MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Did the tail lights grow on you? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/379211-did-tail-lights-grow-you.html)

greasykid 07-28-2012 03:14 PM

How tinted tail lights?

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 4411922)
I also tinted the red part of my tail lights and I believe I am doing people stopped behind me at night a favor...I was stopped behind another W212, these brake lights are BRIGHT!
Park423

LOL, I have not had the pleasure of being behind one yet........but I could imagine it's bright back there........and add my led plate lights in there too.......hehe
I do think I'd like a very light tint back there........
what's the recommendation heads?

How did you do that?

BenzV12 07-28-2012 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 4410538)
Not so much that they've "grown on me", in the sense that I've just forced myself to accept them. However, after spending time with them, and studying them, I see the beauty of them (or "it", as I'm referring to the rear end in general) more-so than before, when I just hated them. Also, with mine, I had to do a few little mods back there, to truly love it, which I do now.

WOW, I 100% agree on the taillights . First, I expected something like W221 one piece and kinda disappointed at the design but later I realized that these things were beautiful and work of art namely when they glow
W212 is my 2nd fave taillight followed by W221

greasykid , thanks for bringing back this topic up

greasykid 07-28-2012 03:55 PM

Tinting lights

Originally Posted by BenzV12 (Post 5300465)
WOW, I 100% agree on the taillights . First, I expected something like W221 one piece and kinda disappointed at the design but later I realized that these things were beautiful and work of art namely when they glow

I was asking how you tinted tail lights.

BenzV12 07-28-2012 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by greasykid (Post 5300506)
I was asking how you tinted tail lights.

Glad you asked hype that question , he will return as soon as he notices your quote .
I just swapped mine with clear led lights , mines are not tinted or tintless lol

K-A 07-28-2012 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by BenzV12 (Post 5300465)

Agreed. :cheers:

There's a classic Benz simplicity to the E's rear. A very "fundamental" quality about it, it looks very purposeful and to the point. Reminds me of the W126's rear. It's not as fancy as the S's more elegant butt, but it's actually very well proportioned if you really look at it. Dare I say, even looks somewhat athletic even through that "fundamental" and purposefully rigid design, due said proportions.... I noticed this when I had it parked next to a W221 from behind recently, and the E's rear looked so sharp, lean, and relatively "athletic" in comparison. Not to take away from the W221's rear though.... it's extremely regal, upscale appearing and elegant I think, one of my fav's as well.

LOVE MB 07-31-2012 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by golfster (Post 4410479)
I always found the tail lights to be the weak part of the design on an MB, almost a bit odd looking at first. Yet, most of the designs grew on me, or I at least accepted them, over time. The W212 series, however, I liked the tail lights from the beginning.

What's not to like?! :D

Nuru 12-15-2012 08:34 PM

These actually look better on the White cars.