MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   info needed on "Drive-dynamic multicontour driver seat" (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/337460-info-needed-drive-dynamic-multicontour-driver-seat.html)

kami_sn 02-08-2010 04:07 PM

info needed on "Drive-dynamic multicontour driver seat"

I am looking forward to buy an E –Class if I feel comfortable in the driver’s seat! The deal is that I have chronic pelvic pain and not feel comfy on most cars and the firmness of cushion on the seat makes big difference for drivability, I guess my question is about “Drive-dynamic multicontour driver seat” and the way it works and the way you can adjust it, in MB website it talks about 11 pneumatic chambers that can be adjusted and adapt to your body, where are the locations of these chambers? Is there any in the seat cushion? If there are where they exactly located? By adjustment dose it mean that you can adjust the firmness or other criteria’s? in general how dose it work?

Any comment will be very helpful.

highroller550 02-08-2010 04:33 PM

go to your nearest dealer and try for yourself.

Nevada Jack 02-08-2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by kami_sn (Post 3930068)
I am looking forward to buy an E –Class if I feel comfortable in the driver’s seat! The deal is that I have chronic pelvic pain and not feel comfy on most cars and the firmness of cushion on the seat makes big difference for drivability, I guess my question is about “Drive-dynamic multicontour driver seat” and the way it works and the way you can adjust it, in MB website it talks about 11 pneumatic chambers that can be adjusted and adapt to your body, where are the locations of these chambers? Is there any in the seat cushion? If there are where they exactly located? By adjustment dose it mean that you can adjust the firmness or other criteria’s? in general how dose it work?

Any comment will be very helpful.

The seat has air bags located in the sides of the seat and back that can be inflated or deflated to suit your comfort. You can also adjust the length of the seat, the side bolsters, the lumbar area and also a massage feature where a series of bolsters in the back inflate and deflate as they move up and down your back. The side bolsters on the back of the seat can be set to "dynamic" and as you take a curve, the bolster on the stress side will inflate to hold you in place. However, I do not think that the firmness of the seat itself can be adjusted... the adjustments are located on the sides of the seat. The seat is slightly firm.

I think you should really visit a dealer and try the seat since you have a major problem to deal with and the only way to check it out is to try it.

Hope that helps a little...

DHI 02-08-2010 05:36 PM

Adjustments on the Dynamic seats are plentiful, but firmness is not one of them.

I really enjoy the seats but the seat cushion length adjustment is a "cheat". On the S-Class the seat cushion literally extends forward. The E Class rather has the front of the seat inflate to extend the seat cushion forward slightly.

ipp 02-08-2010 06:02 PM

I wonder if there is a difference between the multicontour seats and the dynamic multicontour seats except for the massage and the curve taking feature?

Nevada Jack 02-08-2010 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by ipp (Post 3930267)
I wonder if there is a difference between the multicontour seats and the dynamic multicontour seats except for the massage and the curve taking feature?

I don't know where the OP is from but in the US the only option is the Drive-dynamic option. I suspect that the seat base of all the seats are very similar if not exactly the same firmness.

DCist 02-08-2010 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by DHI (Post 3930220)
Adjustments on the Dynamic seats are plentiful, but firmness is not one of them.

I really enjoy the seats but the seat cushion length adjustment is a "cheat". On the S-Class the seat cushion literally extends forward. The E Class rather has the front of the seat inflate to extend the seat cushion forward slightly.

Agreed 100% They really need to re-think the extension of the seat cushion. For those of us with long legs it is essential.

In general, I like my Dynamic seats. Apart from seat cushion adjustment, my only other complain would be lack of certainty when deflating the lumbar support. I just never know if it has deflated completely.

kami_sn 02-10-2010 12:07 PM

Thank you all for good information, I will do a test drive in couple of weeks and will see how it works for me.

Alesius 02-10-2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by ipp (Post 3930267)

There is an additional difference, at least in Europe. First I wanted to order the multicontour seats only (had dynamic seats in my S-Class and rarely used it), until I noticed that they come with the standard "head rest". You get the comfort head-rest with pre-safe function only when you order the dynamic multicontour seats.
Up to you to decide if it's worth the higher price - I ordered it and don't regret...

radoncdoc 03-19-2011 01:53 PM

Thanks. I now understand. I also have a S class and the seat actually moves fore and aft.