. Such a move could result in 4matic being offered in the E Coupe much like the CL got it standard for 2009.

By the way, I took a look at the Canadian MB site and the price for a GLK starts at $41k, you apparently checked every option box available lol. Don't think pricing has been announced, but in the States the CLK has a $3k price increase over the E Class sedan and the Canada site says about a $4k difference, so around $70k for a E Class Coupe seems about right.
You're right..the E would most likely not be the right choice, especially as it doesn't seem to be accompanied by the 4Matic system. Also, the $70,000 price tag for the E sounds about right...
As for the GLK...haha...yea the start here is $41,800 and I added all the options except the HK Sound System (see my sig) so after the stupid taxes and stuff were included, I paid something like $61000+.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'08 CL600 with 152k km; '01 E430 4Matic with 428k km; '17 Porsche Cayenne with 103k km
Originally Posted by GLK 2010
You're right..the E would most likely not be the right choice, especially as it doesn't seem to be accompanied by the 4Matic system. Also, the $70,000 price tag for the E sounds about right...
As for the GLK...haha...yea the start here is $41,800 and I added all the options except the HK Sound System (see my sig) so after the stupid taxes and stuff were included, I paid something like $61000+.
$70K for an E Class?!?! Wow...definitely not a CLK replacement in the literal sense, if I'm not mistaken. The only CLK in that price range were the drop-tops. Correct me if I'm wrong...the USD is not as strong as it used to be.