E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Returning a vehicle to the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sosh
Actually I blame you for missing what you say are faded trim pieces. These are easilly and inexpensively replaced. I think you are having a major case of buyers remorse and are looking for any reason to return this car. On the other hand if you are that fussy perhaps you ought to buy a new one. That may give you an even larger case of buyers remorse.
Saw it. Salesman did not mention it until we drove 2 hours out and I pointed it out to him. We continue to have problems with the dealer like the sat radio getting disconnected.

Decided to just take up the awful salesman and poor service of the dealership with MB USA. There's no excuse for that sort of thing. It's not like they didn't know the car had issues before we went down there. Jackass salesman was sending me pictures and in a rush to sell but had no patience to take the time to look over or show the car.

MB is aware of the trim problem and is replacing it under warranty. The "peace of mind" in buying a new car does not exist when your car has problems straight off of the lot.

It was not my responsibility to check the car from 200 miles away for faded trim before driving out to see it. It was also not my responsibility to make sure all services were set up at time of delivery. Dealer will simply be punished for their failure to do the job right. If I'd known they would be so ****ty, I would have haggled another $1000 off the price. I'm buying a Mercedes, not a Daewoo, I expect more out of my purchasing experience and expect to be treated decently, it not well.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by zakiu
Saw it. Salesman did not mention it until we drove 2 hours out and I pointed it out to him. We continue to have problems with the dealer like the sat radio getting disconnected.

Decided to just take up the awful salesman and poor service of the dealership with MB USA. There's no excuse for that sort of thing. It's not like they didn't know the car had issues before we went down there. Jackass salesman was sending me pictures and in a rush to sell but had no patience to take the time to look over or show the car.

MB is aware of the trim problem and is replacing it under warranty. The "peace of mind" in buying a new car does not exist when your car has problems straight off of the lot.

It was not my responsibility to check the car from 200 miles away for faded trim before driving out to see it. It was also not my responsibility to make sure all services were set up at time of delivery. Dealer will simply be punished for their failure to do the job right. If I'd known they would be so ****ty, I would have haggled another $1000 off the price. I'm buying a Mercedes, not a Daewoo, I expect more out of my purchasing experience and expect to be treated decently, it not well.

Thanks for your help guys.
I agree that you deserve more out of a sales experience when buying a luxury brand. Unfortunately there are good and bad dealers out there. By the way, are you saying you don't mind being treated like s***, as long as they give you a bigger discount??

I don't blame you for not noticing faded trim, but I don't see what the earth shattering problem is here. They will replace it, good as new. It's not a mechanical problem, and certainly not indicative of your car's quality. Enjoy the new car, I'm sure if you can look past a minor inconvenience you will see that this car will be a very enjoyble one to own and drive.

Last edited by pmb600; 12-15-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Mercedes dealerships are independent franchises. MBUSA cannot "punish" the salesperson or the dealer. You really should bring up this issue with the general manager of the dealership and/or management at the owning company of the dealership (many auto delearships are owned by larger corporations like AutoNation, etc..)

MBUSA will help in getting things fixed under warranty if you're having a communication issue with the dealership or simply feel you're not getting satisfaction from them. You need to call MBUSA and open a case regarding the specific issues. btw, it's always best to be courteous and diplomatic, and not to get heated up with them (or the dealership, for that matter.) That way you'll always have the upper hand.

Everything is covered under warranty; you don't have to worry.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
You were not very clear wether or not this was a new vehicle. You seem to be avoiding accepting any blame for these minor screw ups. You do not take into consideration that most car sales people are not rocket scientists. Your problems are quite minor and easily addressed. This must be your first new car purchase. You seem very naive and not well versed in purchasing a luxury car. Why did you use a dealer thats 200 miles away?? I guess you saved a nickle.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'14 ML350 GONE-'12 GL450/'10 E550/'10 ML350/'09 C300/'07 ML350/'03 E320
[quote=zakiu;4414172]Saw it. Salesman did not mention it until we drove 2 hours out and I pointed it out to him. We continue to have problems with the dealer like the sat radio getting disconnected.

You drove for 2 hours with the sales guy?? What kind of test drive is that? Also, you are not clear if this is a brand new 2010 car, if not, can make a huge difference as far as the possible cause of the damage/quality question. Either way, warranty should take care of this. You bought the car with this cosmetic issue, when you sell it, I'm sure the next guy will buy it with the same issue - if not fixed. As mentioned before, don't see what the big problem is, not a mechanical/electrical/operational problem and I have had those (2003 W211 E320).
Old 12-16-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by scfishnman
If the car has not been titled yet, the dealer can take it back and re-sell it as a new car. Once it is titled, it is a used car.
True.

However, what constitutes this car being a lemon? Faded trim is not enough for a buyback. Dealers as we all know are not the honest of the bunch, what the hell was the OP thinking? You have to know what you are getting and thoroughly inspect BEFORE signing anything.

What else is wrong with the car? GA has a 72 hour bit on contracts, you should know this BEFORE signing anything either. Not to be a jerk, but it sounds like the OP really needs to learn some things before going out and signing your name of anything else. You know where that phrase: "Signing my life away" came from..come on.

The good part is, Zakiu, you are under warranty. Get that addressed and enjoy the car, BTW I hate most MB salesmen in GA due to bad attitudes and not being detail oriented. I do feel you there, I did not buy my last 2 MB's in GA because of that.

Last edited by bigben320e; 12-16-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bigben320e
BTW I hate most MB salesmen in GA due to bad attitudes and not being detail oriented. I do feel you there, I did not buy my last 2 MB's in GA because of that.
BB: I've always been curious about this salesperson in your area. It appears that she knows the product way more than most salespeople. http://www.benzblogger.com/

She usually has some good and up-to-date info on her blog and seems to get a lot of sales awards, etc.. http://www.benzblogger.com/2009/10/i...-champion.html
Old 12-17-2010, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Cusotmer service

Of all the makes of cars I have owned, and there were many, I have found MBUSA to be the least customer oriented in my situations.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Please don't say things like this and make it sound all encompassing. Not every where do these rules you cite apply. Maybe in your neck of the woods only.
Well, Mister Moderator, I thought we were talking about the U.S., without encompassing the jurisdiction of The Hague International Court. So I failed to see going wrong with my statements, and I still do.

Federal Law in the U.S. cannot be contradicted by State or Local Law. It can be enhanced but only parting from the bases established by said Federal Law.

I am pretty sure it must be very close to this in Germany, where the Bundes Republik rules over all geographical regions. Now, the National Law applying to this case may very well not be in Germany the same as in the U.S.

These, as well as my preceding statements, are just that, unbiased statements of facts nude from any and all ill intentions towards you or anybody else. I am not wishing anybody ill, nor pointing to anybody as the bad guy. Should it appear to be otherwise, I apologize.

And yes, the S550 is, as I previously stated, quite a car which I do not drive in Argentina because it would be a magnet toward attention, and a mark as a target.

Last edited by JoeVal; 12-17-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC 300 W / 2011 E350W, Luxury, P01, leather steering wheel
In California, there's no such "Return". which means once you drove out of dealer parking lot, they won't take your car back except under lemon law. MB dealer is not an Walmart. I believe you thinking too much before finalized this purchase (big investment).
Old 12-22-2010, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
But it was a case when MacDonald paid millions $ for just few drops of coffee. A good lawyer can push a dealer not only to buy this car back, but pay extra fine for the not pleasure of observing faded trim. However yes, this procedure will be a little bit more complex that just return a stroller in Walmart.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:04 AM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Originally Posted by zakiu
We recently purchased a 2010 model E350 from the dealership and are regretting it. The car has faded trim pieces that the salesman did not tell us about until we were purchasing the car and he did not completely go over the car with us. We are concerned that since it is already having problems that we will have more problems with the car.

We literally purchased it under a week ago. Does anyone know if there is a buyback option or an option to change our minds? I know legally there always is a certain time period to do this. We live in Georgia for what it is worth.
You are right and the car is junk. Next time get a S Mercedes. S Mercedes is for showing power. If you buy E Mercedes or ML Mercedes like my stupid son you will get junk and people will be always laughing. Tell dealer you want the best and bring the junk back to them and say you get the S Mercedes. They did this with us and no problems except for stupid son.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 AM

2011 E550 Sport (traded), 2012 SLK 350; 2013 GL450 on order for OCT delivery
Originally Posted by OnlyMercedes600
You are right and the car is junk. Next time get a S Mercedes. S Mercedes is for showing power. If you buy E Mercedes or ML Mercedes like my stupid son you will get junk and people will be always laughing. Tell dealer you want the best and bring the junk back to them and say you get the S Mercedes. They did this with us and no problems except for stupid son.
You gotta be kidding! Sure a dealer would be glad to sell you another car, especially a more expensive one.

I have owned two Mercedes E class sedans, one CLK500 cabriolet, and one S550. They have all been wonderful cars. I just went from a 2008 S550 which I purchased new to a 2011 E550 also purchased new. The E550 has the same drive train and suspension of the S550, and I like it better because it is not as large (and to me has better styling). It runs and rides as well as the S did. For $30k less, the E550 is a bargain.

The S may have more "perceived" prestige if you feel the need to pay extra for that. IMHO it is not worth the extra $$.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:47 AM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Originally Posted by scfishnman
You gotta be kidding! Sure a dealer would be glad to sell you another car, especially a more expensive one.

I have owned two Mercedes E class sedans, one CLK500 cabriolet, and one S550. They have all been wonderful cars. I just went from a 2008 S550 which I purchased new to a 2011 E550 also purchased new. The E550 has the same drive train and suspension of the S550, and I like it better because it is not as large (and to me has better styling). It runs and rides as well as the S did. For $30k less, the E550 is a bargain.

The S may have more "perceived" prestige if you feel the need to pay extra for that. IMHO it is not worth the extra $$.

I understand your feeling but where I come from the S Mercedes is for power in the world. People first see the car then the suit then the cigarettes then the girls then you show them the money and power.

When I had no money which was a very long time ago we buy a junk E Mercedes. All day the people laugh. The family laughs. It was hard to get taken serious for power because the E Mercedes does not make people think power. We made up lies and said it was my wifes car to not be made a joke. Still they laugh all day and laugh all night. It was crazy.

As soon as the good money comes we only buy S Mercedes. This has been for 19 years and is good.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
I understand your feeling but where I come from the S Mercedes is for power in the world. People first see the car then the suit then the cigarettes then the girls then you show them the money and power.

When I had no money which was a very long time ago we buy a junk E Mercedes. All day the people laugh. The family laughs. It was hard to get taken serious for power because the E Mercedes does not make people think power. We made up lies and said it was my wifes car to not be made a joke. Still they laugh all day and laugh all night. It was crazy.

As soon as the good money comes we only buy S Mercedes. This has been for 19 years and is good.
Are you from another planet?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:18 PM

E350 Coupe

Is this a scene from a movie? Power= cars, suits (leisure double knit undoubtly), cigarettes (lung cancer), and girls (hookers probably). Someone must be taking creative writing 101. Makes me laugh all day and all night. An S probably is required to carry around all that money.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist

If you need a car to shield you from the laughter of others, then "S" is for sad.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Um, I think you guys are missing the attempt at witty sarcasm. It started out like it was going to go somewhere entertaining but then he dropped the ball.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:20 PM

E350 Coupe
Me not think such is so. Name on screen OnlyMercedes600. Power not to laugh at. USAs not understand. Man with most power in freeworld Obama drive Ford Hybrid but have...cigarettes. Most power before name George have pickup truck but cowboy boots...that OK. Man before George...Bubba have 1965 Mustang but boy have girls lots. You no understand at all. Sorry for you.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:41 PM

2011 E550W - White/Almond, P2 Pkg, Pano Roof, Driver Dynamic Seat, Sport Pkg, Rear Spoiler
S600, I will ask: Who are you trying to impress, me/us or yourself????
Old 12-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Mercedes-Benz S600
Originally Posted by imartin
S600, I will ask: Who are you trying to impress, me/us or yourself????

You have E class Mercedes. You wouldnt understand.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:09 PM

2010 E550 4matic, 2008 MDX, 2011 335i Vert
How do you spend 50k+ on something and not demand a full walkthrough? Thats setting yourself to be perpetually ripped off. Best wishes though and I hope benz gives you a break.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:19 PM

2010 E550 4matic, 2008 MDX, 2011 335i Vert

this is short sighted and kinda silly - although I admit I would've bought into this in 5th or 6th grade. In this day of fancy financing we get secretaries driving S550's. Need to see the whole picture if you wanna get a sense of someone's money and power.

...and just a guess but they might not have been laughing at your car!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:32 PM

2011 E550W - White/Almond, P2 Pkg, Pano Roof, Driver Dynamic Seat, Sport Pkg, Rear Spoiler
LMAO!!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by steelgrey
Me not think such is so. Name on screen OnlyMercedes600. Power not to laugh at. USAs not understand. Man with most power in freeworld Obama drive Ford Hybrid but have...cigarettes. Most power before name George have pickup truck but cowboy boots...that OK. Man before George...Bubba have 1965 Mustang but boy have girls lots. You no understand at all. Sorry for you.
Now that's better......

Edit: this is more or less entertaining: https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...like-junk.html

This too: https://mbworld.org/forums/3656849-post119.html

But it would have been truly funny if he had been smarter and more sophisticated about it and used some real wit. It's too obvious and way overbaked, so it ends up as not being that humorous. It's a poor attempt.

Last edited by 220S; 12-22-2010 at 04:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Returning a vehicle to the dealer?