E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Roof Spoiler on White E w/pano- pictures anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
Roof Spoiler on White E w/pano- pictures anyone?

Looking to add a rear roof spoiler / diffuser to my white E with pano roof. I saw the pictures of black on black in the JBSpeed thread and like the look. Does anyone have a picture of a white E with pano roof and the rear spoiler / diffuser? trying to decide between white or black. Thinking the black would flow better with the black pano top and having a hard time visualizing the look.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:09 AM

Either this is a terrible idea on a white car w/pano or I am not explaining this very well. The phrase "roof spoiler" does conjure up all sorts of fast & furious tuner style images like little honda civics with two foot spoilers on the back.

The spoiler option I am referring too is the small lip (2"-2.5") that attaches to the top of the rear window. I saw the pictures on a black 550 posted under the JBSpeed thread and thought it looked fantastic, but haven't seen this option on any other color E with or without a pano roof.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:12 AM

Like this

Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w212 E350
Hi pntblnk,here is a picture of mine . I really like the look of this color combo with the roof spoiler. I think it adds exclusivity as I dont see too many of them. Anyway hope these pictures help. Believe me it looks much better in the metal. Can anyone explain how to post larger sized pictures? This maximum required size doesnt cut it.
Attached Thumbnails Roof Spoiler on White E w/pano- pictures anyone?-benzinini-011.jpg  
Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 AM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
IMO the roof spoiler looks best on the black on black. The white spoiler on the Pano doesnt work for me (sorry, no offense intended Benzinini...just my 2 cents). I would love to see some pictures of it white on white (sans black pano).
Old 02-01-2011, 12:07 PM

w212 E350
Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
IMO the roof spoiler looks best on the black on black. The white spoiler on the Pano doesnt work for me (sorry, no offense intended Benzinini...just my 2 cents). I would love to see some pictures of it white on white (sans black pano).
None taken..to each his own.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:09 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Originally Posted by Benzinini
None taken..to each his own.
Thanks...enjoy your wheels.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Hi pntblnk,here is a picture of mine . I really like the look of this color combo with the roof spoiler. I think it adds exclusivity as I dont see too many of them. Anyway hope these pictures help. Believe me it looks much better in the metal. Can anyone explain how to post larger sized pictures? This maximum required size doesnt cut it.
Thanks for posting. Can you snap a shot from the side also when you get a chance? I think it looks pretty good and will want to see one with a black spoiler / difuser as well for comparison.

Btw - once you double click on the thumbnail it opens a new window at full size. Plenty of detail then.

Last edited by Pntblnk; 02-01-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
It does look better on the w212. I have a white/pano w211 and a black roof spoiler for it that I tried on multiple times and just don't feel the look, and I love roof spoilers.
If you do put it on, post pics please.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:34 PM

w212 E350
Originally Posted by Pntblnk
Thanks for posting. Can you snap a shot from the side also when you get a chance? I thunk it looks pretty good and will want to see one with a black spoiler / difuser as well for comparison.

Btw - once you double click on the thumbnail it opens a new window at full size. Plenty of detail then.
Thanks! I already have a side view posted on the picture thread but will take a better picture when I get a chance.BTW I know about clicking on the pic to make it larger but wanted the size such as you have for the black E above.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:49 PM

Benzinni - found your pics and think that looks pretty darn good. I still want to see a white E with the black spoiler but you may have just pushed me over the edge.

On the pictures, if you have it hosted on the web someplace like snapfish you just right click the actual picture when viewing and highlight the http:/ address. Select little yellow mountain button 4th over from the right above the post box when posting a reply and copy it into the section when prompted. I have the opposite problem, I don't know how you posted your picture!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Usual rule of thumb is if you have pano, you don't go with the roof spoiler.

That said, Benzini's white spoiler w/ pano looks good. I have also seen another BMW 7 series white w/ black top w/ white roof spoiler as well that looked good.

But if it were me, I'd go black roof spoiler to match the pano that way you get a more even flow to the car.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Agreed.

The beauty of Pano gets slightly diminished when you throw on any roof spoiler, IMO, especially a white one. Although I have seen some applications that looked pretty good in passing.

The beauty of Pano is to have a clean, almost "invisible" roof look, which gets spoiled by a roof spoiler.

That said, I'm not the biggest fan of roof spoilers in general, especially that huge cheesy one pictured on the black E at the top of this Thread.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by K-A
Agreed.

The beauty of Pano gets slightly diminished when you throw on any roof spoiler, IMO, especially a white one. Although I have seen some applications that looked pretty good in passing.

The beauty of Pano is to have a clean, almost "invisible" roof look, which gets spoiled by a roof spoiler.

That said, I'm not the biggest fan of roof spoilers in general, especially that huge cheesy one pictured on the black E at the top of this Thread.
I agree with you K-A, I'm not a fan of roof spoilers, they look out of place on an E-Class (or any Mercedes for that matter.) I'm on the fence about the trunk spoiler. Mine does not have a trunk spoiler, but more and more E-Class are being built with them. I did see a really nicely loaded Black E350 Sport with the trunk spoiler recently and I thought it looked nice. Although, it was brand new from a dealer and sparkling clean, and in this horrible winter we're having maybe any clean car looked good to me!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Agreed about the roof, completely!

About the trunk, I debated it on my W211, and I thought that it would look pointless and regressive to the class of the car.

On the W211, I tried putting it off as well, but I felt that the rear of this car can benefit from a trunk spoiler to some degrees.

Also, I think it depends on which spoiler you use. Some on here look really blocky, and unrefined/aftermarket. The OEM Spoiler looks okay, but a bit angular and bland. BPhilly got the one from "GnarlyParts" and recommended it, which is the one I got, and it is the best spoiler look for the W212 IMO, as it is a copy of the *E63* wing, which is an elegant, kind of "boomerang" look with some curves, and a nice indent for the Merc Star. The E63 spoiler look is the best for the 212 IMO.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Originally Posted by pmb600
I agree with you K-A, I'm not a fan of roof spoilers, they look out of place on an E-Class (or any Mercedes for that matter.) I'm on the fence about the trunk spoiler. Mine does not have a trunk spoiler, but more and more E-Class are being built with them. I did see a really nicely loaded Black E350 Sport with the trunk spoiler recently and I thought it looked nice. Although, it was brand new from a dealer and sparkling clean, and in this horrible winter we're having maybe any clean car looked good to me!
I am guessing you would not approve of my Plymouth Superbird rear wing, my favorite NASCAR driver's number on my front doors and the STP stickers on my hood and front fenders? Just kidding (you probably already figured that). With the standard upturned trunk edge, I think the trunk spoiler has a "tacked-on" look. It is less noticeable on dark colors. I may be alone here, but I really like the rear end of the W212. The rear really shows off the additional 4 inches of width compared to the w211. Visually, to my eye, the rear spoiler gives the car a more narrow appearance.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:38 AM

w212 E350
Originally Posted by Pntblnk
Thanks for posting. Can you snap a shot from the side also when you get a chance? I think it looks pretty good and will want to see one with a black spoiler / difuser as well for comparison.

Hi again pntblnk. As promised here are a few more pics I took last night.Apparently the roof spoiler is controversial,thats why they build some with and some without. As previously stated I like the look on the white with pano. Ultimately its what looks good to you. If you do decide to go with it remember mine is factory installed and is more subtle than the after market ones like on the black one above.Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Roof Spoiler on White E w/pano- pictures anyone?-benzi3-003.jpg   Roof Spoiler on White E w/pano- pictures anyone?-benzi3-008.jpg  
Old 02-02-2011, 11:46 AM

w212 E350
Hi again pntblnk. As promised here are a few more pics I took last night.Apparently the roof spoiler is controversial,thats why they build some with and some without. As previously stated I like the look on the white with pano. Ultimately its what looks good to you. If you do decide to go with it remember mine is factory installed and is more subtle than the after market ones like on the black one above.Good luck!
forgot the side view..
Attached Thumbnails Roof Spoiler on White E w/pano- pictures anyone?-benzi3-006.jpg  
Old 02-02-2011, 11:57 AM

Benzinini - thanks for posting up. The side view really shows how subtle the factory models is. The dealer had a black E with both upper / lower spoilers on it that was driving me this direction. The spoiler on the black car pictured above is much larger and would detract from my white pano where yours accentuates it.

I will probably just sit tight for a while until we make the move to SoCal as I'm sure there will be more that I want to do once I get out there...clear bra, K40 custom install, 30% tint on the windows...
Old 02-02-2011, 12:00 PM

.Apparently the roof spoiler is controversial,thats why they build some with and some without. As previously stated I like the look on the white with pano. Ultimately its what looks good to you.
Zinini:Thanks for posting thie pictures. Remember, it's only you that counts. If you like it, then it's a home run. Some people arent a fan of my Star Grill...and I respect that and always appreciate other MB owners opinions.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:02 PM

w212 E350
Found this for you philly.I think the after market spoilers are a lil too much.Like I said previously, to each his own.I'm personally not a fan of anything after market except maybe some wheels. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails Roof Spoiler on White E w/pano- pictures anyone?-benzinini.jpg  
Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM

Thanks for posting.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350 Sedan, P2, Driver's Assist, Panorama roof
I asked this same exact question a few months a go. Search through the forums and you should find many more pictures of your exact setup. I have a white car too, with pano and very dark windows. I ended up going with white spoilers too and they look awesome. I'm glad I didn't go with black.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jumper4000
I asked this same exact question a few months a go. Search through the forums and you should find many more pictures of your exact setup. I have a white car too, with pano and very dark windows. I ended up going with white spoilers too and they look awesome. I'm glad I didn't go with black.
Jumper - can you post a pic of your car from the side and rear? I have only seen the one picture posted above and still trying to sort it out. Thnx, C
Old 02-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350 Sedan, P2, Driver's Assist, Panorama roof
I haven't washed my car in about month, so I'd be embarrassed to post any pictures of it, but here are some of the pics I looked at before going with white - https://mbworld.org/forums/4148334-post4.html, and here's the thread I started a while back, only one guy suggested black, and he has a picture of his car too - https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...er-advice.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roof Spoiler on White E w/pano- pictures anyone?