MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   How to make my E550's exhaust sound like an E63's? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/343757-how-make-my-e550s-exhaust-sound-like-e63s.html)

jvc300 11-30-2012 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by ImInPA (Post 5450830)
I would just trade in and get the E63.

+1...

petee1997 11-30-2012 01:48 PM

Actually the new 4.6L Bi-turbo has the engine note you are looking for.

lee16 12-06-2012 12:39 AM

Im seriously concerning these:

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/2...&c9=8136&r=460

D&G 10-27-2013 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by cryhavok (Post 4002047)
These clips were just posted to youtube of the Eisenmann exhaust on an W212 550

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDBKuVZVnI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EieEQTWDm_Y

This exhaust produces pretty sick notes. Anyone here running on these exhaust?

Tonycpa 11-10-2015 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by lee16 (Post 5450175)
Can someone give me some websites where I can purchase an exhaust for my e550?

Sure. They are listed in the vids.

beejAMG 11-10-2015 07:08 PM

if only it was still 2012. :nix:

not to be rude, but everybody has seen your video more than when Lebron James claimed hes the best player in the world. so you can stop posting it now. its ok, we know that we can hear you before we can see you.

btw, love the thunderous sound on your car. :zoom:

hyperion667 11-11-2015 02:13 PM

LOL BJ

AudiA4Turbo22 11-12-2015 05:23 PM

Let me clarify something for all of you exhaust newbs once and for all:

1. The resonator which is located directly under the front portion of the cabin which most people are suggesting be replaced with an X-Pipe WILL NOT AND CANNOT add any noticeable sum of noise or make your car sound like an E63. This resonator controls and eliminates any rasp from your exhaust. The video on the first page which had showed an E550 with the resonator removed and all you hear was a gang of rattling is what your car will sound like if that resonator is removed.

2. The tone & volume of your exhaust is controlled by nothing more than the mufflers at the rear of the vehicle. Those mufflers are muted in the sedans and coupes to be quiet.

3. If you want your E550 to sound similar to an E63 than you need to purchase a complete E63 AMG exhaust for best results or at a minimum a set of mufflers from either an S63, E63, CL63, or C63. The mufflers on these cars are specifically designed and tested using special microphones that read musical notes and are then tuned very slowly by manipulating the inner makings of the muffler to achieve the desired sound AMG is trying to achieve. This is what makes an AMG sound so good. If you compare the sound of the E63 to say a Challenger SRT Hellcat you will notice that the AMG sounds SOOOO much better than the hellcat. Why? NO! It is not because the E63 is German, but because AMG spends thousands and thousands of dollars having a company like Sebring R&D exhausts down to each and every note and produce something that truly gets you excited. American car manufacturers believe that the natural sound of the engine is best, so they like to have companies supply modified off the shelf mufflers for their cars to both be more economical and to also save time.

In reality, a Mercedes V8 that is straight piped sounds like GARBAGE! AMG & Mercedes need to spend so much in exhaust tuning to provide a much more desirable note. A perfect example is the S65/CL65 AMG, during a cold start with an OEM exhaust it is one of the best sounding cars in the world IMO. However, once you pass 2k RPMs, you will notice that you almost can't hear the exhaust. Why? Because the engine actually doesn't sound very good, V12's rarely do without tuned exhausts.

Cliff notes: A properly engineered exhaust system with tuned mufflers > anything else.

happyeds 07-04-2018 01:46 PM

Thanks Kirk you knocked it out of the park. I sold testing equipment to the automotive industry for 20 years and my last American car was 19 years ago. It took me less then a year to see what they cared about. When I made calls to the Japanese firms they listened and then asked for more diagnostics, so refreshing. Research never ended to build something better.

95viper 07-04-2018 08:48 PM

I agree with what AudiA4turbo says above except the garbage part because there is a tweak to that which is good.

I removed the bullet resonators after the cats and the center resonator in a 07 CLS550. Xpipe as far forward as possible and straight pipes back where center resonator was. $150 total.

No it did not do much but sounds great and has a little bit more bite. Dropped a ton of weight too.

MrBenzie 09-04-2018 11:14 PM

Question

Originally Posted by AudiA4Turbo22 (Post 6613274)

1. The resonator which is located directly under the front portion of the cabin which most people are suggesting be replaced with an X-Pipe WILL NOT AND CANNOT add any noticeable sum of noise or make your car sound like an E63. This resonator controls and eliminates any rasp from your exhaust. The video on the first page which had showed an E550 with the resonator removed and all you hear was a gang of rattling is what your car will sound like if that resonator is removed.

2. The tone & volume of your exhaust is controlled by nothing more than the mufflers at the rear of the vehicle. Those mufflers are muted in the sedans and coupes to be quiet.

3. If you want your E550 to sound similar to an E63 than you need to purchase a complete E63 AMG exhaust for best results or at a minimum a set of mufflers from either an S63, E63, CL63, or C63. The mufflers on these cars are specifically designed and tested using special microphones that read musical notes and are then tuned very slowly by manipulating the inner makings of the muffler to achieve the desired sound AMG is trying to achieve. This is what makes an AMG sound so good. If you compare the sound of the E63 to say a Challenger SRT Hellcat you will notice that the AMG sounds SOOOO much better than the hellcat. Why? NO! It is not because the E63 is German, but because AMG spends thousands and thousands of dollars having a company like Sebring R&D exhausts down to each and every note and produce something that truly gets you excited. American car manufacturers believe that the natural sound of the engine is best, so they like to have companies supply modified off the shelf mufflers for their cars to both be more economical and to also save time.

In reality, a Mercedes V8 that is straight piped sounds like GARBAGE! AMG & Mercedes need to spend so much in exhaust tuning to provide a much more desirable note. A perfect example is the S65/CL65 AMG, during a cold start with an OEM exhaust it is one of the best sounding cars in the world IMO. However, once you pass 2k RPMs, you will notice that you almost can't hear the exhaust. Why? Because the engine actually doesn't sound very good, V12's rarely do without tuned exhausts.

Cliff notes: A properly engineered exhaust system with tuned mufflers > anything else.

can I add a mufflers from an 2008 E63 w211 on a E class 350 (W211) with the resonator Deleted and get the same sound of an 2008 E63 W211 ?

MrBenzie 09-04-2018 11:15 PM

Question

can I add mufflers from an 2008 E63 w211 on a 2009 E class 350 (W211) with the resonator already deleted and get the same sound of an 2008 E63 W211 ?

LemonSqueezy 09-04-2018 11:40 PM

Yes you can add it.

No you wont get the same sound. It's just different in a v6 vs v8. You will also need an amg style diffuser on the rear bumper to fit the quad tips

MrBenzie 09-05-2018 01:28 AM

E63 muffler on a W211 E350?

can I add mufflers from an 2008 E63 w211 on a 2009 E class 350 (W211) with the resonator already deleted and replaced with an X pipe and get the same sound of an 2008 E63 W211 ?

MrBenzie 09-05-2018 01:30 AM

Question

Originally Posted by AudiA4Turbo22 (Post 6613274)

can I add mufflers from an 2008 E63 w211 on a 2009 E class 350 (W211) with the resonator already deleted and replaced with an X pipe and get the same sound of an 2008 E63 W211 ?

SosyalAMG 03-10-2019 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by MrBenzie (Post 7546450)

Did you try it? In thinking to do the same