My new E350 Luxury

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
My new E350 Luxury

I have posted images of my E350 Luxury on the Sticky picture thread for those who have not checked it out. The advantage of posting on the Sticky is that your images will not be lost to viewers as the other threads age and disappear. Thanks

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...re-thread.html
Old 02-05-2010, 10:49 AM
ipp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W166 ML350 BT
Very nice! How do you like it compared to your C-class? Also, I like the elegant look of it too, first time I've seen one with chrome on the door handles.

Congrats!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ipp
Very nice! How do you like it compared to your C-class? Also, I like the elegant look of it too, first time I've seen one with chrome on the door handles.

Congrats!
Thanks. The chrome on the door handles is related to the Keyless Go option which in the US is a package of items in what is called P2.

The C is an excellent car but there is no comparison with the new E. My C was the sport model C350 and had a very firm suspension and was much louder in the interior noise levels. I purposely wanted the softer Luxury trim in the E because I wanted the MB ride that I have had in the past.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
Very nice choice of color.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 C240 4MATIC, 2010 ML350
Congrats. I always love your choice in cars.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ChrisBrown
Congrats. I always love your choice in cars.
Thanks Chris....MB makes it to easy...:-)
Old 02-05-2010, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
nice. i see what you mean about the ride of the C. after a while it became "eh", but the E is great. man, the worse was our 07 C230 sport. If I drove it for more than 30 minutes straight, my back would kill me once i got out of the car.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
I never thought I'd say this, but the new E actually looks good without the sport package. Very different, I'm not used to seeing it that way.
Congrats on a very very nice car!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:33 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
I never thought I'd say this, but the new E actually looks good without the sport package. Very different, I'm not used to seeing it that way.
Congrats on a very very nice car!
That's what I've been thinking. M-B reversed it with this E, instead of making the Luxury package the "normal" one, the AMG Package is the Standard one, I find myself doing a double take now to not the 212's in AMG Package as my eyes are getting trained to them, but in fact on the Luxury Packaged cars, as I immediately notice "there's something different about that one".

I wish M-B would stop whoring out the AMG Package, but I guess this is a good way to make the luxo versions appreciated for their more elegant and class approach. I also like how the Luxury Packages have the white A-Pillars/Roof-Lining, with the Black interiors, which is a must for me in a Benz, much more classy than the all Black interiors IMO.

Congrats Jack.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:55 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 GLE450 polar white AMG pkg.
I had no idea how different the luxury model styling compares to the sport. Look close, you'll note that the front grill has an extra tier of chrome trim (4 vs. 3); the chrome trim on the front corners (nice!), and the whole rear bumper treatment is cleaner! There is no "split" on the side skirts. In my opinion, the overall package is cleaner, flows better, and a bit more "classic" MB. Has more of a hint of the S-Class. Also the wood steering wheel is a nice touch!

At the time of purchase, there were no luxury models around. I think if I had seen the lux and sport model side by side at the dealership, I might have changed my mind!

Great pix; enjoy the ride!

Last edited by mm9351; 02-06-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Every MB I have had since '03 (and I have had a slew of them) has had the AMG package. It was a special looking package in the earlier models but has become as stated the "standard model" now. I was ready for a classic MB sedan and the Luxury trim fit my needs and wants. I no longer was interested in the handling but wanted the MB ride.

I spent a lot of time building and selecting the Luxury trim. My dealer in Denver had no Luxury trims in stock with my options and hunted the inventory elsewhere for one. He indicated the available units really dropped when the S (E350WS - AMG Package) was dropped from the model search. He found one in Texas and traded for it.

The ride is softer than the Sport model but can take the curves with the best of them... the dynamic multicontour seat really feel great on the tight turns. The power is less than the 550 engines I had 3 of, but certainly no slouch. In my opinion it reminds me of the '07 S550 I had and the ride going back to the '80s and 90's models, only greatly refined. YMMV

Last edited by Nevada Jack; 02-06-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550
Great choice!! Congrats!!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:50 PM

E550
nice to see another new owner. What's the AMG package that you are talking about?
Old 02-06-2010, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Kennyboy
nice to see another new owner. What's the AMG package that you are talking about?
The AMG package is what is called the Sport Option now. Included the body trim, AMG wheels on some models and other mods to the standard base class. They were expensive to add and were a strong selling point, but now it seems almost every line has the Sport option. I also think that MB layed off the AMG name for the package to prevent the real AMG models from losing their special identity.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:37 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
The AMG package is what is called the Sport Option now. Included the body trim, AMG wheels on some models and other mods to the standard base class. They were expensive to add and were a strong selling point, but now it seems almost every line has the Sport option. I also think that MB layed off the AMG name for the package to prevent the real AMG models from losing their special identity.

On my car it was like a $5K Option. I remember when I was looking at 211's, I saw so many great deals on clean non-AMG Package cars, and refused to own an E without the package. I remember looking at a 211 (well before '09 models obviously, when they started with the free AMG Pack) with an AMG Package like it was almost an exotic, as they were so cool to me, separated from the billions of E's on the road, and exclusive. it's not like that anymore, I'm appreciating the look of your Luxury Edition more-so. I like the extra slat in the grille, the chrome on the front bumper sides, and especially, the chrome strip on the rear bumper, in fact, I feel it helps spruce up the rear end view.

As well, the interior is much nicer in Luxo trim, you get the nice two tone, and I like the guages without the new "coming at you" look, i.e I like the Luxo's more classic approach. Overall your interior looks more inviting than the Sport E's I've seen, and the wood steering wheel makes a WORLD of difference in that car.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A

On my car it was like a $5K Option. I remember when I was looking at 211's, I saw so many great deals on clean non-AMG Package cars, and refused to own an E without the package. I remember looking at a 211 (well before '09 models obviously, when they started with the free AMG Pack) with an AMG Package like it was almost an exotic, as they were so cool to me, separated from the billions of E's on the road, and exclusive. it's not like that anymore, I'm appreciating the look of your Luxury Edition more-so. I like the extra slat in the grille, the chrome on the front bumper sides, and especially, the chrome strip on the rear bumper, in fact, I feel it helps spruce up the rear end view.

As well, the interior is much nicer in Luxo trim, you get the nice two tone, and I like the guages without the new "coming at you" look, i.e I like the Luxo's more classic approach. Overall your interior looks more inviting than the Sport E's I've seen, and the wood steering wheel makes a WORLD of difference in that car.
You nailed it K-A... my feeling exactly.

The AMG package on my S550 was $6K! The GL550 had the features as I remember and really was the GL AMG model because they did not have plans for an AMG GL. The SL550 had the AMG package and I can't remember the price but it did not come cheap...:-) Similar with the C350 Sport.

I have leather steering wheels in my garage closet for the '03 E and one for the '06 S430 because I wanted the wood/leather wheel. It really sets off the interior. I even have the famous CL Grille for the '03 E which I removed when I sold it. Should ebay that stuff but just don't want to fool with it.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:02 PM
ipp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W166 ML350 BT
Originally Posted by K-A

The AMG package on my S550 was $6K! The GL550 had the features as I remember and really was the GL AMG model because they did not have plans for an AMG GL. The SL550 had the AMG package and I can't remember the price but it did not come cheap...:-) Similar with the C350 Sport.

I have leather steering wheels in my garage closet for the '03 E and one for the '06 S430 because I wanted the wood/leather wheel. It really sets off the interior. I even have the famous CL Grille for the '03 E which I removed when I sold it. Should ebay that stuff but just don't want to fool with it.
This is fun to read, and weird, in Europe and probably in the rest of the world our W212s looks just like op's from stock (-the steering wheel) and the we (me) have to pay >$6.000 to get the AMG-package + Avantgarde package. On the bright side the AMG-package is very rare here.

I don't understand why MB lets MBUSA to mess up their sales/options strategy like this by giving away the AMG-package for free and especially not to the country that already has the cheapest car prices already .
Old 02-06-2010, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ipp
This is fun to read, and weird, in Europe and probably in the rest of the world our W212s looks just like op's from stock (-the steering wheel) and the we (me) have to pay >$6.000 to get the AMG-package + Avantgarde package. On the bright side the AMG-package is very rare here.

I don't understand why MB lets MBUSA to mess up their sales/options strategy like this by giving away the AMG-package for free and especially not to the country that already has the cheapest car prices already .
It is the USA market that dictates the pricing and how MBUSA outfits the cars and what options we can get and not get. MB, BMW, AUDI and probably Jaguar and Lexus compete and with the money exchange and other consideration, MBUSA is trying to offer a product equal to the others at a competitive price. One of the USA MB buyers biggest gripes is why we cannot get some of the features off that mile long list of option offered in EU. Simple things like folding mirrors, interior options and the like are not available here. MBUSA outfits the car based on cost and how that cost can compete with the competition in the retail market.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i really like the luxury edition as well. those wheels are really nice IMO. even with the 07 C230, they all came with the "AMG" sport package (minus the wheels) and it was free. The C300 sport and C350 also come with AMG bumpers and such right off the bat.

the AMG package on the SL550 is ssssooooo nice though. that is the one car i would pay for to have it on. i would not even want it on the S (with those tips sticking out in the back) that's supposed to be pure luxury. like you and K-A said, it was such a rare option. i remember when shopping for my car. the 04 - 05 were mostly just stock, some with the appearance (sport) package (what i have), and there was only about 2 or 3 with AMG sport package in like a 75 mile radius (and they always wanted more money).

hey, there is a guy actually in the w211 forums looking for a 03-06 E class steering wheel (black interior). you should contact him, maybe he'll buy it.

to answer the last guy's question, i believe it's to compete with BMW in sales.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gaazmon

hey, there is a guy actually in the w211 forums looking for a 03-06 E class steering wheel (black interior). you should contact him, maybe he'll buy it.

to answer the last guy's question, i believe it's to compete with BMW in sales.
My wheel is Ash... my color before I went to the dark side and Black on Black with my GL550...
Old 02-06-2010, 07:13 PM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by K-A
I like the extra slat in the grille, the chrome on the front bumper sides, and especially, the chrome strip on the rear bumper, in fact, I feel it helps spruce up the rear end view.

I don't think two-tone interior is an option on the Luxury (at least not according to the website). The Sport has two-tone, solid black, or solid grey. Can't get all Almond, though. The wood wheel is an option on the Luxury, though. As far as I can tell the only standard interior difference is the gauges, which is pretty minor. Honestly I think they should have done more to differentiate, but I like it either way. As far as the outside, I prefer the style of the Luxury rims - almost as much as the AMG rims offered in the Wheel package. I'm not a big fan of the Sport rims.

I actually tried to get a Luxury b/c I liked the rims and the 17's better (longer tread life haha), but they were all over-stuffed with options. I guess most dealers ordered more Sports. Still, I think MB did a good job of making both versions look good.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by Rowrbazzle
I don't think two-tone interior is an option on the Luxury (at least not according to the website). The Sport has two-tone, solid black, or solid grey. Can't get all Almond, though. The wood wheel is an option on the Luxury, though. As far as I can tell the only standard interior difference is the gauges, which is pretty minor. Honestly I think they should have done more to differentiate, but I like it either way. As far as the outside, I prefer the style of the Luxury rims - almost as much as the AMG rims offered in the Wheel package. I'm not a big fan of the Sport rims.

I actually tried to get a Luxury b/c I liked the rims and the 17's better (longer tread life haha), but they were all over-stuffed with options. I guess most dealers ordered more Sports. Still, I think MB did a good job of making both versions look good.
I too opted for the luxury version for many of the same reasons that Nevada Jack did. When I went in to order the car I sensed that most of the stock cars were Sport and the pickings were very thin on the luxury version at my dealers and others. At that point I decided to order a car to my spec which I did. I ordered and have sinced received my car and really enjoy it. Its Palladium Silver, P2, light tan leather, 4Matic. Since taking delivery I have been told that the suspension on the Sport and Luxury are identical. When I test drove both the Sport did seem stiffer. Perhaps it could have been the different tires/wheels or was the info I got re the suspension being different erronous ??

Last edited by sosh; 02-06-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sosh
Since taking delivery I have been told that the suspension on the Sport and Luxury are identical. When I test drove both the Sport did seem stiffer. Perhaps it could have been the different tires/wheels
that is probably what it's from, the wheels and tires.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sosh
Since taking delivery I have been told that the suspension on the Sport and Luxury are identical. When I test drove both the Sport did seem stiffer. Perhaps it could have been the different tires/wheels or was the info I got re the suspension being different erronous ??
The suspensions are the same (except for the 550 which has air) but the tuning is different. The sport is stiffer and the low profile tires make the ride more firm. The luxury has a softer suspension tuning and the 45 tire profile all around further softens the ride. That is my understanding...

On the window sticker it indicates: Luxury Package...Comfort Suspension, Burl Walnut Wood Trim and Black Instrument Cluster Surround.

Last edited by Nevada Jack; 02-06-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
The suspensions are the same (except for the 550 which has air) but the tuning is different. The sport is stiffer and the low profile tires make the ride more firm. The luxury has a softer suspension tuning and the 45 tire profile all around further softens the ride. That is my understanding...

On the window sticker it indicates: Luxury Package...Comfort Suspension, Burl Walnut Wood Trim and Black Instrument Cluster Surround.
When you say tuning would that be refering to stiffer shocks?? Happen to know which part numbers are different??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new E350 Luxury