MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   DRL Light Bulb Type (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/369091-drl-light-bulb-type.html)

bc-fd3s 09-28-2010 11:48 PM

DRL Light Bulb Type

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All:
I have a W212 with the four round bumper lights. I would like to know what light bulb type is used on for the DRL, the one on the outside. I know the fog light is H11 but I can not find out the DRL light bulb type.
Thanks,
BC

kingofire 09-29-2010 01:37 AM

This is all I find on osram sylvania website.
2010 MERCEDES-BENZ E-class (With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps)

Low beam headlamp
HID-D1S

High beam headlamp
H7
H7SU SilverStar Ultra: The brightest and whitest light. Up to 50% brighter, up to 40% more downroad visibility and up to 50% more sideroad visibility.
H7ST Silverstar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.
H7EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice. Save Energy - Save Money. Up to 25% brighter light. CO2 reduced 9 to 21%. Gas savings $2 to $19.
H7XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.
H7CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

Parking light
LED

Front turn signal
3457A
3457ALL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Rear turn signal
Assembly

Tail light
Assembly

Stop light
Assembly

High mount stop light
LED

Fog/Driving light
H11
H11ST Silverstar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.
H11XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

License plate
6418LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Back up light
921ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.
921LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Front sidemarker
2825LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Rear sidemarker
Assembly

Glove box
6418LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Map light
2886X

Dome light
6411LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Step/Courtesy light

Trunk/Cargo area

ohlord 09-29-2010 04:21 AM

He's up

in Canada. They have mandatory Daytime running lights. The drl spec will be in the owners manual.

bc-fd3s 09-29-2010 02:15 PM

The US owner's manual does not say all the bulb type and Sylvania website does not either. Also Sylvania website is not 100% correct, for example the license plate bulb type should be T-10 or 194 but it says it is 6418.

I took the light off the bumper and the light bulb has a marking calling something like H28 or H38. I search around and could not find this type of light bulb available anywhere. That's is weird.

BC

YYZ-E55 09-29-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by ohlord (Post 4273517)
He's up in Canada. They have mandatory Daytime running lights. The drl spec will be in the owners manual.

Canada does not offer the double-rounds on the E-Sedan as bi-xenon lights are standard. All cars get the LEDs.

blackbullit 09-30-2010 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by bc-fd3s (Post 4274173)
The US owner's manual does not say all the bulb type and Sylvania website does not either. Also Sylvania website is not 100% correct, for example the license plate bulb type should be T-10 or 194 but it says it is 6418.

I took the light off the bumper and the light bulb has a marking calling something like H28 or H38. I search around and could not find this type of light bulb available anywhere. That's is weird.

BC

Agree the proper DRL bulb is not H11, as indicated on Sylvania website. That is the fog lamp.

I would like to replace my DRL halogen lights with bulbs from PIAA for whiter light.

Let us know if you find the general bulb type.

t0ast 11-11-2010 12:56 PM

Updating an old thread... I looked into the DRL (two round lights on 2010 non-P2-hockey-stick) while swapping out the bumper sidemarkers.

The bulbs are a weird type - I googled and Ebay'ed them, and there's nothing that pops up with the number. (I had hoped to find some white LED or something.)

To get to the bulb, you must remove the DRL assembly (easy, two screws accessible from the wheelwell. They are diagonally located on the back.). The bulbs are held by a round metal clip with tabs bent to hold the bulb and possibly lightly epoxy'ed with some black stuff. It should be pretty easy to remove the bulbs, but since I didn't find any replacements, I didn't bother.

ericsellingerTX 12-07-2010 11:17 PM

Hey bc, did you ever figure out what type of bulb is in the round DRL? I have the 4 round lights as well and I hate that yellow color halogen bulb in there.

I have looked everywhere and cant find anything...let me know if you have found something?

bc-fd3s 12-08-2010 08:20 PM

I have not figure out the bulb type yet. I will have to wait till X'mas break before I have time to take the light off again and determine the bulb type.

konigstiger 12-08-2010 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by bc-fd3s (Post 4400328)
I have not figure out the bulb type yet. I will have to wait till X'mas break before I have time to take the light off again and determine the bulb type.

Bulb is not a spare part lamp must be replaced

bc-fd3s 12-08-2010 09:07 PM

I figured MB wants us to buy the whole assembly from them when the light is blown. An alternative is to retrofit the light housing to fit an off-the-shelf type light bulb.

songpz 01-03-2011 02:55 AM

DOES ANYONE KONW THE TYPE NOW?

tlmbenzc350 03-15-2011 09:07 PM

I just a 2010 E350 with the 4 round lights and did anyone figure out what bulb fits in the drl? I am changing the sidemarker to clear with white bulbs that I had on my C350 from Michael that I bought from the group buy awhile ago. I want the bulbs to match in the front of the vehicle also.

44kevin 12-16-2011 04:07 PM

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Mercedes-W2...led-drl-4j.htm

Someone with e550 stated that it doesn't fit his. Will this be an exact fit for 2010 e350? Anyone used these before? care to comment?

BM2BZ 12-22-2011 04:39 AM

i would like to know as well but i guess most of the members here have the hockey sticks and probably not 100% sure :nix:.

DrDrei1985 03-16-2013 02:02 AM

I have a 2010 E350 P1.. DRL bulb is SH23W or P13W.. that link with that set of bulbs does fit, but with a lil mod.. if you take ur stock bulb out n compare that with the LED bulb, you will see on flatter side of each bulb has a indentation, but their on different positions. you will need to sand off the one on the LED bulb so it can fit in. after that, its cake.. but the driver side as a bi*^# to do..

Bizz Xx 02-08-2018 09:32 AM

W211 daytime running light

168 is the number next to the high beam
fog light is h11
low and hi h7

But if you want your dtrl to be a bright white youll have to order a special 168 led bulb because the ones sold in advance and AutoZone don't work only the regular yellowish light are available

jroal 07-14-2018 12:12 PM

I have a silver E350 that is apparently invisible in the day time. People pull in front of my all the time. Generally cruising on a 4-lane freeway and someone from the right lane will just dive into my lane to the point I have to swerve and/or brake/accelerate to avoid a collision. I want to make the car more visible in the day. I was hoping I could upgrade the DRL bulbs with super bright amber LEDs that may be more visible in the day. I see several white light options in this thread but no amber. I did find this YouTube video showing how to replace them:

Does anyone else with a silver E350 have this problem? Has anyone done anything to improve the situation? Of course I avoid sitting in blind spots and drive defensively but still this keeps happening. It never happens in my Guards red Cayman S.

AZN Optics 07-14-2018 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by jroal (Post 7501574)
I have a silver E350 that is apparently invisible in the day time. People pull in front of my all the time. Generally cruising on a 4-lane freeway and someone from the right lane will just dive into my lane to the point I have to swerve and/or brake/accelerate to avoid a collision. I want to make the car more visible in the day. I was hoping I could upgrade the DRL bulbs with super bright amber LEDs that may be more visible in the day. I see several white light options in this thread but no amber. I did find this YouTube video showing how to replace them: https://youtu.be/6a1PD-9lrHQ.

Does anyone else with a silver E350 have this problem? Has anyone done anything to improve the situation? Of course I avoid sitting in blind spots and drive defensively but still this keeps happening. It never happens in my Guards red Cayman S.

You could try swapping out your side markers for clear with a bright amber or even white light. Markers would be more visible than the ones down at your fogs in the situation you describe.

2 EURO 07-16-2018 01:02 PM

I just replaced my DRLs with LEDs... These are the bulbs I bought.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Mercedes-W2...6-mercedes.htm

pb39374 04-23-2019 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2 EURO (Post 7502785)
I just replaced my DRLs with LEDs... These are the bulbs I bought.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Mercedes-W2...6-mercedes.htm

sorry to start up this thread again, but did you ever have any issues with these LED DRL’s?

S550e 04-24-2019 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by pb39374 (Post 7739957)
sorry to start up this thread again, but did you ever have any issues with these LED DRL’s?

I also purchased those DRL LEDs from iJDMToy and they work amazing. I’ve had them on for almost a year now. Works perfect and looks amazing.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c5734090d.jpeg

This is my car right after I installed them.

pb39374 04-24-2019 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by S550e (Post 7740545)
I also purchased those DRL LEDs from iJDMToy and they work amazing. I’ve had them on for almost a year now. Works perfect and looks amazing.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c5734090d.jpeg

This is my car right after I installed them.

Thanks looks good - To get to the lights, did you remove the wheel or just turn the wheel all the way in?

cx876 11-25-2019 05:56 PM

my experience with halogen bulb is the brighter they are the sooner they die,
sure they look nice while it works, but it's a pain in the ass when you have to replace them every year