MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   E550 interior color (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/352832-e550-interior-color.html)

dr k 05-27-2010 04:14 PM

E550 interior color

Hi,

Just ordered a 2011 E550 4matic, sport, black, P1, rear entertainment, split/folding rear seats, Euro delivery. Last item is to select interior color. Having a hard time selecting between black with burl walnut or natural beige with burl walnut. I like the 2 tone and think it looks more sporty but worry it will get old after a while and also worry it looks not quite as sharp as black.

Any opinions or anyone who has ordered the 2 tone and lived with it for a while?

pmb600 05-27-2010 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by dr k (Post 4093156)
Hi,

Just ordered a 2011 E550 4matic, sport, black, P1, rear entertainment, split/folding rear seats, Euro delivery. Last item is to select interior color. Having a hard time selecting between black with burl walnut or natural beige with burl walnut. I like the 2 tone and think it looks more sporty but worry it will get old after a while and also worry it looks not quite as sharp as black.

Any opinions or anyone who has ordered the 2 tone and lived with it for a while?

My vote is for Natural Beige with Burl Walnut. But then again, that is what I have coming next month. Black is great, but very common. Natural Beige is a striking color. I don't think it will get old, it's very similar to the Saddle colored leather they were using 20 years ago, and that still looks beautiful. Just curious, but why no P2 for you?

dr k 05-27-2010 06:17 PM

Thanks. I wanted Xenon lights and would order them if they were a stand alone option. I really did not care about the other items in P2 and did not want to pay for them. The standard Halogens seem to work well.

WhitePano 05-27-2010 06:25 PM

i didnt know anything other than black existed

Ninjaryder 05-27-2010 07:11 PM

I have beige/ black ash & love the sporty two tone look. No regrets.

BRETT0429 05-28-2010 03:39 PM

I HAVE NB ON ASH LOVE IT

Maddic 05-28-2010 04:53 PM

Its all about personal preference when it comes to the color of choices.
So, if I gonna order a car, I wont get any ash/gray interior, period! And I like brown/cognac or NB with walnut for a 2-tones color combination.

I know, whyn't are we able to choose the Bi-Xenon headlamps as a separate option from P2. I know this is part of a MB marketing strategy, but I wouldnt have a 55k+ car w/ Halogen lamps, that's me.

P2 is pretty much all about the xenon light package w/ KEYLESS-GO imo! Xenon headlamp makes a wonderful driving experience at night/dark.

P2 includes all P1 features plus:
- Adaptive Highbean Assist
- Bi-Xenon headlamps with active curve illumination
- Electronic trunk closer
- Headlamp washing system
- KEYLESS-GO
- LED Daytime Running Lamps

petee1997 05-28-2010 05:22 PM

The car you are ordering is an expensive car. The extra $2400.00 will take this car from nice to great. The keyless and lights alone are worth $2400.00, the rest is a bonus.

jbean114 05-29-2010 02:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I agree with all the comments about P2... Would be crazy to not order it on a 550 IMO.:crazy:

For the color, I went with black on black and walnut trim. I love it. I have the AMG sport pack, but I also wanted that balanced feeling of sport and luxury and I think the walnut trip accomplishes that. The ash (IMO) made everything blend together and a bit more plastic looking. I think the ash would look better with an interior color other than black, but I wanted black on black, so walnut was my choice. Also, the ambient lighting works really well with the walnut wood at night. Here are a few pics of my interior in the daylight... I don't have any at night to show the ambient lighting... Sorry.

But, as every one says... It's a personal choice.:rolleyes:

:zoom:

pmb600 05-29-2010 02:10 AM

I have to agree, you should get P2 if you can. Once you live with Xenon lights you won't want to go back. The Adaptive High Beam Assist is really great too.

K-A 05-29-2010 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by petee1997 (Post 4094773)
The car you are ordering is an expensive car. The extra $2400.00 will take this car from nice to great. The keyless and lights alone are worth $2400.00, the rest is a bonus.

Agreed.

I drove a 212 with P1 and all black interior with Black ash-wood. I was disappointed to say the least.

All of a sudden, a P2 car comes up, 2 tone Black/Cream interior with Burl Wood, and it's a whole new ballgame.

Night and day difference IMO between a 212 with no options and monochromatic interior and a well equipped one with some interior sprucing.

silberrosa 05-29-2010 08:21 AM

Get P2!! ;)

For the extra money, you get not only the BiX but keyless go which is awesome. Once you have had it you cant live without it. Good luck.

dr k 05-29-2010 08:43 AM

Thanks for all of the input. I'm comfortable with the P1 package in my car - that has all of the options I wanted. I have Xenon on my current car and my wife has halogen on her SLK. I'm sure I'll be happy either way. The E550 is an awesome car due to the engine and suspension.

I'll decide in the next week on color of interior. Appreciate the opinions. I do have black interior with Walnut ordered but am leaning toward changing to Natural Beige.

303E550 05-29-2010 08:51 AM

I have the Almond w/ Burl Walnut 2 tone interior and I really like it. It is sporty and refined at the same time, which is what the E550 is to me so it seems to fit. The black interior is classic and always looks good in my opinion. Tough to lose either way.

Also, P2 is a totally worthwhile upgrade. Xenons should be standard on this level of car, but MB clearly thinks that they can squeeze some extra $ out of their buyers. P1 on a 550 is really going to ding the resale value as well. Just my $.02.

Enjoy your new car!

HiTach 05-29-2010 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by dr k (Post 4095463)
Thanks for all of the input. I'm comfortable with the P1 package in my car - that has all of the options I wanted. I have Xenon on my current car and my wife has halogen on her SLK. I'm sure I'll be happy either way. The E550 is an awesome car due to the engine and suspension.

I'll decide in the next week on color of interior. Appreciate the opinions. I do have black interior with Walnut ordered but am leaning toward changing to Natural Beige.

Try to see the almond vs. natural beige first hand, if you can. The natural beige seems rather orange to me each time I see it, and the black two-tone from sport interior makes it really stand out. The almond is less garish and the grey seems too light to me.

I have a sand interior in my emerald ML320 and java (I think) in my ML500. Even the sand appears a little bright yellow from time to time, while the lighter java color, similar to the almond, is always pleasant though it shows the dirt a little more.

Check out Nevadajack's pictures [link] of black with burl. Great shots and a great interior if you can accept black.

You will spend thousands of hours in the interior, much more than seeing the exterior, so you should get something that has lasting beauty, and is to your personal taste! Good luck.

dr k 06-02-2010 10:02 AM

Thanks for all of the input. I ended up ordering Natural Beige. It does look more sporty and lighten up the car. I also stuck with my P1 package. I'm very much looking forward to picking this up in Sindelfingen next month.

BobRBob 06-02-2010 10:57 AM

Congrats on your choice. For me, black leather on black rules but it's just personal preference.

dr k 06-14-2010 05:58 PM

Well,

I ended up going with Chestnut sport interior. And also ended up adding P2 to the car. Thanks for all of the input.

1.5 months from pick up on this. I did just see my first Cuprite Brown Eclass and am thinking of changing from black. I'm just not sure if brown fits the E550 as well as black and if it will hold up over time.

petee1997 06-16-2010 08:26 PM

You won't regret having P2. However you may have regretted not having it. You did the wise thing, you covered your bet.

fromthebeginnin 06-18-2010 01:57 AM

Get the Leather not the MB tex

Whatever you do get the leather interior Not the MB TEX, that's a big difference, the seats are bigger and more comfortable (the best $1500 dollar option they have on the 350-I think they are standard on the E550). Just got my E550 black/black leather/black wood-very hot (all puns aside). I skipped the P2-not worth it for me, had the lights on another car not a biggie, had key less (couldn't never figure out where to keep the keys) now the leather is definitely worth it.

Just need to lower the car a little, it is awesome and fast.

K-A 06-18-2010 06:01 AM

Funny, it's the opposite to me.

P2 is a must for the 212.

And the Leather Option is worthless IMO, due mainly to the surprisingly "Vinyl-y" and non-plush Leather material (I honestly didn't feel like it was Leather), and M-B's quality Vinyl. Leather is supreme of course in a Luxury sense, but I think that one is low enough, and the other high enough, that it brings them relatively close together.

To each their own.