E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Mini review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing right now
Arrow Mini review

I finally got to check out the new E-Class sedans. It was a sobering experience.
First off I can not fit into a coupe. Totally different frame (C class?) from the sedan and if you are in any way tall, you better check it out first. However, it's shortness gives it a really cool look.

Test drove an E-350 sedan. First off that is one BEAUTIFUL car! I know looks are subjective but I love the look of this car.
Very spacious inside. Rides very nice but totally gutless at low speeds. I realize that it is not a sports sedan, but wow. Pretty good on the highway though once you get it up to speed.
We only have one MB dealer in Atlantic Canada (east of Quebec) and they do not have many cars or allocations. I am told there would be a four month wait for my perfect (therefore ordered) car. And they will not move on price at all. To give my American friends an idea of what this means:
1) E550 sedan built the way I like is $78,850.00, plus tax. This does not count the freight/pdi/etc. Putting $3,000.00 down the monthly lease payments would be $1,281.86 including tax, for 48 months! Too rich for me.
2) E350 sedan built the way I would like is $71,025, plus tax. Same as above works out to $1,118.54 per month over 48 months. A little high for me and the total lack of grunt would bother me as I spend minimal time on the highway.

And pretty much no chance of getting a deal on floor model as they only have one for testing.

Guess I will keep looking around. Too bad as I LOVE the look of this car!

Shane D

PS: I also tested a GLK. Wow, the Lexus blows this off the road in acceleration, cornering and ride. It does look a lot better than the Lexus though.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:55 PM

E550 (W212) 2010
Hi Shane

Glad you liked the new E.

Don't cave in to their ridiculous pricing yet.

I realize there are differences between Canada and US policies, but for crying out loud there is not much difference in what people make on average. If anything folks here in US make more.

I paid roughly $64K for my brand new ordered E550 with P2 package, Parktronic, folding seats...etc. Total after tax and tags came out to be roughly $68K.

For E350s they will charge you 5 to 7 K less here depending on configuration!

So, don't give up just yet. Also, maybe you could negotiate with another dealer in Canada....I am sure Toronto guys are more manageable.

Cheers!
DCist
Old 10-21-2009, 06:07 PM

nothing right now
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DCist
Hi Shane

Glad you liked the new E.

It is even more beautiful in person

Don't cave in to their ridiculous pricing yet.

Not sure I have a lot of choice if I want the perfect (to me) car. If I end up getting a 70K plus car it has to be the car of my dreams and not a compromise.

I realize there are differences between Canada and US policies, but for crying out loud there is not much difference in what people make on average. If anything folks here in US make more.

Americans make a LOT more than Canadians on average.

I paid roughly $64K for my brand new ordered E550 with P2 package, Parktronic, folding seats...etc. Total after tax and tags came out to be roughly $68K.

Wow I am jealous!

For E350s they will charge you 5 to 7 K less here depending on configuration!

So, don't give up just yet. Also, maybe you could negotiate with another dealer in Canada....I am sure Toronto guys are more manageable.

Cheers!
DCist
People in Ontario will move some because they have to and I may look at that. Nothing beats checking the car out in person though.

Shane D