MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Window Auto Up - Not working (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/374706-window-auto-up-not-working.html)

KonradE63 11-09-2010 10:58 AM

Window Auto Up - Not working

My window auto up is not working on only one window. Is this something I can reset, or will I have to take it to the dealer?:nix:

Beausoleil 11-09-2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by KonradE63 (Post 4343464)
My window auto up is not working on only one window. Is this something I can reset, or will I have to take it to the dealer?:nix:

In most cars I've experienced you have to run the window to the top and continue to hold the button for a few seconds to reinstate the feature.

LaicepsYdobon 11-09-2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by KonradE63 (Post 4343464)

Try realigning the sensors like Beausoleil suggested. If that doesn't work you need to take it. I had that with my car; the dealer hooked it up to a laptop and fixed it in two minutes.

hyperion667 11-09-2010 12:57 PM

I could swear I remember another thread like this one, but I can't recall.....I do remember the solution was a simple one....

K-A 11-09-2010 03:39 PM

Mine works fine, but I have another problem with the driver side one, every now and then when I push it auto-up, it goes auto-down. :nix:

ash_cpe 11-09-2010 03:42 PM

I have the same problem with my driver's side window. It's annoying.

K-A 11-09-2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by ash_cpe (Post 4343930)
I have the same problem with my driver's side window. It's annoying.

The same one I have, or O/P?

It's truly annoying. Also, when it goes down due to this "glitch", it doesn't go back up when I immediately press the button, it just has a mind of its own. I imagine it would suck if someone's trying to reach into my car for foul reasons, and I'm trying to jam my window up their arm.... And it goes down. :bs:

ash_cpe 11-09-2010 04:20 PM

Exact same one but with driver's side, I don't even like to open the window because of it. Never had the chance to check with dealer about it.

KonradE63 11-09-2010 05:17 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks to those who replied. Here it is:

while the car is on, lower the offending window by pressing down on the switch, stop, then raise the window and keep the switch in the raised position for a few seconds (10 did it for me). This solves the problem.

Konrad

LRM1 11-10-2010 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 4343649)
I could swear I remember another thread like this one, but I can't recall.....I do remember the solution was a simple one....

Yes, it was my "tip the service guy" thread.

I think the last poster answered it though. go all down and hold the offending windows button up for about 10 seconds. You should hear a very faint "click". The window should work from there.

Diesel Benz 11-10-2010 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 4343939)
The same one I have, or O/P?

It's truly annoying. Also, when it goes down due to this "glitch", it doesn't go back up when I immediately press the button, it just has a mind of its own. I imagine it would suck if someone's trying to reach into my car for foul reasons, and I'm trying to jam my window up their arm.... And it goes down. :bs:

Do you mean the window reverses somewhat when you try to close it with "one-touch" and when it reaches the top?

This could be a calibration issue too. If, for some odd reason (or because of a small object or some dirt at the top window frame) the door control unit assumes the window top position is a bit higher than where it actually stops, the door control unit assumes something is left between the window and the door frame and it needs to back up to release the object, like a had (a very small one in this case :) ).

Because of the safety backup, the window would not wind up immediately. I would assume it would go upwards if you first open the window somewhat.

I think it would be worth trying to calibrate the misbehaving window (just like for those who have lost the one-touch feature completely).

K-A 11-10-2010 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz (Post 4345056)
Do you mean the window reverses somewhat when you try to close it with "one-touch" and when it reaches the top?

This could be a calibration issue too. If, for some odd reason (or because of a small object or some dirt at the top window frame) the door control unit assumes the window top position is a bit higher than where it actually stops, the door control unit assumes something is left between the window and the door frame and it needs to back up to release the object, like a had (a very small one in this case :) ).

Because of the safety backup, the window would not wind up immediately. I would assume it would go upwards if you first open the window somewhat.

I think it would be worth trying to calibrate the misbehaving window (just like for those who have lost the one-touch feature completely).

That's exactly what it does! Sometimes it'll go up for just a second, then roll down, and sometimes it'll just immediately roll down when I press up. And of course, sometimes it'll work properly.

So to calibrate, I just simply have the window at the closed position, then hold the auto-up for 10 seconds?

LaicepsYdobon 11-10-2010 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 4345624)
So to calibrate, I just simply have the window at the closed position, then hold the auto-up for 10 seconds?

Roll down the window and keep your finger on the button for 10 seconds after it has been fully rolled down. Then roll up the window and keep you finger on the button for 10 seconds after it has been fully rolled up. This realigns the window sensors. It works great for sunroofs also.

K-A 11-10-2010 04:44 PM

Thx. Do I use the Auto down/ups when doing it?

LRM1 11-10-2010 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 4345687)
Thx. Do I use the Auto down/ups when doing it?

Hold down the button, then hold it up, all the way down and all the way up.

K-A 11-10-2010 04:57 PM

I know I gotta hold it. I mean does it only work if I hold it at either the first or second click.

LaicepsYdobon 11-10-2010 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 4345722)
I know I gotta hold it. I mean does it only work if I hold it at either the first or second click.

The 2nd click. You have to press and pull the button all the way.

LRM1 11-11-2010 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon (Post 4345952)
The 2nd click. You have to press and pull the button all the way.

<<<- What he said

Petie G 06-02-2012 06:05 PM

I just got my new E350 yesterday (almost identical to K-A's) and had the exact same problem with the driver's window. Called the dealer, the told me what to do, fixed it immediately. I rolled the window all the way down. Then, when rolling it up, I didn't do the "express/auto" roll up (didn't pull it up until it clicked). Instead, I merely pulled the button up enough to get the window all the way up. Once the window was up, I the pulled harder on the button to make it click, held it for 15 seconds. Then, I had to "cycle" the car off and on. That meant I had to pull the "engine on/engine off" button out of the dash (very easy to get out) and then reinsert it. Problem fixed in less than 30 seconds.

Airmousam 12-24-2016 02:33 PM

Great thread....pass window was misbehaving and what Petie said fixed it...nice

Keith Cheung 04-16-2017 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Beausoleil (Post 4343530)
In most cars I've experienced you have to run the window to the top and continue to hold the button for a few seconds to reinstate the feature.

thanks it worked!!!!!! All the way down all the way up hold it Walla!!!!

olmate 09-18-2019 05:45 AM

Thanks guys......saved me taking it back to the d1ckheads:bow: