E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

212 Sedan Accessory Styling Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
...I am still loving mine. K-A, I am sure yours will arrive anyday. Best 225.00 accessory investment I have made yet. Getting the windows tinted on Saturday for 180.00. Next up... Maybe Video in Montion?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E550 Coupe and 2010 E350 Sedan
Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
...I am still loving mine. K-A, I am sure yours will arrive anyday. Best 225.00 accessory investment I have made yet. Getting the windows tinted on Saturday for 180.00. Next up... Maybe Video in Montion?
Aw man, I have to do the tint too, and I live in Houston, TX. It's brutal right now.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Yeah, they just Replied and said it's shipping out probably today via Fedex. Weird as the E-Mail I got last Wednesday said "Shipped". Said they're a little backed up in the paint department right now.... I guess we can thank ourselves for that.

Yeah, can't beat this for $215 Shipped AND Painted.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor
I can only assume the OEM spoilers are still installed by humans, so there's room for error. If your friend's OEM spoiler was off, he should tell the dealership to fix that. I would.

I installed it myself. Just use some paint tape, or even the tape they actually used to tape up the packing material works. It seemed like paint tape too.

I just placed the spoiler where I wanted it, put pieces of the tape on the trunk so I could properly line it up once I took off strips off the 3M tape. I put one piece of tape to mark how far from each side of the trunk to place the spoiler, and then another piece above where the spoiler sits.

This showed me the top "corners" of where I would place the spoiler before pressing down to set it in place. Wish I had taken a picture to help, but maybe you know what I mean.

Just put tape for alignment everywhere you feel it'll help you make sure it's perfect. Only press down when you are good with your placement. Voila! Step back and be glad you got the spoiler, haha!
I forgot to add this tip:

When you are ready to put the spoiler on for good, only peel the backing off the 3m tape a little and place the spoiler in place. Once the positioning is good, start to pull off the backing from under the spoiler, and press the spoiler down as you peel the backing off all the way down the length of the spoiler.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:25 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Interesting, thanks, I think I get what you're saying. Just got a Tracking Number so its been Shipped.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by K-A
Interesting, thanks, I think I get what you're saying. Just got a Tracking Number so its been Shipped.
Hey guys, I need some advice. I have been having a hard time getting a hold of someone from gnarly auto parts. I ordered the parts last week. Its been 8 days. I got a tracking number but it states that it hasnt been picked up yet. I keep on emailing them without any response. At this point, I wouldn't recommend these people to do business with. If it werent for some of the members here getting what they ordered, I would have put in a dispute a long time ago with my CC company. What should I do?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:11 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
Hey guys, I need some advice. I have been having a hard time getting a hold of someone from gnarly auto parts. I ordered the parts last week. Its been 8 days. I got a tracking number but it states that it hasnt been picked up yet. I keep on emailing them without any response. At this point, I wouldn't recommend these people to do business with. If it werent for some of the members here getting what they ordered, I would have put in a dispute a long time ago with my CC company. What should I do?
I would hold off on disputing with your cc company. Gnarly has gotten a lot of business (from what I can tell) off this forum. They are not going to screw you. Might be backordered, might be mid shipment as we speak. I am really happy with mine and it was cheap as can be... well worth any wait. Hang in there!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

I got a Tracking Number for Fedex too. Looks like today it was "Picked Up", and is awaiting "In Transit". Interestingly, yesterday it said it should be delivered on August 6th, and today, it says August 10th. Sheesh, gotta wait for this guy a bit huh?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by K-A
I got a Tracking Number for Fedex too. Looks like today it was "Picked Up", and is awaiting "In Transit". Interestingly, yesterday it said it should be delivered on August 6th, and today, it says August 10th. Sheesh, gotta wait for this guy a bit huh?
I am still getting the run around. I have a mile long email corrispondence with them and this person states that it was on the dock waiting for Fed-ex pick up... And that was 3 business days ago.... She was suppose to get back to me in regards what is up and I still cannot get a definative answer.... This is not a good way to get the word out and drum up business.... I dont mind the wait so much but just be honest about it... If its on back order than Ill wait, but they keep on telling me its on the dock waiting for pick up...etc..etc... one excuse after another...
Old 08-09-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
I am still getting the run around. I have a mile long email corrispondence with them and this person states that it was on the dock waiting for Fed-ex pick up... And that was 3 business days ago.... She was suppose to get back to me in regards what is up and I still cannot get a definative answer.... This is not a good way to get the word out and drum up business.... I dont mind the wait so much but just be honest about it... If its on back order than Ill wait, but they keep on telling me its on the dock waiting for pick up...etc..etc... one excuse after another...
Wow, that's crazy. I'm sure there is just some mix up here. If they were really that incompetent, their business wouldn't last too long.

Keep us posted. So we can make sure whether this is a place we want to suggest to other board members or not. Sounds like so far they made two happy customers and 2 customers are still waiting.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:57 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

x-tian, that sucks to hear. Have you got a tracking number yet?

The only reason I'm not complaining due to waiting almost 3 freakin' weeks now, is because I have a Tracking number, and even though Fedex shows that they picked it up on the 3rd, it got sent out on the 6th, and for some reason takes 'till the 10th (projected) to get here?

I guess they're taking their sweet time too, but according to them, it should arrive tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:22 PM
ipp

W166 ML350 BT
K-A: Are you getting just the trunk spoiler or also getting the roof spoiler?
Old 08-09-2010, 04:35 PM

Wow, that's crazy. I'm sure there is just some mix up here. If they were really that incompetent, their business wouldn't last too long.

Keep us posted. So we can make sure whether this is a place we want to suggest to other board members or not. Sounds like so far they made two happy customers and 2 customers are still waiting.
Crap...I feel bad I recommended these guys, if your having problems. Like I said earlier, I had mine ordered and mounted on my car within a week (and love it). Hang in there...I am assuming yours was backordered. Confidence is high you guys won't get hosed.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
Crap...I feel bad I recommended these guys, if your having problems. Like I said earlier, I had mine ordered and mounted on my car within a week (and love it). Hang in there...I am assuming yours was backordered. Confidence is high you guys won't get hosed.
Yeah, I backed these guys as well b/c my experience was very much like yours. Hope it works out for x-tian and KA.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, I backed these guys as well b/c my experience was very much like yours. Hope it works out for x-tian and KA.
Yeah 2.5 weeks and counting on my spoiler to be shipped. It's just a lil frustrating getting the run around. At this point in time I wouldn't endourse this company but I might change my mind when I recieve my spoiler.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah 2.5 weeks and counting on my spoiler to be shipped. It's just a lil frustrating getting the run around. At this point in time I wouldn't endourse this company but I might change my mind when I recieve my spoiler.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ipp
K-A: Are you getting just the trunk spoiler or also getting the roof spoiler?
Just getting the trunk. I've never been into roof spoilers as I think it gets a bit cluttered back there, and anyway, it spoils the Pano look with the painted piece up there. If I had a fixed roof I might have just chanced it and got one though.

We'll see if mine comes tomorrow I guess!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:56 PM

2010 E350
When did you guys order the spoiler with the painted option, did you have to provide paint code or anything like that? mine is Palladium Silver.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ash_cpe
When did you guys order the spoiler with the painted option, did you have to provide paint code or anything like that? mine is Palladium Silver.
I have ordered mine 2 weeks ago. And yes we did have to provide a paint code so that they can color match the car..
Old 08-10-2010, 02:48 PM

2010 E350
So in your case what did you provide color number or name? like Steel Grey? Palladium silver? o the color number?
Old 08-10-2010, 03:14 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

You just provide the color number. It's on your cars sticker in the door jam (with the build date, etc.), a 3-digit number.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:15 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

So I got mine on (pics to come soon).

Overall, the cut and shaping of it looks great, and the color matching is almost perfect (it's a different material, so maybe I'm being too ****/picky).

The car looks EXTRA great with it, and my rear is finally something that I think looks HOT, although to be fair, after the Tints and debadge I already really liked it, so I wouldn't say this is better as much as it just goes that extra mile to look awesome and adds some extra flavor to the rear, whilst keeping it looking even more different than the average W212's.

As for fit, it's almost perfect, but not exactly. Aesthetically it fits PERFECT. But when I applied it (which took me 1 minute BTW, super easy), I made sure to push the vertical part that goes downward as far IN as possible, then press the top down.

I find that there are areas with very tiny "gaps", as I know that when I press down on the wing, I can hear them suctioning/sticking, then eventually I hear them peel off.

All in all, it's stuck on there, but I worry about longetivity? The middle-top part especially (where it "boomerangs"), I noticed it popped up after driving (got unstuck, just that small middle area), so I pressed on it for like 5 minutes HARD. Let's see if it sticks.

Also, I washed the car, and I ALREADY saw water leak from under the top, all the way through the bottom of the wing, and down out the bottom (on one area so far).

Another thing that is of a slight concern if there are any even microscopic "gaps" in the top area (meaning the little areas that might seem to come unstuck), is that it can't be great for aerodynamics (tiny parachute effect), or maybe it's such a small area, it wouldn't matter.

Anyway, it looks amazing. I didn't use any extra adhesive as the regular one seems strong enough, UNLESS the water that seeps through those areas slowly unsticks it? Either way, in case it ever needs to come off for whatever reason, I should be painless.

Last edited by K-A; 08-10-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

K-A glad you got ur spoiler. I am still waiting for mine. All said and done it will be over 3 weeks. Anyways, glad all worked out for you... Seriously for 215.00 can't beat it...
Originally Posted by K-A

Overall, the cut and shaping of it looks great, and the color matching is almost perfect (it's a different material, so maybe I'm being too ****/picky).

The car looks EXTRA great with it, and my rear is finally something that I think looks HOT, although to be fair, after the Tints and debadge I already really liked it, so I wouldn't say this is better as much as it just goes that extra mile to look awesome and adds some extra flavor to the rear, whilst keeping it looking even more different than the average W212's.

As for fit, it's almost perfect, but not exactly. Aesthetically it fits PERFECT. But when I applied it (which took me 1 minute BTW, super easy), I made sure to push the vertical part that goes downward as far IN as possible, then press the top down.

I find that there are areas with very tiny "gaps", as I know that when I press down on the wing, I can hear them suctioning/sticking, then eventually I hear them peel off.

All in all, it's stuck on there, but I worry about longetivity? The middle-top part especially (where it "boomerangs"), I noticed it popped up after driving (got unstuck, just that small middle area), so I pressed on it for like 5 minutes HARD. Let's see if it sticks.

Also, I washed the car, and I ALREADY saw water leak from under the top, all the way through the bottom of the wing, and down out the bottom (on one area so far).

Another thing that is of a slight concern if there are any even microscopic "gaps" in the top area (meaning the little areas that might seem to come unstuck), is that it can't be great for aerodynamics (tiny parachute effect), or maybe it's such a small area, it wouldn't matter.

Anyway, it looks amazing. I didn't use any extra adhesive as the regular one seems strong enough, UNLESS the water that seeps through those areas slowly unsticks it? Either way, in case it ever needs to come off for whatever reason, I should be painless.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by K-A

Congrats K-A. The official OEM part uses the exact same adhesive application so you should have no problems. It's a great upgrade for the price no doubt!!! Love my tinting as well. Best,
BPhilly
Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

x-tian: Hang in there! You'll be happy with the outcome I'm sure.

BPhilly: Thanks! Cool, yeah my only issue is there seem to be quite a few areas where the wing doesn't exactly perfectly snuggle up to the trunk, which leaves it not able to "attach". So I'm hoping the attached areas are enough to keep it locked in for the long haul. Also, I hope that water doesn't seep in too much. We'll see! Either way, love that my car is now exactly how I envisioned I wanted it, even before I bought it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 212 Sedan Accessory Styling Package