MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   "Beautiful Car" (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/338235-beautiful-car.html)

El Cid 02-14-2010 12:33 PM

"Beautiful Car"

Lady stopped me in the grocery store parking lot the other day and said "That's the most beautiful car I have ever seen." Couldn't agree with her more.
Mentioned this to some friends and they all agree the 2010 is beautiful, especially the front end.
I passed over a good deal on a 2009 and waited on the 2010 because it looks so much better IMO. Of course, the electronic and interior upgrades didn't hurt either.
BTW, have owned Nissan 300Zx, Mazda Rx-7 convertible, Audi, etc. and never got a compliment from a stranger before.

K-A 02-14-2010 04:42 PM

El Cid, stop trying to pretend my secret PM to you was a lady in a grocery store parking lot! :D :p:

You've never got a car-pliment from a stranger before? Well extra congrats then. Now if you're single, you can broker that into a nice ice breaker. :y

highroller550 02-14-2010 04:57 PM

since i picked up my e550 coupe. its ben nothing but compliments and thumbs up.. love it

220S 02-14-2010 07:21 PM

Unless you live in Hooterville, people don't go around giving out compliments about the car you drive. Esp modern everyday cars. Vintage rare cars, maybe.

infantry 02-14-2010 09:10 PM

thats awesome man, i love nice people.

usually i get questions about my leg, they come and say "hey man thanks for your service, because they see the purple heart license plates and me walking on a $50,000 leg. lol

I've gotten a few about my w211 07. and they are usually from women :) sweet

when i had my 99 Si, it was really loud, straight pipes and sounded really mean, the only compliment i ever got was from some older guy driving an AMG lol

he replied "well it sounds nice" in a sarcastic ass fashion.

thanks jerk! just cause i couldn't afford an AMG at 16 douche!

pureenergy68 02-15-2010 08:41 AM

It is a great car... I got a compliment from a lady as well ...My Mom ;)

Nevada Jack 02-15-2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by infantry (Post 3939514)

usually i get questions about my leg, they come and say "hey man thanks for your service, because they see the purple heart license plates and me walking on a $50,000 leg. lol

when i had my 99 Si, it was really loud, straight pipes and sounded really mean, the only compliment i ever got was from some older guy driving an AMG lol

Thanks for you service... USN Retired here...:y

El Cid 02-15-2010 09:25 AM

Thanks for your service, hope each day gets better and better.
US Army retired

OAG 02-15-2010 10:51 AM

Thanks for your service and hope your future is enjoyable based on everything you have contributed to earn it.

Retired US Army past generation here.

K-A 02-15-2010 04:02 PM

Yeah, I think your compliments received on a personal level will outweigh even that nice Benz of yours. :)

On the subject of getting car compliments. It's a fun feeling. I gotta say, Benzes will always have their curb appeal, however if you've ever experienced being in a car that truly "breaks necks", it's quite interesting. Some break necks for being hot, and some for being NOT! :D

I used to have a Mustang GT, fixed up to the brim, and LOUD, that thing would get so much attention, it was like an event driving it down the street, don't think I'd ever want it to that extent again though.

Also, most stares I've ever seen toward a car, back before the original BMW Z3 went on Sale (the one in the Bond Film), my Moms ex husband who owned a BMW Dealership got one as a display car, we took it out and WOW, people would stop in their tracks, people were snapping pics, it's like we were Michael Jackson walking on the streets, no joke, it was insane.

Also, although I'm not in love with the car personally, my friends Nissan GTR is like a bulls-eye.

MBNUT1 02-15-2010 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by 220S (Post 3939412)
Unless you live in Hooterville, people don't go around giving out compliments about the car you drive. Esp modern everyday cars. Vintage rare cars, maybe.

I guess Cincinnati qualifies as Hooterville. I have had several compliments from stangers on how beautiful my E350 was. Black on black doesn't hurt.

infantry 02-16-2010 12:45 AM

wow i didn't know there was so many former military that own benzes. specifically e350!

must be a military thing huh? lol

Grunt Life!

220S 02-16-2010 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by MBNUT1 (Post 3941033)
I guess Cincinnati qualifies as Hooterville. I have had several compliments from stangers on how beautiful my E350 was. Black on black doesn't hurt.

Yeah, no doubt folks are more friendly and way less jaded there. Out here (Santa Monica; Malibu) you won't even get a nod in an Italian exotic. Too many nice cars everywhere; people just don't pay much attention unless it's something really super rare.

gaazmon 02-16-2010 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by 220S (Post 3941353)
Yeah, no doubt folks are more friendly and way less jaded there. Out here (Santa Monica; Malibu) you won't even get a nod in an Italian exotic. Too many nice cars everywhere; people just don't pay much attention unless it's something really super rare.

a family friend of mine who is quite a bit younger than me goes to high school in newport beach. we were talking cars and what he wanted to get. he said that a kid at his school drives a maserati. like 220S said, it's just :crazy: out here in LA. i've never had a stranger compliment my car, but i do get some looks here and there, but probably mostly because of the color and pano roof combo.

the most compliments i got was with my 2005 chrysler 300. we bought it the 1st day it came out. lol, there was some guy at a gas station selling some incense stuff and he said to me "nice car" i said "thanks" he replied... "bet u get a lot of pus*y in that thing". ya... interesting things happen at gas stations.

K-A 02-16-2010 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by gaazmon (Post 3941383)
a family friend of mine who is quite a bit younger than me goes to high school in newport beach. we were talking cars and what he wanted to get. he said that a kid at his school drives a maserati. like 220S said, it's just :crazy: out here in LA. i've never had a stranger compliment my car, but i do get some looks here and there, but probably mostly because of the color and pano roof combo.

the most compliments i got was with my 2005 chrysler 300. we bought it the 1st day it came out. lol, there was some guy at a gas station selling some incense stuff and he said to me "nice car" i said "thanks" he replied... "bet u get a lot of pus*y in that thing". ya... interesting things happen at gas stations.

Wow, a kid in High School with a Maz. :crazy:

L.A is a funny town. Mine gets love (like most here, seemingly from females mostly) sometimes, mostly by those who would walk up with me to the car or something, some old lady walked by my car in a parking lot and was like "Wow what's that, a Mercedes? Beautiful". It was nice, and funny, sounded like she hadn't seen a Benz in 40 years in the way she said it.