Very close to taking delivery... E550 4matic Steel Grey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:41 PM
DHI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 ML550, 996 G T 3
Very close to taking delivery... E550 4matic Steel Grey

Well, after a two month wait and two weeks of frustratingly vague and constantly revised delivery date information, it appears that the time is near.

I have snapped an awful phone pic of my car at the dealer's yard moments after it's delivery to the dealer at the end of the day. What joy!

My wife is accusing me of not even being this excited when our son was born.

I'm impatiently waiting for Tuesday !

Attached Thumbnails Very close to taking delivery... E550 4matic Steel Grey-img00450.jpg  
Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You must be excited - I would be as well! You picked a great color.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:12 AM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Looks great !!! Bet you wont be getting much sleep for the next few days !!

Congratulations on the new ride !
Old 01-17-2010, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by DHI
Well, after a two month wait and two weeks of frustratingly vague and constantly revised delivery date information, it appears that the time is near.

I have snapped an awful phone pic of my car at the dealer's yard moments after it's delivery to the dealer at the end of the day. What joy!

My wife is accusing me of not even being this excited when our son was born.

I'm impatiently waiting for Tuesday !

Thats interesting re your vague delivery info. My E which I picked up last week was tracked by my dealer almost to the hour of delivery to the dealership. It was in fact 3 weeks earlier than scheduled. Mine is Paladium Silver. Steel Gray is also a great color and I have it on my 2010 ML550 that I received 3 months ago. You will really like it!!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Originally Posted by sosh
Thats interesting re your vague delivery info. My E which I picked up last week was tracked by my dealer almost to the hour of delivery to the dealership. It was in fact 3 weeks earlier than scheduled. Mine is Paladium Silver. Steel Gray is also a great color and I have it on my 2010 ML550 that I received 3 months ago. You will really like it!!
I ordered my E350 sedan in mid October and they finished it in Germany on Nov. 4 and I had it in may hands on Nov. 21. Dealer kept me posted as to when they started building it, finished it, shipped it, arrival in FL and arrival to him.
Would recommend anyone ordering or getting dealer transfer, make sure about the exterior color. Charts and pictures in brochures and on website are not accurate. Mine is Palladium Silver, which is not silver at all. It is light/medium gray and exactly the color I wanted. I think M-B used to call it granite gray or some other type gray, which is much more accurate.
BTW, palladium is a "silver" element, so the car is silver silver!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by El Cid
I ordered my E350 sedan in mid October and they finished it in Germany on Nov. 4 and I had it in may hands on Nov. 21. Dealer kept me posted as to when they started building it, finished it, shipped it, arrival in FL and arrival to him.
Would recommend anyone ordering or getting dealer transfer, make sure about the exterior color. Charts and pictures in brochures and on website are not accurate. Mine is Palladium Silver, which is not silver at all. It is light/medium gray and exactly the color I wanted. I think M-B used to call it granite gray or some other type gray, which is much more accurate.
BTW, palladium is a "silver" element, so the car is silver silver!
You are absolutly correct re the color chips and the web site colors. MB does a poor job of replicating all colors and in not providing dealers with a larger more accurate color sample.
Re the Palladium Silver. My take after having it for a week in all different light conditions is that it does have silver in it perhaps mixed with gray. I really like the color.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
DHI

'10 ML550, 996 G T 3
Originally Posted by sosh
The precise delivery information is about the only thing I expected from an established Mercedes dealer.

With that said, I'm not one to seek the red carpet/white glove treatment from anyone, but the fact that I had to call my dealer every second day for two weeks without getting a tangible delivery date response was firstly, disappointing to me, and secondly, completely incomprehensible. The car was supposed to be in before the end of the year.

To that effect, I had prepared a scathing email yesterday, comparing the Mercedes Benz buying experience to something less satisfying and more frustrating than a 20$ Ebay transaction. The email, which ultimately would not have sped up the delivery of my car and would have just further tarnished my buying experience, never made it out of the Outbox. Thankfully, as the car showed up a few hours after me getting all wound up and all.

I'm hopeful that the elation of taking possession of the car, will erase last two weeks' worth of frustration.

Thanks for all the good words everyone!
David

Last edited by DHI; 01-17-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:29 PM
DHI

'10 ML550, 996 G T 3
I wonder how much later the delivery would have been were it not for these decals.
Attached Thumbnails Very close to taking delivery... E550 4matic Steel Grey-img00451.jpg  
Old 01-17-2010, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DHI
I wonder how much later the delivery would have been were it not for these decals.
Believe those decals go on at the US port and are for the final delivery carrier.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:49 PM

2010 E550 4matic
Ordered my E550 4matic (Iridium silver/black) in September, arrived at dealer 2 weeks earlier than expected, took delivery in mid-December.

My first 1000mi have been flawless, without any new-model glitches. Performing surprisingly well in snow with OEM Pirelli AS tires.

David, I think you will be very pleased on Tuesday with your gorgeous new car, and your frustration will be quickly forgotten. Enjoy!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:59 PM
DHI

'10 ML550, 996 G T 3
Originally Posted by FrozenNorth
Ordered my E550 4matic (Iridium silver/black) in September, arrived at dealer 2 weeks earlier than expected, took delivery in mid-December.

My first 1000mi have been flawless, without any new-model glitches. Performing surprisingly well in snow with OEM Pirelli AS tires.

David, I think you will be very pleased on Tuesday with your gorgeous new car, and your frustration will be quickly forgotten. Enjoy!
That's good to hear FrozenNorth. Thank-you!

I have Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3's waiting to be installed on the car... should perform like a tank through winter.

Last edited by DHI; 01-18-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550
Good Luck and great choice!!